This is why I hate Jon Jones

Viking

If it was any other UFC fighter releasing that, fans would be applauding him for standing up to management. He would be a hero of the people for pushing the deserving fight instead of the profitable fight. However, it is Jon Jones. People want to hate him, no matter what he says or does.

When he asks reporters how they think he came off in an interview, the haters accuse him of caring too much what people think. When he says something that he knows won't be popular, like this, the haters whine that he doesn't care about the fans and is selfish.

People have decided that he is a terrible person simply because he is more talented than anyone else to ever fight.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

If it was any other UFC fighter releasing that, fans would be applauding him for standing up to management. He would be a hero of the people for pushing the deserving fight instead of the profitable fight. However, it is Jon Jones. People want to hate him, no matter what he says or does.

When he asks reporters how they think he came off in an interview, the haters accuse him of caring too much what people think. When he says something that he knows won't be popular, like this, the haters whine that he doesn't care about the fans and is selfish.

People have decided that he is a terrible person simply because he is more talented than anyone else to ever fight.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not because of his hypocrisy, willingness to pick and choose who he thinks is deserving and his general douche bag attitude. Standing up to management is great when management is being unfair or wrong. In this case, management wants both fights to happen. It's not as if they're saying DC will never get a title shot or that Jon Jones isn't a great fighter. They're saying we have 2 contenders. If you're as confident as you act, take one fight, beat his ass and move on to the next. Saying everyone hates him because he's talented is laughable at best.

• Upvote 5

Chicken jones did it again, and he wonders why people don't like him:) A champion should fight interesting and good fights that people and Dana decides. He is not supposed to be able to pick his own fights, and fact is that Gus was promised the rematch long before Cormier, and if Cormier is out for a while now I fail to see why the rematch shouldn't happen next.

do u remember people when he ran down a handbag snatcher right before his title fight against Shogun Rua ?

he was one of the most loved fighters and now being champ people hate u :)

find it funny how fast people turn and it not like he has even done anything like ran over a small child or anything, just being champ is why people make a big x on your back anything u say or do no1 will like it, and its got nothing to do with the way he fights or acts, none of that has changed since being champ (NOTHING). just people attitudes.

if your champ long enough people cant wait to see u fall its just the way of life, and also people love an underdog IMO

and like he said how is asking for DC ducking a fight do u wanna fight DC ? lol Gustafsson should wait for DC and jones

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Lmao. The guy also got into an accident drunk driving with a woman who is not his wife, turned down a fight against a middleweight he would have slaughtered even on short notice, became champion and decided he was entitled to choose who he wanted to fight and he acts like a complete douche about it all. Do you remember that? But you're right, nothing changed since he chased down a purse snatcher. Great thinking, he's hated because he's the champion. Haha

• Upvote 4

Yeah, definitely the guy who fought five champs in a row is a chicken. The guy who frequently took short notice fights is a coward. The guy who has fought tougher competition than anyone else in UFC history is afraid. Why wasn't anyone saying this about Anderson Silva when he was fighting scrubs once a year, while Jones was fighting champs three times a year?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

He already fought and beat Gus. Now it is Cormier's turn.

The fight was so close and for a moment it looked like Jones won't come out as a winner. That's why many people wan't to see it happen again and that's why Gus deserved it. Bones never said no to an opponent, but now he's suddenly cherrypicking? He shows that he's scared. And who would you like to watch? A tall guy beating up a small fat boy or a potential fight of the year and a new champ?

Yeah, I'm sure it's not because of his hypocrisy, willingness to pick and choose who he thinks is deserving and his general douche bag attitude. Standing up to management is great when management is being unfair or wrong. In this case, management wants both fights to happen. It's not as if they're saying DC will never get a title shot or that Jon Jones isn't a great fighter. They're saying we have 2 contenders. If you're as confident as you act, take one fight, beat his ass and move on to the next. Saying everyone hates him because he's talented is laughable at best.

Once again, "take ONE fight, beat his ass and move on to the next" is NOT what the people in this thread want, they're fuckin outraged because he is fighting DC.I guess Cormier is a 15-0 strikeforce heavyweight champ, olympic wrestler tomato can, just like Teixeira who hadn't lost in how many fights? According to everyone here, if he does not fight Gustafsson next he is ducking.

It does matter who the fighter is because nobody was outraged about GSP not giving Hendricks a rematch before retiring

Edit: Funny how Cormier is reduced from an undefeated dominant being to just a fat boy, he has the grappling to beat Bones

• Upvote 3

Once again, "take ONE fight, beat his ass and move on to the next" is NOT what the people in this thread want, they're fuckin outraged because he is fighting DC.I guess Cormier is a 15-0 strikeforce heavyweight champ, olympic wrestler tomato can, just like Teixeira who hadn't lost in how many fights? According to everyone here, if he does not fight Gustafsson next he is ducking.

