Why are there no bots in this game?

FallenFlyer

There is probably an excellent reason for this but why are there no level game controlled fighters in this game?

As a (very) new player, it is very intimidating to look at even the lowest level organisations to even get on the card. Presumably this is because there are a lot of longer term players who have spent the time to build up their fighters (which obviously should not be taken away) but it surely has an effect on new players like myself.

So why are there no bots who could be used for new players to gain confidence and have fun?

I cant answer your question about bots but I can tell you that your newly created fighter doesnt have to face the toughest fighters out there that belong to the vets.

There are quite a few ID restricted orgs out there which can mean you can face fighters of a similar skill level and creation date. It's still no guarantee of a win but it will be more of a level playing field until your fighters become more skilled or you become more confident in your own abilities.

Orgs like 'Choke 260k' (sorry cant think of any others off the top of my head) only have fighters with ID's of 260000 or higher which means they have only been created a short time compared to some of the other fighters.

• Upvote 2

Since you are new I'll also explain how the ID's work since it's not something I thought about as a new member. Looking at the url of a fighter you'll see a number at the end, as you might guess every time a fighter is made the number for that fight is 1 higher allowing orgs to set a restriction that allows fighters created at a simalar time to face each other.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=266016

That number is his ID, 266016.

So this guy would likely be a good fit into a 260k org or a 265k org when one if made. It's brought up in a number of places like on the fighter page itself "Tomasi "Mlot" Dzeidzic (266016)".

Running an ID restricted org myself I actually try not to sign many 250k+ fighters, I'll sign a fighter if their managers approaches me but I only tend to scout the 230-249 id range to keep fighters that were created during the same time frame signed.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for that information. It makes a lot of sense.

If I can then ask a further question, does an organisation who work with these higher IDs have a high attrition of turnover as those presumably joining are new (or newer) players who are perhaps more flaky?

I would say yes there is a bit more of a turn over than in a normal Org. If you are worried about not getting enough fights make sure you pay attention to the contract you sign with said Org. You can always ask for a lower inactivity clause or shorter contract as these are all ways that will help you keep your fighter Active. Also if you want you can do some QFC's to gain experience or Join the Island when a new season starts as that way you are on even playing field. I hope this helps you a bit and if you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Mike Thomas(4733)

• Upvote 2

Dont be intimidated, this is the time to learn, soak up all the knowledge you can learn in the forums, chat and just messaging guys who are active and you will have a ton of fun. Try to monitor your sliders with your fights to get a better understanding of how to put together a gameplan as well as scouting. I see this as the hangout spot nowadays and not just a game anymore. But if you have questions you can pm me also, im almost always online lol

• Upvote 1

It is really good to see so many people being so welcoming.

A bit of weird additional question (I am assuming it is better protocol to adapt existing threads than continuously opening new ones) but how do you find the 'new user guide'? I suspect this is stupidity on my part but I can not find it (or is it something you have to go paid to do?).

Edit: Never mind, it was hiding (I missed it) below the symbol line.

Another question.

Are attributes directly oppositional, reflective or a mixture of both.

For instance, it is relatively obvious that takedowns are oppositional to takedown defence. However that would make strike defence a huge catch-all stat if that equally covers kicks/punches et al. So does that mean in that situation that punch skill (as an example) has a reflective quality in that it also assists in the defence of the opposite skill.

* I realise this is taking a skill in isolation and not cross-comparing it with other sets of attributes such as the physical ones.

Anything you do, the knowledge of doing that skill helps you defend them so if you have strike defense and kicks its easier to defend kicks. Of course strike d plays the bigger role. Also the primary governing that skill (in this case muay thai) also is major in that. So dont expect to dance around in front of a 12(wonderful) Muay Thai with your 3 (woeful) Muay Thai because he has elite striking defense.

Likewise physicals such as agility,flexibility and strength have their roles in kick defense as well

• Upvote 1