Fight Org Finances

jeepis

An answer would be nice. I read in some thread a while ago that you only have to pay for the arena and advertising before the event and the rest would be charged after the event. Any truth to this?

you only pay for booking the event

Not really, no. In New York there is such great competition that I have to book arenas a month (or more) in advance. So I've already spent $100,000 on events that haven't even taken place yet. Then I have to plan to re-negotiate expiring contracts, sign new fighters, give out bonuses, etc.

You will most likely have little money to spend in the first month. You really have to think way ahead of time when you run an org. It's not easy.

Just getting people to sign the first batch of contracts when your on a budget is an ordeal!

Loads dont reply, many decline without explanation....others demand Ferraris, an entourage of super models and City centre apartments

I bet its annoying when your making cards and people dont exceptd/decline fights because they go inactive, leaving you hanging on whether to arrange a different fight or wait for them etc. then you have to find an opponent on short notice or the event could be short and take a rating hit...

I bet its annoying when your making cards and people dont exceptd/decline fights because they go inactive, leaving you hanging on whether to arrange a different fight or wait for them etc. then you have to find an opponent on short notice or the event could be short and take a rating hit...

i had to make 3 fighter on the day before an event once in order to save myself from a hype hit

i had to make 3 fighter on the day before an event once in order to save myself from a hype hit

I learned that the hard way too. I still have crappy ratings, just cuz my first events sucked.