Original Fighter Names v Famous/Historical regens

MON85

Hello all,

Bringing this to forum to settle an argument, do you prefer fighters with original names like for example, my own -

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=98984

or, are you in favour of names like 'William Wallace', or 'Ivan Drago' etc...

My argument is that all fighters should have original names, but there is no harm in changing the nicknames to whatever you want in the spirit of character freedom etc. I used to run and org in my first stint in game and would only ever sign fighters with original names to bring a further aspect of realism.

Just looking general views to settle a long running argument with a real life and in game friend.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Well, my first fighters were created names, and some of my newer fighters are twists on real fighter names. Your link just takes me to my fighter page.

well names such as drago etc are fun, but for example when your naming your fighters after mythical warriors and heroes i think its much better esp if that fighter turns out to be a beast, like having a 12-0 fighter called john smith dosnt have same ring as a 12-0 fighter called Alexander The Great.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2q3q48x.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/clothingpublic.php?cid=4269

Anonymous Clothing Store

I tried to make actual fighters, although less known fighters (Tom Duquesnoy [ps fighting tonight on BAMMA], Mansour Barnoaui [Or something], Chi Lewis Parry, Liam McGeary [fought last night I dont know the result yet] and Chi Lewis Parry).

I got bored of it though. MVP lost on his first fight and I hated doing worse than he does irl. So I made my own fighters. This allows me to sort of give them my own storyline, which I'll be happy with win lose or draw.

Btw, your link isn't fixed. It happened to me too. You posted the new link, but it is still hyperlinked to the previous link.

Well I would assume you would know my answer because you used my profile and fighters names as an example. I prefer to use historical names, simply because I enjoy history, especially historical warriors. Although a few of my fighters are based on fictional characters, Joey Joe Joe Jr, Fred Sanford etc. Many of these other names you would not have a clue who they are. So if you were that interested in where these names came from, you would google them and attempt to look into them and hopefully read about their historical deeds and legendary battles. Thus I pay my respects to the great warriors in history that I find most interesting and have given others information that makes them aware that these men actually did exist and what their accomplishments were and keeping their memory alive.

• Upvote 1

I dont really care as long as people dont call their fighters real fighternames like Chuck Liddel or Wanderlei Silva.

My roster is a mix. of mostly Will Ferrel caracters and historical warriors.

Well I would assume you would know my answer because you used my profile and fighters names as an example. I prefer to use historical names, simply because I enjoy history, especially historical warriors. Although a few of my fighters are based on fictional characters, Joey Joe Joe Jr, Fred Sanford etc. Many of these other names you would not have a clue who they are. So if you were that interested in where these names came from, you would google them and attempt to look into them and hopefully read about their historical deeds and legendary battles. Thus I pay my respects to the great warriors in history that I find most interesting and have given others information that makes them aware that these men actually did exist and what their accomplishments were and keeping their memory alive.

He didnt use you as an example, the link somehow send all of us to our own fighter list.
  • Upvote 1

Original names for this guy, I usually use a random name generator to get my fighters with the odd slip in of a friends name.

John Hoop - friends last name is Hooper

Barry Kearney - other friends first name is Barry.

Things like that, so I have a friend of mine that I think of while I'm training them and it makes me what to do well with them.

I dont really care as long as people dont call their fighters real fighternames like Chuck Liddel or Wanderlei Silva.

My roster is a mix. of mostly Will Ferrel caracters and historical warriors.

He didnt use you as an example, the link somehow send all of us to our own fighter list.

Well if it sent everyone to their own fighter lists, that was pretty cool :)

At one point I was using the Name Generator in Tycoon Tools. Now that it's not working (fix that shit Widing!) I tend to look in my list of sacked fighters and re-use names of retired fighters since I have no creativity and can't come up with anything of my own haha

If you're on a computer just Google "Random Name generator"

I use this one since you can tick off the box so his name will be from a particular category: http://www.behindthename.com/random/ I haven't tried this on a phone so I'm not sure if it'll work.

Also because it's the first one on Google...

I love using original names even though they're very normal such as...

Louis Lake, George Palmer, Santiago Palmer........

Sometimes I will use some famous name but not the full name such as...

Leonard Elguapo (Bas) , Chael Prayer (Chael Sonnen).........

I don't like making names like Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, Wanderlei Silva or Jon Jones because I had faced a Matt Hughes and a Wanderlei Silva before......too mainstream.