How Often Should Champs Be Forced To Fight?

Panic

I think that if both people act like adults, things will work out. If you need time to train, an org owner should do his best to accomodate. If the org owner is in a dire situation and needs a main event badly, be reasonable and help him out if you can. The big problem is dealing with org owners or managers who don't have the ability to act like adults.

• Upvote 1

I think that if both people act like adults, things will work out. If you need time to train, an org owner should do his best to accomodate. If the org owner is in a dire situation and needs a main event badly, be reasonable and help him out if you can. ...

This. The right kind of communication makes this game so much better.

• Upvote 1

As everyone says, it depends on a lot of different things. I tried to keep it between 2-4 weeks of a several reasons. First my own ego reasons, I, as org owner, want the champ to fight as often as possible to bring some hype to the event of course.

But if the champ has low energy or is young or something like that I would let the 2 weeks become 3-4 weeks instead.

If he's being an idiot and you want to change org come to my new org in st Petersburg but it's 247000 if restricted but everyone lets me no when they want to fight and if they want to just sit in my org and train that's fine by me I believe the same as everyone else as well 4-5 weeks to give you a chance to change your game-plan to suite the guy you will be fighting 2 weeks is no way near enough time

Yeah the org owner basically told me it's his org his rules and to not question it. My fighter has been defending his title every 2 sometimes 3 weeks. This last fight drained literally all if my fighters energy so I asked for 30 days but nope. He says too many people want title shots but all these people he's rushing me to fight have not even fought 1 fight in the org yet, 1 at the most. It's like my fighter is being pimped out for his orga hype from title fights.

Any reasonable org owner would have no problem with their champ asking for more than 2 weeks between title defenses. Maybe John Bravo of Valhalla should come in here and explain his side of this so we can get to the bottom of it. I wouldn't accept that fight and would let him strip me of the title if that is what he felt he needed to do. Dont let him take advantage of you because you are new to the game. You see what all the veterans have said about 3-5 weeks. Training a fighter while he is young makes a difference in the long run.

Yeah the org owner basically told me it's his org his rules and to not question it. My fighter has been defending his title every 2 sometimes 3 weeks. This last fight drained literally all if my fighters energy so I asked for 30 days but nope. He says too many people want title shots but all these people he's rushing me to fight have not even fought 1 fight in the org yet, 1 at the most. It's like my fighter is being pimped out for his orga hype from title fights.

I understand that it's his org but he makes no attempt to work with me even a little.

I understand my communication was quite low and delayed because of not being very active lately and I didn't mind giving you 4 weeks if you feel you need it this time but it's hard to keep other fighters active within their 30 day inactivity clause if they are higher ranked than the champion and they want title shots or to fight someone that matches their hype which happens to be you.

I have tried working with you, I may not of responded on the spot but I was being reasonable. Here are the messages between us.

Subject : Fight

I have only recovered energy up to 19% from my last fight and I'm already getting title fight offers for 16 days away. Theres no need to do this to your champs man.

Subject : Re: Fight

No probs, I can probably let him have 4 weeks off but I do need champions to stay somewhat active so 4 weeks is the maximum waiting time, just to let you know.

Congrats on your win last night and best of luck in the future! :)

Subject : Re: Re: Fight

I just fought yesterday and it zapped all my energy, there is no way I can do another title fight that close together. A champ doing a title fight once every 4 weeks is more than enough. Just because other people want title shots doesnt mean the champ has to be run ragged. If you don't want Stone as your champ then go ahead and strip the title, its not that big of a hype hit to your org to do it, I think its under 50 points. But Ive been fighting often and not everybody that wants a title shot has to have it right away at the expense of the champ. You've always said a max 30 days. This is the one time that I'm asking for it because Stone cannot defend his title with any confidence when half his time between fights is used up recovering from the last fight. I checked the forums to see how other org owners do it and what I'm asking is the norm. I understand the you want to give other fighters title shots but I cant do them all right next to each other.

My bad, I lined it up on the wrong card..

Stone has won 4 fights in a row in your org and 3 of them were title fights. He's only getting better and hes a solid addition to your org. Doing things this way is just going to run off all your good promising fighters and destory their hype.

I've set it for another card, but that's the latest I can do because it's a popular division with others waiting to fight for the title. I think it's reasonable..

Give him at least 24 days from today. Once he has his energy back I want to give him some training time to get prepared for a grappler. Thats only 5 days more than what you offered in the last one you sent.

Actually, screw sorry about all the message spam. Just send the fight request, Ill get it over with and move on.

So after that conversation, I'm thinking you're ok with it, but no response to your fight offer?

I've moved it along to the last event that I have booked which is your 4 weeks that you wanted anyway..

Too many org owners who don't know how a fight organization runs and just do what they want. I'll be more careful next time.

