Highland Games - Official Thread

clydebankblitz

HIGHLAND GAMES 7 REVIEW

Rock Sampson (0-4) Vs Barol Kedorf (0-2) – Heavyweight

Kedorf was way too focused on combinations and it nearly cost it. Simpson couldn’t put anything together though and was edged out in a close decision.

Barol Kedorf Wins by Unanimous Decision.

Antonio The Sparta (0-2) Vs Sky Boy (0-1) – Heavyweight

Sky Boy’s accuracy left much to be desired, but as active off his back. Sparta landed more strikes and controlled the grapping to get a split decision win.

Antonio The Sparta Wins by Split Decision.

JJ Junior (0-1) Vs Scott Mcginty (0-1) – Light Heavyweight

Junior struggled to get a takedown and was destroyed by Mcginty on the feet.

Scott Mcginty Wins by KO (Punch) at 1:08 of Round 1.

Jake Ibarra (0-1) Vs James Figg (0-1) – Middleweight

Figg’s grappling was good, but Ibarra landed a lot of ground and pound shots which wore him down over the 3 rounds.

Jake Ibarra Wins by Unanimous Decision.

Murillo Calvacante (0-0) Vs Jason Barrett (0-0) – Heavyweight

Barrett proved himself to be a big hitter in the division, dropping Calvacante with his first shot and finishing him early with dirty boxing.

Jason Barrett Wins by TKO (Punches) at 1:58 of Round 1.

Mateusz Puszke (0-1) Vs Mark Pelosio (0-1) – Heavyweight

Puszke secured the clinch almost instantly in every round and battered Pelosio from bell to bell. Mateusz, a native of Katowice, Poland, completely shut down his opponent’s game and imposed his strategy to perfection. We still don’t know what Pelosio is capable of because he landed just one strike, a body punch, throughout the entire duration of this fight.

It’s expected that Mateusz Puszke will fight Pedro Lazaro at Highland Games 15, if he accepts the challenge.

Mateusz Puszke Wins by Unanimous Decision.

Trunk Slamchest (1-1) Vs Pedro Lazaro (1-1) – Heavyweight

Trunk Slamchest was completely outgrappled in his last fight against Chikere Morce. He had nothing to prevent it, and with Lazaro being a clinch fighter, it was expected that this would be much the same.

Lazaro did not disappoint. In a fight which almost mirrored the one which came before it, Pedro closed the distance whenever he wanted the clinch, and he worked into it well by utilizing his boxing skills. Once in the clinch, he used his powerful punches to break Slamchest down over 15 minutes on route to a unanimous decision victory.

Following his victory, Lazaro called out Mateusz Puszke. I think Lazaro wants to prove that he’s the best clinch fighter at 265 in Highland Games, but you know that down the line Barney Gumble will have something to say about that. If Puszke accepts, expect it to be a highly competitive fight at close range with both fighters battling for position to outpoint each other.

Pedro Lazaro Wins by Unanimous Decision.

Raul Targaryen (2-0) Vs Irchie Kast (1-1) – Middleweight

Despite Targaryen being an undefeated fighter, I doubted his abilities coming into this one. He weighed a little too much on his combinations and didn’t have the power to really scare opponents.

In the fight, Raul Targaryen threw a lot of punches but had little to no success. He was throwing wild, perhaps trying to prove that he actually had power and that the doubters were wrong. This was disastrous though as it left him opened to getting tagged by the pinpoint accuracy of Irchie Kast, getting stopped early in the first round.

Irchie Kast Wins by TKO (Strikes) at 2:29 of Round 1.

Eddie Kilpatrick (2-3) Vs Alexey Juralev (1-1) – Heavyweight

Eddie Kilpatrick has probably had the hardest line up of opponents of anyone in Highland Games. He’s faced top contender Jason Newstead, whom he upset at Highland Games 1. He then faced future champion Barney Gumble in his last fight, and in this one he was taking on a proven heavy handed striker.

Unfortunately for the Irishman, it didn’t go his way again. Alexey Juralev looked like an absolute beast in this fight. He came in calm and composed, and just 13 seconds in he landed a gigantic counter uppercut which knocked Kilpatrick clean out.

Alexey Juralev will be looking to move on towards the top of the division, with his only professional loss coming to inaugural title challenger Christian Long.

