Ronaldo Jacaré vs Yoel Romero

rodrigokrojas

lets be serious..if he would have stood up at the right tim kennedy was going to bomb rush him he was out of it..but result is he won but it was a cheap win ...there is no way souza lose this fight...unless romero catches him but after the first rd..romero will be gassed bc souza comes at you..you pressure romero and get him tired its over

lets be serious..if he would have stood up at the right tim kennedy was going to bomb rush him he was out of it..but result is he won but it was a cheap win ...there is no way souza lose this fight...unless romero catches him but after the first rd..romero will be gassed bc souza comes at you..you pressure romero and get him tired its over

Im on the side of Souza on this one but im disagree with the notion that Yoel Romero is THAT bad, he dominated Kennedy for the whole fight, if you missed the last 20 seconds of round 2 and you saw the 3rd round you wouldnt be shocked. You cant just let someone knock you out like that. His corner cheated, when the ref told him to get up he did, also the UFC cut man, NOT his cornerman is the one to blame for putting too much vaseline over his eye. I dont expect a massacre this should be a good fight

I'm brazilian and a HUGE Jacare fan, but you guys are underestimating Romero. His wrestling is arguably the best in the UFC, and Jacaré's stand out is his jiu jitsu. I think they are equally matched on the feet, Souza probably has better speed and Yoel better power.

despite his background, he isn't the best wrestler in world. He's a very good-great wrestler with elite strength IMO

Daniel Cormier said Yoel is the best wrestler in the UFC, if that says something

I've heard a lot of people say that as well, but IIRC he hasn't looked that great wrestling in his career. Certainly not like the best wrestler in the UFC should. He has the amateur background but that only goes so far. Perfect example was Hendricks vs GSP

^TRUE!! I will always say that GSP is the best wrestler in MMA!!.HE NEVER WRESTLED IN HIGHSCHOOL OR COLLEGE AND LOOK AT WHAT HE HAS DONE TO COLLEGIATE WRESTLERS..MMA WRESTLING IS A DIFFERENT ASPECT!! ROMERO WOULD GET OUTWRESTLED BY WIEDMAN SO ROMERO IS NOT THE BEST WRESTLER IN.MMA...IF ANYBODY...TO ME ITS DEMITRIOUS JOHNSON AND I KNOW PPL ARE SUPRISED BUT LOOK AT WHAT HE HAS DONE IN MMA..OR Phil Davis

The real question is: have Romero's people learned to speaka Engrish yet, how much Vaseline to apply, and how to read time? If the answer to any of those question is anything less than a 100% assured "YES", then Romero is close to unbeatable.

It was the UFC's cut man who put too much vaseline, but they need to remember when to bring the stool out... like i said though,if 30 seconds is all a man needs to knock you out, you werent going to win anyway. Which was how the fight went before the stool and vaseline and other random objects that caused Tim Kennedy to be running away like a criminal from cops while losing consciousness.

With all that said.... Jacare for the win

^TRUE!! I will always say that GSP is the best wrestler in MMA!!.HE NEVER WRESTLED IN HIGHSCHOOL OR COLLEGE AND LOOK AT WHAT HE HAS DONE TO COLLEGIATE WRESTLERS..MMA WRESTLING IS A DIFFERENT ASPECT!! ROMERO WOULD GET OUTWRESTLED BY WIEDMAN SO ROMERO IS NOT THE BEST WRESTLER IN.MMA...IF ANYBODY...TO ME ITS DEMITRIOUS JOHNSON AND I KNOW PPL ARE SUPRISED BUT LOOK AT WHAT HE HAS DONE IN MMA..OR Phil Davis

I agree with Davis, he can be very dominant but he doesn't have much else in way of MMA skills so I think his wrestling gets undervalued because people are always looking for it