Turn the economy around with 1 simple change

sabaton

Change supps and clothes from lasting 14 days to 1.

Leave the cap limits in place

That will increase the demand for those items by 14 times.

And if the caps remain, it will create a natural need for more of these companies where people can actually make a decent buck.

We all know the only real way to make good cash is to either run an org or a laundry service.

By creating a natural demand, these shops would then be able and sell out their products every month and actually make a profit, without resorting to laundering, which shouldnt be in the game anyway.

It would also, probably, create a natural market for lower quality supps as well. If shops know they are going to sell out their 160 supps each month, they shoyld charge $300. Which then opens the door for the little guy and his $50 140 supps.

On a side note, but one that would require coding, would be to double the life expectancy of products purchased directly by fighters, rather than the managers. This would create a natural incentive to leave mote cash on fighters.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

as a clothing store owner, I have ceased the laundry services ok 99%. I dont make as much cash,..but I enjoy using the units on other products.

With laundry up, I run out of stock in the first week or half-way through the 2nd, then sit an hate not having customers for the rest of the month.

This way I can stretch it out a bit. 1 day usage is too drastic, maybe 12 days instead of 14. I am not wanting to reduce the quality of my products (that is what it is) IMO the trick is return customers,.. return customers is one of the most enjoyable parts of this .

All you would be doing is taking money from the people (most need it) and giving it to the few (who have too much)

Absolute nonsense.

Org owners have the money. Everyone else the scraps.

With this idea, it can make lower quality supps viable, thus opening the door for new managers to get into the supp business. Right now, if you cant spend the million bucks on research for a 160 supp, you will be hard pressed to find any buyers

Same with clothing. If everyone now needs 14 times more clothes, that will open the door for more people to own a shop AND make a profit from it.

This helps get worthless fighter cash into the hands of those who spend the time and effort to run a business. That is a boon to those who currently do not have cash and who dont want to run an org or laundry service to get it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Absolute nonsense.

With this idea, it can make lower quality supps viable, thus opening the door for new managers to get into the supp business. Right now, if you cant spend the million bucks on research for a 160 supp, you will be hard pressed to find any buyers

Same with clothing. If everyone now needs 14 times more clothes, that will open the door for more people to own a shop AND make a profit from it.

This helps get worthless fighter cash into the hands of those who spend the time and effort to run a business. That is a boon to those who currently do not have cash and who dont want to run an org or laundry service to get it.

I think you would need to be a little careful with the 14 times increase to the market as I don't see enough active players to compensate.

That would mean even a basic VIP manager without an Island fighter would go through 280 to 310 units per month. Currently it's 20. Without doing research it is difficult to guess an ideal number but I would guess it would be somewhere in the region of 80.

• Upvote 1

only downfall i see is newer managers that dont have much cash with new fighters -- having to buy clothing / change clothing everyday would and probably could break them quickly -- while i agree it wont hurt older managers with money it will probably kill newer managers just starting -- if it could be coded or done to where the older a fighter is the more you need to change his clothing then i would agree -- but i dont think a new fighter should have to change everyday just for the sake of newer managers

same goes for supps -- needs to go by fighters age or fight experience / hype something to make the demand go up after time not right at the start

• Upvote 3

I think you would need to be a little careful with the 14 times increase to the market as I don't see enough active players to compensate.

That would mean even a basic VIP manager without an Island fighter would go through 280 to 310 units per month. Currently it's 20. Without doing research it is difficult to guess an ideal number but I would guess it would be somewhere in the region of 80.

Thr specifics of the suggestion can, of course, be discussed.

The main point is to simply increase demand, and in a way that should require minimal effort on mikes part

only downfall i see is newer managers that dont have much cash with new fighters -- having to buy clothing / change clothing everyday would and probably could break them quickly -- while i agree it wont hurt older managers with money it will probably kill newer managers just starting -- if it could be coded or done to where the older a fighter is the more you need to change his clothing then i would agree -- but i dont think a new fighter should have to change everyday just for the sake of newer managers

This is exactly why my idea creates a boon for lower quality merchandise.

Cheap 140q supps now become a viable product in the marketplace, and there will always be cheap clothing

And there are lots of friendly managers willing to assist with cash and the noob fund

Absolute nonsense.

Absolute rubbish - the only people who scrap are new players or scrub managers that can't earn a buck..

• Upvote 2

Yeah its too expensive to think you are just gonna open up a nutrition company as a noob and be successful, as i mentioned in a different thread. with $300 laundry it would take 18months to buy ONE 160Q supplement.