Kilpatrick has the wind knocked out of him here. He’ll be looking to come back strong in a very winnable fight, and if he can do that, he secures his position towards the top of the division. You have to think that the most important thing for Eddie will be evening up his professional record now.

Alexey Juralev Wins by TKO (Strikes) at 0:13 of Round 1.

Mib Louie (3-0) Vs Chiyono Fuji (2-0) – Heavyweight

I was very excited about this fight. Both of these guys have seen nothing but domination and destruction in their professional careers. Both have won Knockout of the Night in Highland Games, Louie for a headkick knockout in his debut and Fuji for his 5 second destructive victory at Highland Games 1.

In this fight, Louie absolutely annihilated Chiyono Fuji. Fuji got cut early in the fight and it was deep from the start. After the first minute in the fight, Fuji was sent to the canvas three times. If this was a boxing match, he’d probably have been TKOed then and there. Louie kept letting the Japanese striker back to his feet, but was right back in there to cause more damage. After the third knockdown, Fuji could barely stand and was all over the place. Blood was running out of his eye like a tap and it prompted the referee to call in the doctor. The official checked the cut and called the fight, prompting the commentators to wonder if the fight was stopped solely due to the cut or due to the overall damage which Louie had caused throughout the fight.

It’s now expected that Fuji will take some time off to recover. His cut was nasty, and he’ll also have a lot to think about in his attempt to remain near the top of the division.

Mib Louie has been offered the chance to welcome Andrya Ignatov, a 5-0 former Ultimate XC contender, to the Highland Games cage. A win in that fight would almost definitely secure a title shot for Louie in the near future.

Mib Louie Wins by TKO (Cut) at 2:29 of Round 1.

----------

FIGHT OF THE NIGHT

Mib Louie Vs Chiyono Fuji

KNOCKOUT OF THE NIGHT

Alexey Juralev

Massimo Benvenuti: "I have nothing but respect for Renato. That being said, I'm here to punch holes in my opponents faces, and I'm not going to stop until they give up".

Renato Gracie: what ever the out come I no it's going to be a great fight. I tell you what Massimo the winner has to buy the drinks what you say??

P O Riley- Grant Morrison are you gonna stand and trade??? Or take this fight to the ground??? I think we both no you are taking me down. Because if you don't I am knocking you out

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/10/10w2.jpg

RICE ARONI

I will beat any of you clowns at 205lbs! Artur Jawetz you are next, The Ref is gonna have to pull me off your unconscious body, dont be scared when you see the light, your not dying its only a doctor with a flashlight in your face trying to wake you up from a mini coma

• Upvote 1

"The Italian Brawler" Massimo Benvenuti:

How long will the Tycoon gods keep protecting Grant Morrison from me!? I already beat him once. In our previous org I was denied a shot at him (he was the champion) multiple times, despite having won all my fights and having already beat him. Is this going to happen again? What the hell do I have to do to get a title shot? My anger will fuel my fists and make me stronger until I get that belt.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w15.jpg

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/20/20b12.jpg

Talon "Sharp Eye" Axel

I'm not much of talker, but I do love a good scrap. That's why I'm calling out Alfonso "Cheeky" Bebeto. We have no scheduled bouts, and we've both had 2 fights with impressive finishes. What do you say big man? Let's make this happen!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/29/29w1.jpg

DARTH VADER

5-0

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140922222828Dfc-belt.jpg

Hey McQueen, like my shiny new belt! Just destroyed the #1 p4p fighter & #1 135 lbr on the Island with out even breaking a sweat and even used a little of that Jiu Jitsu your alway go on about . I see you at the top of the division in Highland Games, Good luck winnin their belt!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Highland Games 17 Preview

Fight 1 Nicephore Desnoyers vs Bhola Djin Djin-: Desnoyers has a strong advantage in the clinch department over his oppenent and should look to take the fight in he clinch. Djin Djin has better boxing and BJJ so he will not mind if the fight stays standing or goes to the ground.

Predictions Bhola Djin Djin wins bye Submission

Fight 2 Eddy Dean vs Allessandro Di Rossi-: Dean is slightly better at wrestling and a lot stronger in BJJ so he will look to take the fight to the floor and submit his oppenent. Di Rossi has great boxing skills and will look to KO his oppenent he will be looking or his 1st win here.

