Highland Games - Official Thread

clydebankblitz

by the way WHERE you update them?

Front page, in the spoiler tags.

Massimo Benvenuti with a huge win over a former light heavyweight champion in the first round. Good start to earning that title back. Good to see Grant Morrison back on winning ways. Would have been weird to see the first majorly hyped guy to join the org dropping down to the undercard.

What a fight between Juralev and Patrick. Kellen seemed to bet edging the exchanges but it was close. It was just the first round and Juralev's cut was so bad I doubted it'd make it into the second, then BOOM, Alexey landed a huge shot and yet another knockout victory.

The last two events will be added to the rankings in about an hour.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hpkv4o.jpg

quote from Bhola Djin Djin: "I've been training hard in the gyms here on this island, I am ready to fight for the lightweight title. I can't be stopped. Except by management refusing to give me my chance. I am the unrecognised champion of this division. Once that belt is mine I will never lose it. And I will fight every week if there are willing challengers."

The crowd waits patiently....the media are beginning to get restless....the question is being passed between everyone, but nobody has an answer...

Where is Nelson Frazier Jr.?

After winning his latest fight against Ali Mouba, the media were waiting to barrage Big Daddy V with questions, but he never showed up...

Everyone went home without the answers they wanted....

2 hours later, an emergency press conference is called, the room is again filled with media and fans, but this time, a look of confusion is sprawled across all of their faces

Highland Games chief Callum McGregor is sat down, and he introduces manager Grant Brophy, before leaving the room to attend to other business.

GBK: Ladies and gentleman, I would like to apologise for the mishap earlier regarding the no show at the post fight press conference. My client had finished his contract with Highland Games, and felt it was best to go straight back to the gym to prepare for the next stage of his career. However, in the last hour, we have received a new contract from Highland Games which we were only too happy to sign on the spot. So, without further ado, I would like to introduce Nelson Frazier Jr!

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14018025829920.png

Nelson Frazier Jr

6-2-0, #32 P4P on The Island

*Nelson Frazier Jr enters the room, smiles and acknowledges the media before settling down into his seat*

NFJ: I would just like to personally apologise for events earlier, but I am happy to be here now, and I am open to any questions

R: A fantastic performance from you Nelson, picking up another big KO win, especially after you were put into an uncomfortable position after being taken down. What are your thoughts on the fight?

NFJ: I knew he was going to be relying on taking the fight to the ground in order to have a chance in this fight. He shot in for a takedown early which I managed to telegraph pretty well. I have been working on some new techniques with my punching, and I felt that using my height advantage, working some uppercuts would help me out here. I managed to knock him down with one, but he got back up and managed to take me down from there. I managed to avoid the majority of the strikes on the ground, so it was all about maintaining position until it got stood back up. Like you saw then, I worked another uppercut and it landed flush.

R: You were coming into this fight on the back of two pretty grueling defeats which have set you back a bit. What were your thoughts from those defeats?

NFJ: I'm not gonna lie here, losing to Barney Gumble was devastating. Up until that point, I had destroyed everyone put in front of me...I felt invincible. That fight was a humbling experience, and it made me learn that I have some work to do. The fight against Richard Riddick came down to my game plan. I didn't work the head enough, and it made me pay. Who knows, if I got a rematch, I feel like it could be a different outcome.

R: Having just resigned with Highland Games, you currently sit at #8 in the HW rankings in the org, who are you looking at in the org for your next matchup?

NFJ: Anyone above me in the rankings is a potential opponent. Lazaro, Barrett, Juravlev, Alexeyev, Riddick and Offley are all standing between me and another title shot. If I had to choose one, I would say Offley. He would be the biggest statement to beat in my opinion, and if I am not offered him, I would love a rematch with Riddick.

GBK: Thank you everyone, unfortunately that is all we have time for. As always, a pleasure to speak to you.

• Upvote 3

Aroni Vs Struja was in my mind for a while but Aroni's injury kept him out of action for a long time. Fight offer has been sent.

Great to have Nelson back in. Contracts slipped me for a second there due to the Christmas madness :D.

I've put a halt on recruiting for the time being.. At 4 events a week I want everyone to be able to get a fight once a week in possible. I've cut quite a few people already and that will continue as the events roll out.

Fight offers have started being sent out for next weeks cards. I'll try and have a good few in advance so everyone has their fight booked, even if it's a little bit away, so they can feel like their fighter isn't being overlooked.

Now that I'm back on, any questions or requests, throw them at me. I missed a lot over the break that I couldnt get to.

It's still rare enough that anyone's had one fight per month. I missed all of November and half of December though and Harriet Marshall filled in so I suppose that could have been a factor, but I was actually really struggling to get fights when I went 2 weeks straight with an event every day so unless you were inactive, must have just slipped through the cracks. I apologize if that's the case. In having a large roster, I want to keep having guys build their careers as quickly as possible. With every passing fight, you have the opportunity to help build the career of a fighter. I will honestly be insanely excited about the prospect of the end of season tournament. Highland Games is going to smash it!

Dominance came to take that title. Serge Ibaka has never been in that much trouble in his previous 9 fights but overcame once again. Grant Morisson put a halt to the title aspirations of Jonah Sorentino to prove he's still got it. Former LHW champ Rodrigo Rojas submitted a fastly falling Massimo Paterno in the last seconds. Dan Small earning a title shot against Ibaka but easily dispatching Ne Hi. Hideki Hideo outlasting Short Fuse to earn a shot at Don Killuminati's belt. Saladin Hussain back on winning ways with a rapid submission of a tough guy. Quar Fang's surprising career turn around continuing.

An awesome event all round guys. Really enjoyed this one. A lot of guys came to fight here and put on a show. Can't wait to see how some of them continue their momentum.

The previews and reviews will start from next week's card onwards. Tomorrow night, Barney Gumble defends once again against Richard Riddick.

• Upvote 1

So, Rodrigo Rojas just proved himself once again with a come from behind last minute victory over a top contender. Who's next?

http://i67.fastpic.ru/big/2014/1217/47/2798efb50ff83e0ad257843592f6fe47.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140926172750titlebelt.png

LHW

Good for you.

It was smart decision by you to run away from my division

You are too weak and will be crushed like a bug there

• Upvote 1

http://i67.fastpic.ru/big/2014/1217/47/2798efb50ff83e0ad257843592f6fe47.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140926172750titlebelt.png

LHW

Good for you.

It was smart decision by you to run away from my division

You are too weak and will be crushed like a bug there

I wasnt running. Just dropped back to my natural division. Even in a significant size disadvantage I managed to win the title so shut up.

• Upvote 1