St. Louis

I, unlike some other of the English contingent here totally agree with the riots, its all well and good saying attack the police stations but that where the police are best defended and you can do the least damage. The argument that your destroying innocent peoples stores is stupid for me, they will have insurance to cover their losses. Seeing a riot and knowing what its for is such a powerful image and makes people take notice whether you agree or disagree you still take notice. Storming a police station would result in a bloodbath which will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. The revolution is coming folks the common man will not be surpressed forever.

would you agree if it was your business you had built up got ruined by some idiot

It is possible that the pent up aggression and frustration is let out at what is seen as the system, whether it's a government building, mom and pop corner store, or a McDonald's joint. It isn't unusual to have owners of businesses live waaaaay outside of impoverished communities, and when those who are abused on daily basis for too long have had enough- anything goes.

I, unlike some other of the English contingent here totally agree with the riots, its all well and good saying attack the police stations but that where the police are best defended and you can do the least damage. The argument that your destroying innocent peoples stores is stupid for me, they will have insurance to cover their losses. Seeing a riot and knowing what its for is such a powerful image and makes people take notice whether you agree or disagree you still take notice. Storming a police station would result in a bloodbath which will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. The revolution is coming folks the common man will not be surpressed forever.

I once got punched by a police officer, does that mean I can go ahead and burn all your possession?

• Downvote 2

I once got punched by a police officer, does that mean I can go ahead and burn all your possession?

Wow no offence but that is the worst comparison ever. This isn't just one person getting a bit hurt, this is life and death. One rule for the police and another for us. It's a war of attrition. How many riots throughout history have been started without a trigger? None, its the only weapon people have against the regime which keeps the,m living in fear. This is a war of attrition which has bubbled under the surface for years. If the police never committed these crimes there would be no riot, so why not blame the police rather than Tue rioters. Riots are just public outrage manifesting itself in an ugly way I agree, but whats the other option?

everytime these kind of things happen you have people that want to deflect the conversation and focus on the looting and rioting instead of what caused the situation in the first place. everyone by now should know that in these large protests you have opportunist who dont care about the cause and you also have agent provocateurs sent in by the authorities to stir up trouble and help shift the focus. the ppl who try to hijack the conversation are disingenuous at best and they would rather blame the victims than focus on the main problem which is another unarmed black youth shot multiple times with his hands up for no reason. folks dont get dirty by engaging in the frivolous conversation about looting and riots because without the murder and attempted cover up and hiding the murderer there wouldnt be any riots.

• Upvote 1

would you agree if it was your business you had built up got ruined by some idiot

Would you agree if it was your brother/father/loved one murdered for nothing?

That's the problem, we focus on stores nshit that are insured by a company who probably have already started repairing the damages while Mike Brown is dead.

All you parents,siblings and relatives reading,imagine your son,daughter,mother,father or relative with their hands up and back facing the officer in full submission and he fires off 7 shots and now you're going to a closed casket funeral...

Still thinking bout that bullshit ass Nike shop?

• Upvote 1

The biggest one we had near me if when George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin.

Groove,even looking him in the eye or whatever method you want to choose,he was shot before the cop even got out of the car and then supposedly he was shot 7 times.... Two facts are,his hands were up... He was unarmed and he died from multiple gunshot wounds. The boy who was with him explained it that way. I was going from what the eyewitness said. Thats an EXECUTION no matter how you slice it. I'm not trying to do a disservice,my point is,Fuck a store and their broken windows nshit

Someone lived 18 years and now he died a brutal death in which he didn't have a chance

• Upvote 2

Who gives a fuck about a store? The real issue here is what?

Here is a scenario: a child gets abused at home repeatedly and as a result skips school, misbehaves, etc. Sure it isn't good for him, but he might not be in the best state of mind. Do we concentrate on the child swearing, or do we pay attention to the beatings that go on at home?

• Upvote 2

St. Louis is a symptom of a huge problem that cycles, and I don't know if there is a legitimate solution that will resolve generations of systematic oppression. At least in our lifetyme. And fuck what Obama said about healing. It's not time to heal, if anything, it's time to take a hard look at what's going on.

Yo, in the land of the unseen hand that holds trouble

Theorize your game, it's difficult to roll a double

The struggle ain't right up in ya face, it's more subtle

But it's still coming across like the bridge and tunnel vision

I try to school these bucks, but they don't wanna listen

That's the reason the system making this paper from the prison

And that's the reason we living where they don't wanna visit

Where the dope slangin' keep swangin' like Sonny Liston

The money missing and there's mouths to feed

Get the brain kicking, thinking of a thousand things

Remember back in the days, when the kitchen had eggs

And pancakes, chicken and greens and Kool Aid?

When the refrigerator naked and the cupboard is bare

People got to strip naked, stick 'em up in the air

Was it lies when they told you wasn't nothing to fear?

Something don't feel right out here

I know of the situation, but haven't been watching the news. Is there video of him complying. I heard on the radio this morning that they are saying he punched the officer in the face and was trying to pull the officers gun from him. I'm not saying either report is accurate, I'd just like to see dash cam footage before I make any real comments.

People went crazy in England a few years ago, looting in several cities, burning random buildings down. Crazy behaviour. What's a shoe shop gotta do with a police officer shooting someone? People use any excuse to grab some free shit, bunch of assholes.

I was driving about the UK in my RV at the time, I remember trying to stick to Wales and then make a break up to Scotland to avoid the English cities.

Stay safe CaCold!

I was involved in this, got caught in town during the riots in Manchester and a police officer punched me as I was simply attempting to get home

He tried to hit me again so I kicked him a few times and left, then I vandalised some shit and went home , don't condone what I did but it was unjust

Stay safe bro

Southpaw, it was many eyewitnesses, i doubt they will release dash cam footage... Also, his friend was with him and they claimed he was doing the same thing as Brown,yet they did not arrest him and refuse to talk to him to research further what happened. Cnn and other entities have talked to him because he was an eyewitness,the police department admitted he was an eyewitness but refuse to talk to him, why?

Lastly the autopsy proved he was shot from 35ft away in his back at least once,so either they give cops long guns or he had a 70ft wingspan. These people arent risking their lives rioting in tear gas over someone who commited a crime, he was a victim

Multiple gunshot wounds: this is just like the war machine situation, if you claim self defense, how much excessive force do you need to use to stop someone far less equipped to harm you?

• Upvote 2

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/27/27045/original/700.hq.jpg?1945

With riots raging in Ferguson, MO following the shooting death by police of an unarmed African-American youth, the nation has turned its eyes toward social injustice and the continuing crisis of race relations. Here are The Onion’s tips for being an unarmed black teen in America:

• Shy away from dangerous, heavily policed areas.
  • Avoid swaggering or any other confident behavior that suggests you are not completely subjugated.
  • Be sure not to pick up any object that could be perceived by a police officer as a firearm, such as a cell phone, a food item, or nothing.
  • Explain in clear and logical terms that you do not enjoy being shot, and would prefer that it not happen.
  • Don’t let society stereotype you as a petty criminal. Remember that you can be seen as so much more, from an armed robbery suspect, to a rape suspect, to a murder suspect.
  • Try to see it from a police officer’s point of view: You may be unarmed, but you’re also black.
  • Avoid wearing clothing associated with the gang lifestyle, such as shirts and pants.
  • Revel in the fact that by simply existing, you exert a threatening presence over the nation’s police force.
  • Be as polite and straightforward as possible when police officers are kicking the shit out of you.
  • Upvote 2