Tycoon MMA Championships!

davie1903

OK, that would be 3/14. I am going to use my 3/13 event cause that is what if have booked that weekend if that is ok. And then the finals will be 3/28.

Looking back at earlier posts it looks like we will do a 3rd/4th place fight. Anything required for 5-7 place (first round losers) or can I just cut them loose after the first loss?

Another note, I'm realizing the first round bye fighter is guaranteed at least 4th place. So maybe no points to the Org totals should go for a 4th place finish (or a 4th place finish for the bye fighter at least as all he will have done is 2 losses) Was this addressed already? I don't remember.

ArRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH someone rejected a fight :angry: .I 95% sure but i pretty sure Nicolas Arenas http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=249278 is suppose to be facing Martine Dincht http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=239190 .I don't think i got it wrong he might have rejected by mistake who knows

ArRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH someone rejected a fight :angry: .I 95% sure but i pretty sure Nicolas Arenas http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=249278 is suppose to be facing Martine Dincht http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=239190 .I don't think i got it wrong he might have rejected by mistake who knows

Yeah they are supposed to fight each other

Streams of fanatical mixed martial arts devotees were seen circling the Hard Knocks arena in beautiful Tokyo, Japan on the day tickets were made available for the world wide phenomenon that is the Tycoon MMA Championships. Each fan desperately hoped that they would be the one who was bestowed a golden ticket so they could see the lightweight battle of seven organisations for themselves.

The event, once again sponsored by the fine people of Big Bear Amsterdam 160Q, has even caught the imagination of the general public. They have vocally demanded more access to these exotic fighters invading Japan’s biggest organisation. Coping with such hysteria will be one of the biggest challenges that each competitor faces. Blocking out such nuisances could well be the key to winning at UNFC 44: TMC LW Round 1.

The first pair to face off will be Wrestling Guy (9-2-0), who represents the Ultimate Fighting Federation out of sun-kissed Rio de Janeiro, and Los Angeles based Ashton Eaton (9-4-0) who symbolises the best of the Insanity organisation.

Consensus of opinion would indicate that this will be a highly tactical fight. Guy may have suffered the first slump of his career, but many are speculating that his involvement in the tournament has been the root cause of this. Clearly a cerebral fighter, the Antiguan will have been analysing how to lock on his destructive clinch to the shutdown defence of Eaton. How successful he is in achieving this goal will define how far he progresses in the tournament.

There certainly appears to be more options open to Eaton. Although he is known for his exceptional ground game, the Polish-American has shown an increasing presence on his feet. Even though it is rather an opaque estimation to compare fighters without common rivals, most would be confident in saying that Eaton has the advantage whenever the two are not hot and heavy against a fence.

One big hope for Guy is the general belief that Eaton has been less progressive in putting opponents to the sword in recent outings, as he has instituted a more conservative game plan. Against someone as explosive as Guy, this could be a recipe for disaster. No doubt Insanity’s representatives will be imploring their man to find a finish whenever the opportunity presents itself.

“Last” Sam Urai (8-3-1) must have had mixed emotions leaving behind London based organisation Troid to feature in this tournament. The Japanese native gets the joy of fighting in his home nation for the first time having never fought in his country of birth before. However he leaves behind the chance at an instant championship rematch after drawing an epic battle with, now former Troid champion, Timothy Robinson.

Triod’s tournament pick must now put any questions of ‘what if’ to the back of his mind as he faces the walking piece of granite known as AMS Fighting Championship hopeful “Mexican Wolverine” Chad Didion (10-3-0).

Unlike his rival, this might be the perfect time for the Dutch-based fighter to enter the TMC. The “Mexican Wolverine” is currently in a difficult position of being a former champion, who has multiple qualified contenders ranked ahead of him for the AMS belt. Proving his mettle on the world stage, and scoring valuable points for his company, is a wonderful chance for him to jump the queue and position himself for another run. Of course, this plan only works if Didion makes a splash.

Judging who will be the victor of this battle would seem to be a coin flip decision. They both prefer to stand and bang but neither is devoid of ground skills either. Perhaps the biggest difference will be the additional length that Urai has over his opponent. Being able to get off first could be the difference in a fight that is bound to go down to the wire.

The evening’s final tournament fight, which will also serve at UNFC 44’s main event, will be the hotly anticipated encounter between Russian organisation SFC’s three weight champion Charlie “Augustus” Lim (18-1-1) and the ultra popular New York Fight Nights wonder boy “The Greatest Of All Time” Quentin DeBramalo (6-2-0).

There are so many subplots to this fight. Both men are loudly touted by their organisation’s as the best young prospect at lightweight in the world. Clearly one of these over-exuberant claims will bite the dust after this one is over. Each fighter also has the unwanted pressure of representing a superpower. Fortunately each man’s persona rather represents their patron country, as Lim is a somber unrelenting fighter who’s determination to fulfil his destiny is both humbling and scary. While DeBramalo is an outlandish performer who electrifies crowds even if he does sometime care to much about putting on a show rather than finishing his opponent ruthlessly. This clash of styles adds to the unerring impression that these two men don’t like each other personally, which has given the contest an additional edge.

