Island Season 3 - General Discussion Thread

MMATycoon

I think Scooby meant even if he held a KT tourney in his org (if there was no official end of season KT tourney), the top KT fighters would still enter the official end of season tourney and face regular MMA fighters which would probably end in a loss if they are pure KT build.

If a KT fighter never fights a MMA fight then his MMA ranking and hype will never go up, only his KT rank and hype as well as overall popularity go up so most likely all of the KT fighters would be ranked way way too low in the Island MMA p4p rankings to be entered into the end of the season tournaments

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/13/13w6.jpg

Rocco "RJ" Newton

Rocco was drawn into the world of fighting in the hopes of achieving fame like his cousin Christopher. Having had no success in athletics in his life, he hopes to have some genetic luck and be talented at fighting. His goal in life is to be famous, and he believes the gateway to that is MMA.

First fight: QFC bout with Kacper Tak on September the 3rd.

• Upvote 2

If a KT fighter never fights a MMA fight then his MMA ranking and hype will never go up, only his KT rank and hype as well as overall popularity go up so most likely all of the KT fighters would be ranked way way too low in the Island MMA p4p rankings to be entered into the end of the season tournaments

Ah didnt think about that but dont worry, mike said if theres enough interest he would run a tourney

Ladies and gentlemen, hide your daughters and/or pringles cans and rubber gloves because I am proud to introduce, for Season 3 of The Island:

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34w6.jpg

Randy "Pan" Goatboy

As always, Goatboy is here to please you.

Like the pleasant rocking of public transport against your slightly too tight pants, like the flash of a naked body in the apartment across the way's window, like finding out via popup that there are horny ugly chicks AND grandmothers in your local area: Goatboy is here to exhilirate, titilate and eviscerate, not necessarily in that order.

So grab your sacks, touch your toes and cough in jubilation and violation because it's "Pan" time across this small Island nation!

• Upvote 1

My first try at the Island. Anyone have any advice for someone relatively new at the island?

Like golf, play it as it lies.

It's a 6 month real time competition and it is completely self contained. My personal recommendation is to go with a 25 year old so get the maximum points for these 6 months and focus on some key strengths. No one has time to build a beautifully rounded fighter so everyone will have weaknesses and strengths, stick to yours.

It is also worth spending a couple of weeks training on the cheap to get some money and also to allow some competition/product to emerge in the gyms and nutrition shops. It's all about the end of season champion's league tournament so build up for that and play to your strengths.

• Upvote 2

Like golf, play it as it lies.

It's a 6 month real time competition and it is completely self contained. My personal recommendation is to go with a 25 year old so get the maximum points for these 6 months and focus on some key strengths. No one has time to build a beautifully rounded fighter so everyone will have weaknesses and strengths, stick to yours.

It is also worth spending a couple of weeks training on the cheap to get some money and also to allow some competition/product to emerge in the gyms and nutrition shops. It's all about the end of season champion's league tournament so build up for that and play to your strengths.

Well thank you.

• Upvote 1

Little is known about Sam "The Celtic Kid" at this time but rumour has it his management will be providing an official press release soon. Get this kid signed up if you wanna have the greatest fighter in the history of The Island.

PS - how do I do The Island?

Odd - I have a QFC fight booked tomorrow for someone with a new (as of yesterday) free account, and only four island fighters, all aged 25.

Coincidence, or tomfoolery? Hopefully the former.

Also I thought it strange that they have a historic record of 1-1, but no fighters previously. Glitch?

Anyhow, not looking to start anything this early, but I remember there were some shenanigans last season with multi-accounting, especially in a certain org. Hoping this isn't a sign of that - maybe I'm overthinking it though.

Island Fighter Journal

Rocco "RJ" Newton

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/13/13w6.jpg

Rocco bought his ticket to the Island on the hopes of gaining fame and fortune. Seeing as he is a first cousin to Christopher Newton, he was offered managerial services of famed manager Low Key. However, seeing as Low Key manages out of Montreal, he was told to get in touch with Low Key's Island representatives, who immediately worked on getting Rocco his first fight. After short-lived negotiations, the representatives were able to match Rocco with Kacper Tak, a debuting fighter from Panama. Rocco did a bit of training with Christopher prior to his arrival to the Island, and believed that the training would be sufficient for his first fight.

Link to the fight

Rocco was extremely confident going into the fight, and the confidence showed off as he decisively beat, but did not finish, the game Tak.

Highlights of last fight

Newton scores with a hook to the body.

Newton lands a right uppercut that snaps the head of Tak backwards.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/clinch2.gif

Tak takes the fight into the clinch.
Newton lands a short shot on the inside that snaps the head of Tak backwards.
Newton tries a body shot but Tak blocks it.
A nice left hand lands by Newton.
Newton scores with a shoulder strike.
Newton gets through Tak's defenses to land a nice punch to the side of the head.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/clinch.gif

Newton moves into the clinch.
Newton tries to work over Tak's body with a swooping hook but it only glances the target.
Newton softening up his opponent with strikes, against the cage.
A short left from Newton.
Tak has had enough of the clinch but Newton keeps him there for the moment.
Tak can't break the clinch.
An uppercut on the inside fails to land for Newton.
A short right from Newton on the inside.
Newton lands with a light punch inside.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.

Judge Sandra Marshall scores the fight 30:27
Judge Daniel Franklin scores the fight 30:27
Judge Michael Johnstone scores the fight 30:27

In favor of your winner, by unanimous decision... Rocco Newton!

Last 5 fights:
vs. Kacper Tak W (unanimous decision)

Next fight:
TBA

Manager's remarks

Manager Low Key was pleased with the performance and result of Newton. He was able to confirm that the fight organisation Chaos had approached Rocco to sign him for their 155lbs division. Rocco is currently still a free agent and we will be looking to sign him up whenever possible.

• Upvote 1