U2 swings and misses... again

First there was forcing their latest album on any iTard.... that wasn't enough, now this:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/recovering-alcoholic-slash-gets-beer-gift-from-u2/

U2 gave a recovery alcoholic... beer. Fuckin arrogant fucksticks, next thing you know they are going to go on a massive world tour with a massive set requiring massive amount of fuel to move, setup, put on show, tear down then move again all the while telling me how evil corporations and fossil fuel usage is... oh wait.

They didn't force the album on anybody, Apple bought the album and forced it everybody. I don't own anything iSuck except iTunes, so I gladly got it on purpose. And is it possible they didn't know about Slash? I didn't.

They had some cool tunes back in the day, but they have bought too much into 'biggest band on the planet hype'. Bono has reached politician stage for me now, where like Tony Abbott or Clive Palmer, I see him or hear his voice and actually think in my head, "Fuck off Bono".

U2 sucks and has always sucked. Shitty music for self-important mouth breathers.

Wrong again JLP. Where is that thread "Shit JLP Says"?

They can't be wrong, it is an opinion.

Tbh, I haven't heard a single U2 song that I liked

I remember when they first appeared. The guitar playing (or guitar effects really) were a new sound. I quite liked some of the first ablums at the time, and also the live album (under a blood red sky) in particular. I can't imagine listening to it now though. I sometimes get my vinyl out and play stuff, but my U2 albums havn't been played for about 20 years. The best thing they ever did (IMO) is a b-side cover of Patti Smith's "Dancing Barefoot" which really is a good cover. I didn't buy anything later than that single (When love comes to town), but I thought some stuff was interesting because of Eno's contribution. Occaisionally.

But this is all besides the point. Bono is a knobhead and I can't take them seriously.

I've been listening to them since 83 and still have eight Albums either in CD or Digital form (Boy, War, The Unforgetable Fire, The Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum, Achtung Baby, How To Dismantle A Time Bomb, and Songs of Innocence. I have Live Under A Blood Red Sky on VHS. I don't see the Guiness as being a prick, but maybe they didn't know.

Yeah, that doesn't mean they didn't know, I didn't know. And Slash just laughed it off anyway.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that doesn't mean they didn't know, I didn't know. And Slash just laughed it off anyway.

I just googled "Slash" and looked at his wiki page, using regular means I found out he was a recovering alcoholic in less then 2 minutes of reading his "Personal life" section, they clearly did not know but they could have found out easily. Generally when I'm giving a gift to someone I spend a bit of time to make it something suitable to the person and in this case it's pretty clear they put no thought into it and gave him a generic gift.

• Downvote 1

I just googled "Slash" and looked at his wiki page, using regular means I found out he was a recovering alcoholic in less then 2 minutes of reading his "Personal life" section, they clearly did not know but they could have found out easily. Generally when I'm giving a gift to someone I spend a bit of time to make it something suitable to the person and in this case it's pretty clear they put no thought into it and gave him a generic gift.

Who gives a fuck if they knew or not. Sending an alchoholic gift to a "recovering alchoholic" (whatever that is) is not wrong. It is the alchoholics job not to drink alchohol. It doesn't mean a normal person looking for a gift has to worry about YOUR addictions. I mean, I want to send you chocolates and it's MY responsibilty to find out if you are lactose intolerant, diabetic, or nut allergic? No, sending the guy beer was a perfectly normal gift, and it's Slash's problem if he can't drink it. Maybe U2 were too busy "saving the planet" or spending money on luxury items to check out Slash online.

Sending an unwelcome gift isn't a crime.

• Downvote 1

Who gives a fuck if they knew or not. Sending an alchoholic gift to a "recovering alchoholic" (whatever that is) is not wrong. It is the alchoholics job not to drink alchohol. It doesn't mean a normal person looking for a gift has to worry about YOUR addictions. I mean, I want to send you chocolates and it's MY responsibilty to find out if you are lactose intolerant, diabetic, or nut allergic? No, sending the guy beer was a perfectly normal gift, and it's Slash's problem if he can't drink it. Maybe U2 were too busy "saving the planet" or spending money on luxury items to check out Slash online.

Sending someone a "gift" that could affect their life in a terrible way is a problem, and it is important that you not even tempt them into going back to that addiction.

Your being a blast at Christmas time aside, I think you've misread the thread.

The assertion was: Bono is a dick. It wasn't: Bono is a criminal.

Slash is bigger than that, he just laughed it off. It's not like Andy Dick giving Phil Hartman's wife coke at a party. My biggest beef with U2 right now, is they were supposed to play the tonight show all this week but Bono got hurt riding a bicycle and they postponed it.