TWW News edition 11

The thing that changed was when mike put the skill cap in place. It made primaries far more important than they used to be.

It's also extremely easy to spam a secondary or physical at any point in a fighters career if you need to up it quickly, not so much with sparring. Especially at the higher levels when it grows at a snails pace...

The thing that changed was when mike put the skill cap in place. It made primaries far more important than they used to be.

Yet you still get them all to very high levels by 24/25 without sparring them early.. Yet you limit your ability to increase your secondaries

Why spam something at an older age with a greatly reduced learning speed when you already know that by that stage you'll need 6 of your weekly training session to help stop decline..

Yet you still get them all to very high levels by 24/25 without sparring them early.. Yet you limit your ability to increase your secondaries

Why spam something at an older age with a greatly reduced learning speed when you already know that by that stage you'll need 6 of your weekly training session to help stop decline..

I have quite a few guys who dont have very good primaries at 25 and older because I didnt spar early in a career up until around 6 months ago. I'd rather have good primes and physicals when I hit the cap rather than good secondaries. If your fighter caps out around 77% and you dont have your primaries and physicals finished you are in deep shit.

All of my fighters from Bennet(167187) to Yossarian(197480) have sub-par primaries for their age and are capped out. They are really not well built fighters because I didnt believe in sparring early on in a fighters career until I re-thought my build strategies after mike put the cap in.

In a solid build, I'd like primaries over 90% and physicals over 95%. You absolutely need your primes and physicals to be very high because those attributes are used for both offense and defense on a constant basis in a fight. Secondaries allow a little more wiggle room, you can pick and choose what your fighter has and does during a fight, so I dont think its a good use of limited points to have them there in an overabundance.

I have quite a few guys who dont have very good primaries at 25 and older because I didnt spar early in a career up until around 6 months ago. I'd rather have good primes and physicals when I hit the cap rather than good secondaries. If your fighter caps out around 77% and you dont have your primaries and physicals finished you are in deep shit.

All of my fighters from Bennet(167187) to Yossarian(197480) have sub-par primaries for their age and are capped out. They are really not well built fighters because I didnt believe in sparring early on in a fighters career until I re-thought my build strategies after mike put the cap in.

In a solid build, I'd like primaries over 90% and physicals over 95%. You absolutely need your primes and physicals to be very high because those attributes are used for both offense and defense on a constant basis in a fight. Secondaries allow a little more wiggle room, you can pick and choose what your fighter has and does during a fight, so I dont think its a good use of limited points to have them there in an overabundance.

We will just have to agree to disagree JLP..

I look at the fighters of mine that have hit their caps. triple elite primes with exceptional BJJ - all elite physicals (flex at sensational++) and all the secondaries they use for the style of fighters they are at sensational or elite (I'm not talking about strikers either)

I look at my younger fighters coming through (23yo) - wonderful, sen, sen, wonderful, have used 130 sessions in total on sparring, 516 sessions on secondaries and 112 on physicals.They haven't got there cap, yet all the secondaries are exceptional and sensational (bar elbows, knees and escapes) and all sensational physicals.. Bring the boxing prime up through sparring and bang you've got a lethal fighter that hasn't sparred at all till the first few years of the best learning speeds.

Its a bad day when me and Stu are both arguing for the same cause...

I still though hate the new system and believe its retarded but that is just my opinion on it. I don't mind the cap but when 17 year olds start to depop and your fighter forgets his best skills despite you training him in them yet those Elbows and Knees you never trained once still remain at Woeful++ and still go up slighty when you spar MT which you are forced to do during the new training system then its fucking broken. I have seen Mike offer to take elbows and knees out of clinch and MT sparring but alas it is too late for the 2 years i have put into building fighters who are reaching their primes. Would i wait another 2 years for them to be correct this time? I don't think anyone would.

Never spar with 18 year olds. i train Seconds during the two years then spar/physicals for a year fight them for a little bit then take them in for some final seconds/physicals/prime training. By around 24 you have yourself a fighter who has hit the cap limit and looks a lot like Roman.

Ok here is my next question - At what point do you test them? QFC 1 or wait a bit and debut them in an ID restricted org?

I have always been poor at developing projects and the main thing is I think I test them at bad times. The people who are good at it I can see their 19-20 year old fighters go like 6-0 with all finishes and my guys are losing fights because I've put them in prematurely. On the flip side of that, sometimes I wait too long because they are a fast learner and then I have a shit can that I have over invested in.

I test within the first week, no reason to waste time if you have shitty hiddens. I'd rather pick up a loss right away and see if there is a confidence issue.

Pretty much the only thing that causes me to cut now anyway is bad confidence or slow learner.

I test within the first week, no reason to waste time if you have shitty hiddens. I'd rather pick up a loss right away and see if there is a confidence issue.

Pretty much the only thing that causes me to cut now anyway is bad confidence or slow learner.

That's interesting. What about cuts easily? All I seem to get nowadays is cuts easily lol

That's interesting. What about cuts easily? All I seem to get nowadays is cuts easily lol

I used to cut them, but lately ive been keeping them. The cuts arent so bad in themselves, but if they show up its because there isnt any other good hiddens to cover them up.