Predictions Eddy Dean wins bye Submission

Fight 3 Teddy Dean vs Pablo Aurellio-: Dean is the better ground fighter out of these two here today. He is better in wrestling and BJJ so he will look to take this fight to the ground and get a win on his debut. Aurellio is a very good boxer and will be looking for a KO win here today. He noes the must keep the fight standing to win

Predictions Pablo Aurellio wins bye KO

Fight 4 Pate Tate vs Alberto Di Rossi-: We have a great fight here both guys like to stand and bang. Tate is slightly better at wrestling and Muay Thai so he may look to mix it up a bit. Di Rossi will hope it turns into a slugfest and that he can use his superior boxing skills to get his 1st victory here in his debut

Predictions Pate Tate wins bye points decision

Fight 5 Earl Johnson vs Patrick O Riley-: Johnson is the better wrestler of these two fighters and he will look to take his oppenent down and keep him there or maybe ground and pound him out. O Riley has good wrestling but not as good as his oppenent here so he will look to use his great boxing to win the fight. He just lost a fight to Grant Morrison and will look to bounce back with a KO victory here

Predictions Patrick O Riley wins bye KO

Fight 6 Alfonso Bebeto vs Arjen De Boar-: Bebeto is clearly the ground fighter here today he is better in wrestling and BJJ so he will look to remain undefeated and get his 3rd submission win here. De Boar started his career at 2-0 but he has lost his last two fights so he will be looking to bounce back with a KO win he is a lot stronger in all stand up areas

Predictions Alfonso Bebeto wins bye Submission

Fight 7 Talon Axel vs Saintly Fish-: Axel is undefeated with a record of 2-0 both coming bye KO he is a lot stronger in the stand up area.He must try to avoid going to the ground at all costs. Fish is coming off a loss and will be looking to bounce back with a submission victory here. He is stronger in wrestling and BJJ and he will look to utilise this

Predictions Talon Axel wins bye KO

Fight 8 Rice Aroni vs Jeff Jones-: Both fighters are undefeated here and the winner will look to be the future of the 205Ibs division. Aroni is a stronger boxer and wrestler so he will look for a KO bye standing or a ground and pound win. He has finished all his previous opponents via KO. Jones is better at Muay Thai and BJJ he will look to clinch and keep the fight there if it does go to the ground he will be looking for a submission

Predictions Rice Aroni wins bye KO

Fight 9 Hideki Higkiko vs Scooby Ali-: And now for are co main event and what a fight we have instore here for you guys. Higkiko is a fraction stronger in wrestling and Ali is a fraction better in Mauy Thai everything else is virtually identical here. Higkiko has won the majority of his fights via decision. Schooby has won all his bye TKO so it will be interesting to see who goes for what game plain. A win here for either fighter would more than likely result in a title fight between the winner of Highland 18 fight Fuse vs Stick

Predictions Hideki Higkiko wins bye decision

Fight 10 Mib Louie vs Barney Gumble-: And now it's finally here are main event of the evening. If two titans were to clash this would surely be it. Both undefeated in over 11 fights and all victories have come bye KO. So someone's perfect record is going to be ruined and someone is walking away with the gold the Highland 265ibs title. Louie has had some very exciting KO finishes with head kicks and flying knees. All the oppenents he have beaten have been undefeated before facing Louie now that's impressive. Gumble is a former p4p1 on the island he is the champion here at Highland Games and for good reason. only one of his oppenents he has faced has made it to the 2nd round only to be KO. This fight is very even apart from Gumble has the better boxing out of the two fighters

Predictions Barney Gumble wins bye KO

• 2 weeks later...

Rodrigo Rojas looking for a super fight against the 185 champion after clearing out the 205 division.

"The Italian Brawler" Massimo Benvenuti:

Rodrigo, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it! If the promoters want this fight, I'll gladly accept it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w15.jpg

• Upvote 1

Callum McGregor:- While a fight between Massimo Benventui and Rodrigo Rojas would be great, both of them are yet to defend their titles. They have a list of challengers stepping in front of them first. They have to focus on beating their mandatory challengers, and if they manage to reign dominantly, then maybe we'll see this superfight take place.

• Upvote 1

Great news!! You could update the rankings as well

In process. I was doing it and stopped so I could do the preview for the card on the 25th instead. It's been updated until half way through HG 10. I expect to finish it in like 5 days to get everything back up to date. I'll update it with fighters retiring and probably with links to the profiles too. Lot of work ahead :D

• Upvote 1