Forum Callouts

ClarkKent

Hey I was just thinking that a great feature that could be added to the game could be something where say fighter A calls out fighter B in a smack talk thread or general discussion thread then there could be an option that could be selected, kinda like tagging someone in a facebook post so that the fighter getting called out could maybe get a message in game from their manager letting them know they've been talked about or called out and giving them the chance to respond.

I think it would bring some people to the forums that wouldn't otherwise visit it when they hear about their fighter being called out or mentioned. And I think it would be a cool feature to get some good feuds going.

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 9

It's a wonderful idea, however this will take a lot of programming with the forum engine. A simplier way is to do this in game, like post fight win callout.

• Upvote 1

I had an idea too that the more trash talk done before a fight could maybe add a very small hype boost to the fight/fighter winner? Just again something that to me makes sense as more shit talk in real life normally means more hype behind the fight and it could be interesting to see org owners get really proactive and encourage it

It's a wonderful idea, however this will take a lot of programming with the forum engine. A simplier way is to do this in game, like post fight win callout.

This

I like the idea but I would very much would prefer to see it in game

• 3 months later...

It would not take any programming with the forum engine, there is already a forum addon that could be added here that would do exactly that, I showed it to Mike, and he said the "twitter" like system in the game will pretty much be that.

soon we will have something similiar to this where fighters/managers can call each other out in twitterish style things. A suggestion i made a long time ago that mike recently said is being worked on.

^^ This

Just a quick thought, if we would have such a system on the forum, it wouldn't really help the smack talk that much. It would only make aware of the users actually using the forum that they have been "tagged" in a post. The reason why the in-game twitter system will be good, is because a lot of managers do not use/check the forums, so in-game is a better way to keep track of all smack talk happening.

Maybe have it like how you get a message about how a private jet flight went, have something say "whoever 'buzzed' you on 'buzzer' (or whatever they go with for the twitter thing) click here to see what whoever said. Then when you click it it takes you to the smack talk page where whoever posted about whoever and you cant respond back to it. And for people who dont want to deal with it have an option to disable ingame messages

I didn't read all posts - as I should been offline already to go somewhere, but! I like this idea a lot. I keep a note at the bottom of most of my smack talk that folks should just drop me a PM if they reply to me etc. so I actually am aware what is going on and can reply back. I don't keep track of the (little) smack talk I have done recently so having an in-game message would be great if someone calls a fighter of mine out.