Did anyone know EVO 100 is on in a few hours????

Would depend on competition. Some mother AA fighter named Danny Downessyndrome who stood at the end of a conveyor belt producing highly hyped cans with a bat would get way less respect than someone like Hoi who fought almost nothing but top competition for his entire 53 fight career.

• Upvote 1

I'm really not sure why you're so hell bent on arguing something that's so obvious. Douglas lost when he had holes in his build. The first fight with Vandalay was a fluke, and Douglas nearly KOd him had the bell not saved him. He then destroyed him in the second fight.

A 49-46 decision is a fluke? Are you insane?

Vandalay had already gone into the injury inspired physicals death spiral when he schooled your boy. Pretending that a mini-5th round comeback while swinging for the fences means anything is kind of sad too. After Vandalay KO'ed Kane Williams rather easily, I made the hard decision to let him go. The only physicals over elite at that point were strength and cardio. No point in keeping him around. Beating him under the next manager(guy is 3-6 with Vandalay) does nothing to erase the shellacking that Douglas took at the hands of The Architect when he was under my management.

Other than injuries and int, Vandalay had very good hiddens and was easily an elite fighter at his peak. No reason for the excuse making to make yourself feel better.

IMO, Creed was the best HW of all time by a considerable margin.

• Upvote 1

A 49-46 decision is a fluke? Are you insane?

Vandalay had already gone into the injury inspired physicals death spiral when he schooled your boy. Pretending that a mini-5th round comeback while swinging for the fences means anything is kind of sad too. After Vandalay KO'ed Kane Williams rather easily, I made the hard decision to let him go. The only physicals over elite at that point were strength and cardio. No point in keeping him around. Beating him under the next manager(guy is 3-6 with Vandalay) does nothing to erase the shellacking that Douglas took at the hands of The Architect when he was under my management.

Other than injuries and int, Vandalay had very good hiddens and was easily an elite fighter at his peak. No reason for the excuse making to make yourself feel better.

IMO, Creed was the best HW of all time by a considerable margin.

I'd say I was out slidered in the first Douglas/Vandalay fight more than it was Vandalay being a better fighter. The sliders Vandalay used in the first fight were fantastic against my game plan for Douglas. The fact that Douglas lasted that entire fight taking that beating only to nearly KO Vandalay in the 5th rd should further my point of Douglas being the greatest HW of all time more than it hurts the argument.

As for Creed being the best, how did he fare against Douglas? And before you talk about Creed's decay, he's the same age as Douglas. That should be yet another reason to consider Douglas as the greatest of all time. He's 35 and doing what he does, with no injuries. He's a freak of nature.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree with tosen here. Douglas is outstanding, no doubt, and a lot higher than just top 10. when I spoke of bokhari before, that was for one fight only.

I kinda was thinking tho...who do u guys consider to be a better fighter?:

a) #1 p4p for a short to moderate time. maybe a consistent top 10-15, when not exactly on the top of the heap?

or

B) #2 or 3 p4p for a very long time? maybe a consistent top 5-8 when not exactly on the top of the heap?

That's a tough one, Bomb. I think it could go either way.

As for Creed being the best, how did he fare against Douglas? And before you talk about Creed's decay, he's the same age as Douglas. That should be yet another reason to consider Douglas as the greatest of all time. He's 35 and doing what he does, with no injuries. He's a freak of nature.

The no injuries is why he hasnt decayed. When I praised you for managing him so well at 35 earlier I didnt know that he had virtually no injuries, thus he hasnt decayed much compared to his peers. My fighters with over 300 injury days were rendered useless over night when mike put the cap in to nerf the better managers at the behest of a frothing mob of noobs (most of whom likely do not play anymore).

At his peak, Creed was fighting and beating the best HW's in the game when the HW division was far stronger than it is now. It kind of says something to me that Douglas couldnt even get a fight with him back then. Creed's Ascension run was probably the best run of fights in the history of the game when you factor in how stacked that division was at the time.

• Upvote 1

The no injuries is why he hasnt decayed. When I praised you for managing him so well at 35 earlier I didnt know that he had virtually no injuries, thus he hasnt decayed much compared to his peers. My fighters with over 300 injury days were rendered useless over night when mike put the cap in to nerf the better managers at the behest of a frothing mob of noobs (most of whom likely do not play anymore).

At his peak, Creed was fighting and beating the best HW's in the game when the HW division was far stronger than it is now. It kind of says something to me that Douglas couldnt even get a fight with him back then. Creed's Ascension run was probably the best run of fights in the history of the game when you factor in how stacked that division was at the time.

I've always been loyal, maybe to a fault, to the orgs I've signed with. Douglas and Creed were never in the same org.

Also, I'd say the HW division is as good as its ever been. Cockenshtuff, Oath, Creel, Punani, Hess, Palmer, Tires, Prime, Williams...it's a damn good roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You guys are forgetting about the great Lord Rayden's fighters. He himself was a slider genious.

Rayden was overrated and never had any fighters even worth discussing in threads like these.

Joe Louis is up there in my list of greats no doubt, i just admire Marciano a lot because he left the sport while he was still in his prime. He didn't ruin his record hunting for money, he left when he felt good and ready to leave. Its why i rate Joe Calzaghe so highly any fighter who can retire undefeated i have immense respect for. I also think fighters who have 2/3 losses on their record can also be rated as some of the best of all time depending on who they lost to and the competition they fought at the time. As i said previously though everyone has their own opinions and things they take into consideration.

Anyway back to Douglas he wasn't relevant when Creed was on top of the game. Creel was on top of the pile through-out 2013 and some of 2014 while Douglas was the other top dog but the two never met. No injuries isn't something i'd rate a guy being the top fighter neither is hiddens. Competition, record and how long at the top of the pile is what i put it down to.

As far as the question Jbomb asked, it depends on competition. Afro was top of the list for quite a while despite just crushing CBD on a bi weekly basis.