Surprisingly, the betting odds have heavily skewed in the favour of Lim despite both fighter’s excellent reputation. Perhaps the accumulative championship experience is attracting the good will of the general public or maybe the subtle questioning of DeBramalo’s immaturity has turned sour in some people’s eyes. Whatever the reason, this is one of the few occasions where following the punters money is not necessarily a great representation of how close the fight will be.

So will win this battle? Who knows. Although there is a significant chance that the final decision will be in the hands of the Japanese judges at ringside. The only prediction that can be certain is that both men will go away from the ordeal as better fighters going forward.

The tournaments seventh member, UNFC’s own Hector “Macho” Camacho (14-1-0) will also be an interesting side show as he scouts his future opponents. How the king of Unleash reacts to these other great lightweights performing in his cage will be a highlight film on its own.

• Upvote 4

*Spoiler, the event already happen in Tokyo and the results are below if you wish to watch the pbp for one of your fighters go do that first.*

I released Chad Didion, Wrestling Guy, and Charlie Lim so they are free to go back to their org.

I'm also having some issue with seeing the bracket, I've tried a couple things but this is all I see for it.

http://s18.postimg.org/72qe663u1/bracket.png

If I recall it should be Sam Urai vs Hector Camacho and Ashton Eaton vs Quentin DeBramalo but I do want to be sure I remember correctly before sending out the fight offers.

*Spoiler, the event already happen in Tokyo and the results are below if you wish to watch the pbp for one of your fighters go do that first.*

I released Chad Didion, Wrestling Guy, and Charlie Lim so they are free to go back to their org.

I'm also having some issue with seeing the bracket, I've tried a couple things but this is all I see for it.

http://s18.postimg.org/72qe663u1/bracket.png

If I recall it should be Sam Urai vs Hector Camacho and Ashton Eaton vs Quentin DeBramalo but I do want to be sure I remember correctly before sending out the fight offers.

Yeah those match ups are the right ones.

I am going to post each bracket in the OP and update them as events happen throughout today

Glad to see a win for Troid in Round 1, and Hector Camacho is going to be a very good opponent to square off against.

Just added in all the brackets into the OP, and I will update them as I see the events happen (I have every fight spoilered so I should see them fairly fast)

Just for Reference

1. UNFC - 9am (The morning before GMT)

2. SFC - 3pm

3. AMSFC - 5pm

4. Troid - 6pm

5. NYFN - 11pm

6. Insanity - 2am (the morning after GMT)

This is when the events take place so people can check for the results

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Happening today at T72, 3 fights in the TMC!!

Martin Saint Louis vs. Ferdinand Cortes – 145lbs TMC FIGHT Insanity vs UFNC

Louis is Insanity’s representative for the Tycoon MMA Championships and he will be facing the UNFC rep, Cortes. Louis’ best aspect of his MMA game is his stand up. Often landing to every part of the body of his opponents, smothering with hard leg kicks, body kicks and when you don’t know whats coming next he lands body punches and then goes up top. This type of pace Louis sets overwhelms most of his opponents and he can keep that pace for 5 hard rounds if needs be. Cortes may be the most powerful fighter at 145lbs at the moment. 15 of his 16 wins have come from (T)KO, he uses his wrestling defensively and that enables him to land hard punches that more often than not, end the night early for his opponents. This will be a very good fight, but I expect Saint Louis’ more well rounded striking attack to beat the powerful attack of Cortes.

Prediction: Saint Louis via UD

Kolt Ganger vs. Robledo "The Death Angel" Puch – 145lbs TMC FIGHT NYFN vs SFC

Ganger representing New York Fight Nights faces Robledo Puch from sfc. Ganger started out as a very good wrestler with the ground and pound and transitional skills to give most people nightmares. He has rounded out his game to include deadly dirty boxing and good hand speed, however his offensive wrestling skills are still his best weapon. Puch is also a ground fighter who uses great ground and pound, also utilising good submissions and an evolving boxing game to boot. I think Ganger has an advantage on the feet if he can keep it there and prevent Puch from grappling with him.

Prediction: Ganger via UD

Tuomari Hurmio vs. Rony Jason – 145lbs TMC FIGHT Troid vs UFF

Both of these fighters are undefeated but the competition Hurmio has faced in his career has been much tougher that what Jason has faced, as a result Jason falls below the minimum qualifying bracket to enter TMC, but here he is. Both bring great stand up to this fight and Hurmio has been showing off great kicks in his recent fights. Hurmio has previously shown his grappling skills earlier in his career, whilst Jason has remained one-dimensional with his power striking. This will be a close fight, but expect Hurmio to mixit up more, incorporating grappling to out-work Jason for the victory.

Prediction: Hurmio via UD

Full Card Preview

• Upvote 3

I'm talking about the Cortes Vs Saint Louis fight.

So Cortes Vs Saint Louis has the worst flavored text ever, I'm not even mad at the outcome just how it happened, a fucking open handed slap rocked a fighter with a granite chin. His past opponents have been doing it wrong the whole time, he can withstand punches and kicks to the head but a slap will fuck his day.

My jaw dropped reading the pbp but I admittedly laughed a bit while writing that.

Troid's 145 division results are being updated in the OP

On a personal note - I feel all fighters did well in this round, and I have now released the losing fighters to return to their orgs. I am happy that Troid has all our entries still in the tournament so far, and I feel this tournament is going to be running a lot smoother now we have the initial creases all ironed out.