District 9

easedel

I was disappointed. But I think that's only because the movie was so highly hyped. The fact that I saw it when I was very tired in an exceptionally uncomfortable theatre probably didn't help.

i liked it, but i went in with no expectations whatsoever b/c i hadnt read any reviews. i saw the trailer a while back and thought it looked interesting so i went and enjoyed it. i give it about a 8 or so out of 10.

Best Movie in a long time imo. Didn't have a lot of parts that didn't make any sense like in many movies, except one part that bugged me throughout the whole movie. Why are 1.5 million aliens who are stronger, faster and more technologically advanced with super powerful weapons being subjugated to imprisonment. If one guy and one alien can easily bust their way through a military compound why can't 1.5 million with even more powerful weapons only they can use and a freaking mech suit break out of the camps. You have these gansters selling them catfood and treating them like shit when they can bust through 5 guys with one shot or tear someones arm off easily...

Well that was my rant...really good movie though, loved the ending.

I have no idea what it is or what it is about (no mention of it in England) but everywhere i see something about it it is people saying it is great, i would go watch it again right now, it is the best film in years etc etc

The way it ended, i'm willing to guess theres going to be another movie called District 10.

anybody agree?

The director is already working on it. In an interview a while ago he said he would love to revisit the world.\

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/08/17/district...neill-blomkamp/

http://entertainment.iafrica.com/news/1872607.htm

Best Movie in a long time imo. Didn't have a lot of parts that didn't make any sense like in many movies, except one part that bugged me throughout the whole movie. Why are 1.5 million aliens who are stronger, faster and more technologically advanced with super powerful weapons being subjugated to imprisonment. If one guy and one alien can easily bust their way through a military compound why can't 1.5 million with even more powerful weapons only they can use and a freaking mech suit break out of the camps. You have these gansters selling them catfood and treating them like shit when they can bust through 5 guys with one shot or tear someones arm off easily...

Well that was my rant...really good movie though, loved the ending.

That's kind of the point. The particular aliens that were on Earth in this movie aren't like that. They don't have the military mindset of humans. They are stronger physically, and have better weapons and technology, but fighting back wasn't in their minds, it isn't the kind of race they are. It showed a human going from evicting aliens, to having to hide, and be despised as one of them. When put in that situation human nature was for him to get weapons and fight, and when he learned he would have to wait 3 years for the aliens to come back, because they had to save their whole race, he knocked out the alien due to human nature and natural self preservation instead of thinking of the whole group. The aliens just wanted to go home, the humans kept them there because they wanted to use their weapons. As for taking us out, they were the minority on Earth, they landed here, malnourished, and were here for 30 years in the ghetto basically, if the people wanted to kill them they easily could, they were scavenging for food, and somewhere to live.

I went to see Inglorious Basterds yesterday. I was a bit dissappointed. It wasn't bad, but a very slow and long movie.

Next movie will probably be District 9. I'm also looking foward to Shutter Island, it looks good.

I loved this movie. Saw it last night. It's amazing for the brutality and suffering it showed, most big movies are to pussy to actually approach that. The ending would've more amazing to me if it happened about 20 minutes earlier when it could've been much more impactful, chips being as low as they could go. That would've been unforgetable.

That's kind of the point. The particular aliens that were on Earth in this movie aren't like that. They don't have the military mindset of humans. They are stronger physically, and have better weapons and technology, but fighting back wasn't in their minds, it isn't the kind of race they are. It showed a human going from evicting aliens, to having to hide, and be despised as one of them. When put in that situation human nature was for him to get weapons and fight, and when he learned he would have to wait 3 years for the aliens to come back, because they had to save their whole race, he knocked out the alien due to human nature and natural self preservation instead of thinking of the whole group. The aliens just wanted to go home, the humans kept them there because they wanted to use their weapons. As for taking us out, they were the minority on Earth, they landed here, malnourished, and were here for 30 years in the ghetto basically, if the people wanted to kill them they easily could, they were scavenging for food, and somewhere to live.

I understood that was the whole point they were making in the movie, but many times the aliens faught back. The whole "human nature" part was kind of silly though, all living creatures have the same natural instincts to keep their territory and to fight for self preservation. If surrounded by hostile creatures any animal would fight back, both for themselves and the group. The fact that the aliens never had fighting back in their minds kind of makes you wonder how their species even survived long enough to gain all their technology as fighting for the ability to reproduce in a safe environment is biological.

It's just a movie I know, but I love arguing about random things haha.

I heard District 9 was really good, I'm rolling a fat gar right now and going to watch Inglorious Basterds at 10:45. Yeah, the good ganja burns slow but movie really aint starting til 11 so I'll be alright. Looking forward to this! I'ma have to sneak somethin to drink in so I don't have to pay $4 for a bottle of water.

I'ma have to sneak somethin to drink in so I don't have to pay $4 for a bottle of water.

Here you have to pay $ 11 for a ticket. 5 years ago that was $ 4 and now that's also what you pay for a bottle of sprite. It's a reasonable movie, a lot of really great scenes, but also a few really boring ones.

Here you have to pay 11 $ for a ticket. 5 years ago that was 4 $, now that's also what you pay for a bottle of sprite.

$10 a ticket. I'm buyin my brothers too. Fuck it 'sneakin' drinks and watching the movie. Hope I'm not disappointed cuz I thought this could be 1 of my favorite movies of all time, it looked action packed and comical. Not what I heard though. Unfortunately I thought AVP could be too. Not the case.

$10 a ticket. I'm buyin my brothers too. Fuck it 'sneakin' drinks and watching the movie. Hope I'm not disappointed cuz I thought this could be 1 of my favorite movies of all time, it looked action packed and comical. Not what I heard though. Unfortunately I thought AVP could be too. Not the case.

I've decided I really like this movie. Was pretty much a masterpiece. Can't wait to watch it on DVD when I can burn a quarter way, half way, and three fourths of the way through it.

Apparently there is a deal for 3 of these movies. It has a good storyline and I can see how it could come together nicely with 2 more installments, but there wasn't a whole lot about the first that makes me want to see more. On a totally unrelated note, I had a couple of awesome 10 minute power naps.

Apparently there is a deal for 3 of these movies. It has a good storyline and I can see how it could come together nicely with 2 more installments, but there wasn't a whole lot about the first that makes me want to see more. On a totally unrelated note, I had a couple of awesome 10 minute power naps.

District 9 or Inglorious Basterds. I thought IB was brilliant and pretty much a masterpiece of a movie. Haven't seen D9