It does matter who the fighter is because nobody was outraged about GSP not giving Hendricks a rematch before retiring

Edit: Funny how Cormier is reduced from an undefeated dominant being to just a fat boy, he has the grappling to beat Bones

I'm fine with him fighting either. I think both would be great challengers. I just don't like his "it's my career I can pick my own fights" attitude. He took the title shot and won the belt, now take on any and all comers. If it was a matter of wanting more training time, money or something a bit more contractually related I would understand. But every time a fight with Gus gets thrown into the mix all of a sudden he's the UFC LHW match maker and believes everyone else is more deserving. His biased opinion shouldn't decide who deserves the shot.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The fight was so close and for a moment it looked like Jones won't come out as a winner. That's why many people wan't to see it happen again and that's why Gus deserved it. Bones never said no to an opponent, but now he's suddenly cherrypicking? He shows that he's scared. And who would you like to watch? A tall guy beating up a small fat boy or a potential fight of the year and a new champ?

Asking for a fresh challenge instead of a guy you already beat is not cherry picking. Jones beat Gus while injured. He can easily beat him when healthy. DC, on the other hand, is one of the few guys in the sport who might be able to put Jones on his back. He is way, way more of a threat to win than Gus is. The pay day for fighting him will be much, much smaller.

If Jones was selfish, he would take the easy Gus fight, cash the big pay check, and move on. Instead, he is wanting to challenge himself against the best, regardless of what the UFC or the fans want.

• Downvote 2

Asking for a fresh challenge instead of a guy you already beat is not cherry picking. Jones beat Gus while injured. He can easily beat him when healthy. DC, on the other hand, is one of the few guys in the sport who might be able to put Jones on his back. He is way, way more of a threat to win than Gus is. The pay day for fighting him will be much, much smaller.

If Jones was selfish, he would take the easy Gus fight, cash the big pay check, and move on. Instead, he is wanting to challenge himself against the best, regardless of what the UFC or the fans want.

So, take the Gus rematch, "win easily" this "easy fight". He will be rich, UFC will be rich, fans will love him...its win/win situation, isnt it?

Oh, wait, right - Gus could own his ass AGAIN and JBJ may not be lucky again with judges.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So, take the Gus rematch, "win easily" this "easy fight". He will be rich, UFC will be rich, fans will love him...its win/win situation, isnt it?

Oh, wait, right - Gus could own his ass AGAIN and JBJ may not be lucky again with judges.

It isn't a win/win when you are trying to constantly challenge yourself. If Gus wants another shot, he has to win several fights in a row and earn it. I absolutely hate rematches. The UFC is turning into boxing with its constant rematches simply because they make money. This is a sport. In sports, the chances at championships go to those who win, not those who lose, but can draw a good ppv buy rate.

It seems like almost every champion who loses gets a rematch now. Any close title fight results in a rematch. It is bullshit. No rematch should happen without at least 3-4 fights in between.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Jones is such a prat, i hope to see him lose one day and Cormier may just be the man to do it (or Gus), he needs to stop trying to choose the fights and just fight whoever the ufc decides is next. if you are the champion you need to fight whoever is deemed the next challenger, you can't pick and choose.

• Upvote 1

Jones is such a prat, i hope to see him lose one day and Cormier may just be the man to do it (or Gus), he needs to stop trying to choose the fights and just fight whoever the ufc decides is next. if you are the champion you need to fight whoever is deemed the next challenger, you can't pick and choose.

Stop with the "picking and choosing". Name one fighter in UFC history who has fought the collection of guys that Jones has. You can't because it has never happened. The guy fought five ex-champs in a row. The only two fights he has had a problem with were two guys who didn't deserve title shots: Sonnen, who had just lost a middleweight title fight, and Gus, who was just beaten by Jones one fight ago. He isn't ducking anyone. He is pushing to fight the best and most deserving instead of being handed easy "money" fights.

• Upvote 1

Stop with the "picking and choosing". Name one fighter in UFC history who has fought the collection of guys that Jones has. You can't because it has never happened. The guy fought five ex-champs in a row. The only two fights he has had a problem with were two guys who didn't deserve title shots: Sonnen, who had just lost a middleweight title fight, and Gus, who was just beaten by Jones one fight ago. He isn't ducking anyone. He is pushing to fight the best and most deserving instead of being handed easy "money" fights.

Gus was beaten by Jones 2 fights ago. And your argument just doesn't make sense.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/4/5469476/ufc-jon-jones-daniel-cormier-i-have-no-interest-in-fighting-you

Two months ago Jones said he wasn't interested in Cormier because he hasn't fought any top contenders yet. What exactly changed his mind? I said this in the other thread but I highly doubt a win over an aging, cardio-less 1-4 in his last 5 fights and hasn't fought for a UFC title since March of 2008 Dan Henderson victory changed Jones mind about Cormier fighting a top contender. Yet the minute the rematch with Gus comes up, all of a sudden Cormier is the most deserving challenger? That doesn't make any sense.

• Upvote 1

he is still a prat.