Changing Events

From time to time I do something stupid like have a career, friends and a missus. Some people call this a life, I call it a distraction from what's important: Managing my organisation's events.

Is there any reason why I can't change a card right up until the time that the event starts to be processed by the engine?

I always thought its something like "if its too close to start time, engine may not realize you changed something" so its like this protection thing, to make sure all is set right o: But I don't know, just my wild guess

Does anyone know where this list is so I can see what is high on it?

Prolly fighters uniforms are #1, then PMs about receiving fight offers...That's my wild guess on priorities for this game now. We don't need to fix the shit we've been dealing with for a while now, like worthless money, right? o:

The 3 things that have been the biggest, ongoing concerns by managers old and new over the years I've been here are, not in any order:

1. Worthless economy

2. Wrong location NCs

3. Inflexible contracts making superfights (both inter and intra org and inter weight class) ridiculously painful

2 hasn't been a thing for a couple of months now.

In terms of last minute changes, what sort of thing are you talking about? The logic wasn't really a game engine issue, rather it was a sim logic issue. IRL you have to have weigh ins a day before the fight, so I blocked fight card changes at roughly a day before. Then for advertising etc, if you changed that last minute it wouldn't have any impact in real life on attendance etc.

For me, as a dude who's been in the org game really for longer than most orgs have even existed: How long do I have before the engine locks it in? If I can change a card 10 minutes before the engine calculates then let me.

It doesn't affect anyone but the org, they already accepted and they get paid the same. There's no cash or hype bonuses based on where the perform in the card, so let me change it.

Reality is no real argument, because I can sell out the game's largest arena with free tickets, but in real life if I offered a majority of seats worth of free tickets no one would come. Paid or otherwise.

2 hasn't been a thing for a couple of months now.

In terms of last minute changes, what sort of thing are you talking about? The logic wasn't really a game engine issue, rather it was a sim logic issue. IRL you have to have weigh ins a day before the fight, so I blocked fight card changes at roughly a day before. Then for advertising etc, if you changed that last minute it wouldn't have any impact in real life on attendance etc.

But #1 org in the world handing out 70k-80k free tickets for their shows is "real life" like? .-. Like KRad said - imagine UFC doing event in 90k venue...with 80k free tickets handed out. That's bs, they would be doomed with one event like that. And here, it not only doesn't hurt you, but helps you. Bigger crowd = bigger hype gain. So let's not pretend like we are shaping this game after real life, because clearly we are not...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's no logic in making one thing less realistic just because another part of the game is not realistic. I would rather make the not realistic bit more realistic.

That would be great. Then lets start with money having any value, orgs not being holy land of free money and being Santa Clause in business world hurting your org, instead of making it better. How does it sound?

• Downvote 1

I expect it is the same for newer players as it always was: Turn up, say hi, ask for money/help, receive money/help.

Regarding reality aspect - an org can change the card whenever they fancy, within certain logistical confinements such as having the fighters and appropriate referees in the right place at the right time. 24 hours before is purely an arbitrary time span and I am simply proposing that, being arbitrary, a time span as close to the event as possible exists.

You can get realistic if you like, but I am pretty sure it will never happen as it will be quite complex and add limited value - you would need to implement a penalty system to offset the hype gain of a changed card order that would result from fans being confused/pissed by an 'on the night' order change. You'd need to choose times in advance of the event to gain hype/publicity through advertising and this money would need to be spent at the same time the event is booked/confirmed and the longer the time the greater the hype/promotional value. Changing production values should have no fine as it is not an issue until production time. An org offering multitudes of free tickets should be seen as pretty crap by the public due to the concept of supply and demand that the market runs off, etc and so forth. 'Substitute' fighters should be on hand in case a fighter doesn't show, or gets injured warming up, etc.

Or: let me change the bloody fight order and card details right up to the last minute :D

I still have no idea what you're trying to say mate. Got any answers to my very straight forward questions or do you just have sand in your vagina?

You sound like a dick. I am not saying you ARE a dick, but statistically the outlook is bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I smell bromance here ;)

Now, regarding the thread issue: I probably have not been running an org for as long as you(I actually checked and my first event was 2012-09-02) but I have been running 2 events(not anymore in the past months) per week since I begun and I can't remember ever needing to change anything 24h before the event day. This includes forgetting about things like posters and such but the extra 24h would not have made any difference.

And I think that the point is that changing the deadline would not make any difference to you as well since it would only make you forget about things 24h later than what you do now.

Personally, I like the fact that there is a deadline a day before that makes it look a tad more realistic than able to change everything at any time without consequence.

• Upvote 1