11 skills instead of 13

Arcalimon

i perfer adding skill so that fighters cant be great at everything to be honest i would rather it be

1. Punches (standing)
  2. Kicks (standing)
  3. Elbows (standing and clinch can only target head)
  4. Knees (clinch)
  5. Dirty Boxing (clinch)
  6. Clinchwork
  7. Striking Defense
  8. Ground n Pound
  9. Takedown Off
  10. Takedown Def
  11. Submissions
  12. Defensive Grap
  13. Transitions
  14. Escapes (decrease standup chance and increase escape chance so escapes become relevent again)

Adding is the smartest thing. More skills = more variety, different fighters. I love it!

I'm fine with the current system. I believe that every fighter is unique. We have couple of hiddens in which fighters can have value between 1-150, skills aren't excatly the same, there are little differences, plus sliders means a lot. Some of the people who gave their opinion dosen't know much about the game, they are just in the beginning of their way.

(...)

And basically you don't need intelligence, if you set 100% follow my orders (both ground and standup).

And I didn't say all possible hiddens. There are: Hates pizza, enjoys gardening, experienced, inexperienced. But, a successful fighter needs to have all hiddens.

You're wrong :). Intelligence is important and helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

In the current meta-game people intentionally avoid "wasting" skill cap points in knees, elbows, transitions, and escapes. These things are avoided because they are only useful on the ground or in the clinch. This results in most top fighters being standup guys. Perhaps the best option is to separate things into options from each position and create more mitigating factors for positions (such as how stuffed TDs can end in the clinch).

For example:

Elbows (Standing)

Elbows (Clinch)

Elbows (Ground)

The skill cap would likely need to be raised but proportionately.
This would cause people to have fighters who throw devastating elbows but only on the ground.

This combined with making it so that dodged kicks can cause an opponent to slip down (chance based on agility/flex/balance) bringing the fight to the ground. This has the added side effect of restraining kicks which most people seem to be of the opinion are incredibly strong right now.