Actually, too many managers don't know how a fight organisation runs and they try to manipulate org owners to get what they want. You don't realize that your fighter is not even 1% of the 160 odd fighters/mangers that I have to keep happy and work around which means sometimes you're not always happy with what you get. But you don't have to come to the forums to make me look like I've treated you bad.. I've ran a few ID restricted orgs so I've dealt with many people that try to manipulate me for their own benefits which is why I'm so stern when it comes to having my own rules for my own org.. For that reason, I've also had many good "established" managers happy with how I run my org.

At least three weeks after a tough fight is reasonable. That gives one week to recover energy and two weeks to get the max training bonus. However, an org owner should be willing to listen to reasonable requests for more time, especially from young fighters.

This is what I thought.. His fighter is 21 and fighting in a suitable ID restricted org so he's not going in completely blind and I think I've been reasonable so far..

Just checked which org.... oh.... i just asked for some time to train because i got a fight on 4 days notice no pm and recently got one with 6 days notice

I'm sorry if this has happened, I spend less than 2 hours a day at best on here so my memory can be shocking because I independently run everything.. It can also be hard keeping up with all the negotiations I have going on with people so I always say, if I happen to for get (which I likely will) just send me a reminder.. I also wait until some events over before booking my next events so there are more matchups in each division and less time waiting for certain matchups to happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's as simple as declining the fight and stating your reasons. As for the org owner, he seems to be open to working it out and is not terribly demanding anything.

Your fighter looks pretty decent and with his experience he is getting at a young age has a great chance to be really good, make sure you fight him on your terms though. Everyone is trying to do their job...Bravo is looking out for his org and your job is to look out for your fighter...Good luck

I think Bravo is doing a good job running the org on his own. Now granted, I'm not a champion or anything. But I do have a fighter who fights for his org. He always gives me plenty of time to train before fights. Every time I've PM'd him about something, Bravo has been great to deal with.

I'm glad to see this work out.

• Upvote 1

Other side of the story? I was trying to keep the org owners name out of this. But I simply stated the truth. I'm being asked to fight beyond what is good for my fighter and I'm basically getting "too bad" response from the org owner. I just want a little time to regain energy and train. 25 days maybe? At the most. Especially after a fight that I lose literally all of my energy. I'm not just making anything up, I have the messages.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wasn't trying to make anyone look bad, that's why I never mentioned a name. Just wanted input on what normal rest time is for a champ and if my concern about rapid fight offers. Asking for 25-30 days isn't too much to ask, and you've just told me to basically keep my mouth shut because it's your org. And you left out some messages.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And you wouldn't even give him the 24 days I requested, that's pretty ridiculous. There has to be this big deal over a fighter wanting a little time between fights. You forgot to post the messages where you tell me it's your org and you tell me how it's going to be.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just by going what i see here, it looks like a bit of a miscommunication that got out of hand...

As an ex org owner i understand that it is difficult to make 100+ fighters happy 100% of the time. It's downright impossible!!

Anyways, i have a fighter with this org and hadn't had a fight for a while. I messaged Bravo and he promptly set up a fight for me with one of the 4 guys i suggested.

After i accepted the fight i realized that TWGC signups are on tomorrow and i messaged him to pull the fight, which he promptly did so i could sign up.

He did mention in his PM's to me to send him reminders when TWGC is over or when my guy is ready to fight.

I was not the perfect org owner, and with so many PM's from fighters in my org i sometimes forgot what people requested or sometimes i would set fights too far ahead/too soon or even sometimes set rematches accidentally when scouting or reshuffling cards.

Anyway, it's a shame that Latham is unhappy with the org at the minute. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

• Upvote 1

I see... two people who can sort it out on their bloody own.

If you want to fight, fight, if you don't want to, don't. If he wants to keep you he will, if he doesn't he won't.

Pretty simple.

• Upvote 3

Don't ask questions on the forum or Bravo will strip your title lol. This org has been a nightmare since I started. Say anything at all and Bravo and his buddies will gang up on you trying to get you to shut up. Power tripping over a computer game. I asked about some rest time and people are actually talking like I was in the wrong. Crazy. Since you stripped my title bravo why not cut the contract as well?

• Upvote 1

It's not always easy to figure out who is right or wrong. One thing is for sure though, holding a managers fighter hostage is a douche move. I am sure Bravo wouldn't do something like that. Sounds like he should let Latham's fighter go and they can both be done with it. Latham's posts show that he only came in here asking for advice. I am the one who figured out who was the org owner and posted his name. I did it so this bullshit could get sorted and they could both move on. So move on boys. Cut his fighter Bravo, so he can go train the guy. You stated yourself you got a lot of guys more hyped who want the title.

Stone was the 3rd most hyped fighter in the weight class and just because has less fights than the guys above him, not really less skilled, and undefeated, it doesn't make sense to strip him for asking a question. But I can deal with that. But stripping him then keeping him locked in a contract kind of sucks.

Why? Champs fight or they aren't champs. Everyone else can dick around as much as they want.

Your boy is now free to train as long as he likes and accept fights as he chooses without any 'but hes the champ' crap involved. Sounds like a win-win for both of you.

The next step is, once you've finished your contract (and the more frequently you fight the faster that will be!) is to sign with a different org :)