JLP

if it were me, I wouldnt take Marriota until the 3rd or 4th round. He's never played in a pro-style offense, the bust potential is pretty high when you ask him to start making full field NFL reads.

I wouldnt take Winston in the first round because the off-field issues.

That being said, both guys will go in the top ten because its the most important position in pro sports.

What about the UCLA QB?

Brett Hundley is in the mould of Blake Bortles from last year. He has all the physical tools but is incredibly raw and struggles with calling the correct protections. These are all things that can be corrected but if he is going to be your first year guy then you're probably resigning yourself to a 4-12 season.

Brett Hundley is in the mould of Blake Bortles from last year. He has all the physical tools but is incredibly raw and struggles with calling the correct protections. These are all things that can be corrected but if he is going to be your first year guy then you're probably resigning yourself to a 4-12 season.

A 4-12 season would be an improvement from this season for my team.

I would have thought you would have been a better than 4-12 team had Lovie not pressed the auto destruction button.

He pushed the auto destruction button when he decided to start McCown again.

if it were me, I wouldnt take Marriota until the 3rd or 4th round. He's never played in a pro-style offense, the bust potential is pretty high when you ask him to start making full field NFL reads.

I wouldnt take Winston in the first round because the off-field issues.

That being said, both guys will go in the top ten because its the most important position in pro sports.

Marriota reminds me a bit of Kaepernick, but with better throwing mechanics. One thing I noticed was him constantly looking to the sideline for the plays which could be a huge problem. He should know what plays to call in certain situations or at least a hand full of plays.

Winston actually impressed me when I was watching him. He looks really good throwing in the pocket and isn't afraid to take a hit (minus whatever that fumble was). The ball comes out of his hand really smooth. He doesn't stare down one receivers and looks for the check downs.

What about the UCLA QB?

Hundley and UCLA regressed a lot this season. The holes in his game were exposed a lot this season and he really needs to consider staying in school for one more year.

So Jack Del Rio goes to Oakland and John Fox signs with Chicago. I like both moves, but I think I like Del Rio to the Raiders a little more. Del Rio has always been a solid coach, but coaching Jacksonville during a time when they didn't want to spend money made things difficult. Now in Oakland with a front office that doesn't hesitate spending a ton of cash, it could mean big things in Oakland.

Another thing I saw recently was the NFL is setting up a combine for free agents a few weeks after the draft combine. I love the idea and i'm a little surprised they didnt think of it earlier.

As a Falcons fan I am glad we are almost certain to get the best coaching candidate (that fits us as least) in Quinn. He whips that defense into shape and you can annually put two more losses on the board every year for the Bucs. They couldn't even touch the 32 ranked defense.

As a Falcons fan I am glad we are almost certain to get the best coaching candidate (that fits us as least) in Quinn. He whips that defense into shape and you can annually put two more losses on the board every year for the Bucs. They couldn't even touch the 32 ranked defense.

That worked great for the Jags with Bradley.

The 'Hawks don't play complex D. The drafting makes that team tick.

Our defense is too horrible to play complex d. That's why Nolan ran outta tricks and ended up with the worst defense in the NFL. It needs to be rebuilt and I trust Quinn can spot talent on defense.

I'm not sure how about Fox. I see some success but nothing that would suggest that he can turn a team around or deal with a quarterback like Cutler.

Del Rio has his first real opportunity. It was a hiding to nothing in Jacksonville. We will see how well he does in the upcoming months.

If "some success" is getting two different teams(one with Jake Delhomme as the qb) to the Super Bowl I'll take that anyday. The main problems in Chicago this year were age/injuries, horrible coaching and locker room issues. Fox will take care of two of three of those problems right away. The Bears quit on Trestman pretty early in the season, most of the malcontents will be gone. Briggs for sure and Marshall most likely.

I'm hoping they use the 7th pick on a OL or DL. Build the trenches.

Our defense is too horrible to play complex d. That's why Nolan ran outta tricks and ended up with the worst defense in the NFL. It needs to be rebuilt and I trust Quinn can spot talent on defense.

That depends if he has a say. Some do. Some don't.

If "some success" is getting two different teams(one with Jake Delhomme as the qb) to the Super Bowl I'll take that anyday. The main problems in Chicago this year were age/injuries, horrible coaching and locker room issues. Fox will take care of two of three of those problems right away. The Bears quit on Trestman pretty early in the season, most of the malcontents will be gone. Briggs for sure and Marshall most likely.

I'm hoping they use the 7th pick on a OL or DL. Build the trenches.

Fox had one good season in Carolina followed by a lot of dross. Then had Peyton Manning and John Elway mortgaging the future.

Its been 13 years since the bucs mattered man

True.

Fox inherited a 2-14 Carolina team and took it to the super bowl two years later with Delhomme as a qb.

He took over a 4-12 Denver team and took it to the AFC divisionals the next year with Tim Tebow.

119-89 as a head NFL coach (8-7 in the playoffs) which includes a year when Carolina let all of its talent go and gave him a rookie Clausen as a starting qb. Fox is a good NFL head coach. Very experienced and always puts together a top-notch staff around him. As a bears fan, I couldnt be happier with how the offseason has gone so far.

Its been 13 years since the bucs mattered man

They've been my team since I was old enough to know football, so they've always mattered to me.