The clinch game.

iLuke92

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which striking do you prefer in the clinch

• Punches
    • Elbows/Knees

Anyone wanna experiment?

We create two exact 25 year olds and set our sliders exactly the same.

Only difference will be one of us will put points to Punch while other other one puts points to elbow/knees. Fight can happen in 2 days.I have free spots in my org's upcoming event.

Don't forget,, there are two primaries supporting punches in the clinch, Wrestling and Boxing, but only one primary backs up the elbows and knees.

Well, MT still backs up punches at 75% effectiveness in the clinch. MT basically can do everything Boxing + punches can do, at 75% effectiveness. Elite MT = Wonderful Boxing for punches and defending punches.

No one really knows how Wrestling/MT skill interact with each other in terms of clinch effectiveness, just that they are both important. It may be additive somehow such as Wrestling + MT = clinch skill, OR it may be a case of "only the best one matters", the worse one is ignored, such as with Boxing, MT, and punching effectiveness.

A lot of it depends on what you're making your fighter for.

Are you making him KT or MMA?

If you're making him MMA, make him wrestling based. It is definitely the most effective starting build. It throws your opponents idea of your gameplan off, gives you better TDD to keep the fight standing and is very important in the clinch.

As far as punches vs elbows/knees. I would personally go KT with punches, not kicks. KT effects your punches enough to help out when your at a distance and kicks are not used in the clinch. Elbows/knees are devastating early, I would personally go with elbows first, as they don't require flexibility like knees do. Kicks are also highly effected by flex and balance. As some have stated, elbows and knees tend to drop off as the competition raises.

Again, a lot of your build should really depend on what the goal/purpose of your fighter is.

Lastly, I won't point out any names but some of these guys are giving you absolutely garbage advice.

• Upvote 1