I agree, 14:1 might be drastic but this is an idea that is certainly worth talking about. Make those other companies worthwhile. Also, what K-Rad said about houses is a good idea. Sort of like having a time-share (set up exactly like the jet) but for your fighters to regain morale and energy faster than normal.

• Upvote 1

I don't get the ongoing debate around 'noobs doing it tough'.

They're meant to. They're noobs. This is why you don't start as the CEO of the company you work for. You gain benefits by being capable and motivated. Success is a reward for time and effort expended.

Between the Noob fund, mentorships and the various other schemes getting around out there I would be very surprised if a single noob who joined chat and/or the forum, or otherwise cold called PMs in-game couldn't make 50k in their first week simply by asking nicely.

• Upvote 6

They're meant to. They're noobs. This is why you don't start as the CEO of the company you work for. You gain benefits by being capable and motivated. Success is a reward for time and effort expended.

Between the Noob fund, mentorships and the various other schemes getting around out there I would be very surprised if a single noob who joined chat and/or the forum, or otherwise cold called PMs in-game couldn't make 50k in their first week simply by asking nicely.

Why are you so threatened by making nutrition and clothing companies more economically viable?

This idea helps everyone. Not just noobs.

But even so, if you are trying to draw new managers to the game and they realize just how hard it is to start a company, all because they dont already have a million bucks, you will lose potential managers.

You cannot make a viable nutrition product under the current economy. My simple fix would allow noob managers to create a product that other noob managers need because all of the vet managers, like you, will suck up the 160 products.

• Upvote 1

One of the things that I loved about this game when I first joined is how quick you can really get into decent competition. Unlike other sports management browser games it doesn't take years to build an entire team and fight your way into the top division. One doesn't feel as if one is trying to ascend Mt Everest. This is inextricably linked to the fact that there are a very limited number of advantages that veterans can buy using the war-chests they have built up over the years. One of the side effects of this is that the rich amass Scrooge McDuck style bank accounts with nothing to spend their money on.

Also the economics of the change just don't make sense but thats another issue..

• Upvote 1

i dont get how your saying this is gonna help noobs -- yea maybe company wise if they make a company but for those that dont have a company or non-vips its gonna kill them -- instead of having a $10 shirt last for 5 or 6 days it's only gonna last for one day and instead of getting a cheap supp to last 2 wks now its gonna last a day or two -- thats costing them way more money -- thats one reason i mention it should be buy fighters age and / or hype -- so older managers with fighters that have money will need to change and buy stuff more often -- fighters / managers starting out will not have to buy so often -- you mention cheap supp like 140 for newer managers well if the past has shown us anything its that it will not work -- with the caps in place they are gonna buy the 159 or 160 -- which is what everyone wants the best they can get -- now if goes by fighter age and / or hype then it would cost them more in the long run cause they would have to buy more to get the same 2 wk supply of supp or same amount of days out of clothing -- not trying to put your idea totally down or anything but just needs to focus on the fighter and / or manager i believe -- what your wanting isnt going to help noobs or at least i dont think so -- maybe yes on companies if they have one but then also they will be spending way more on their own fighters so in the end they will probably be in same spot or maybe worse off since they have to buy supps and clothing everyday -- the idea has merit but needs major tweaking and / or more input

• Upvote 3

It's super inflation in tycoon. Everything is just a money making machine. Money gets added in but not removed. Priceses stay the same at all times. Only way to get tycoon economy working is by having a proper monetary system. Every org can't be a money printing machine like it is now. But doing something about it requires a redesign of the economy system and I think that will probably be a too big of a headache for mike so it's not something you'll be seeing any time soon.

• Upvote 1

Inact some cost of living options from a cardboard box to a house in the Alps, or cars. More for status purposes than fight advantage (roleplay etc. maybe a little moral or hype boost) Noobs would be hit the least. You know go to Vegas, play the tables or maybe take vacations. Charter fishing trips. Donate to a sim charity for a little hype, its really quite endless.

I can not speak for the programming portions of this,.I am just pointing out what is painfully obvious, I am sure.

I think part of the issue is that it is (possibly to) easy to ask for a lump sum early but there are limited opportunities to work your way up from that point. What happens is people either become an org owner or become dependant on one.

There needs to be a way to create other streams of income that merits originality or skill. Admittedly, how that is should be implemented is beyond my expertise.

Inact some cost of living options from a cardboard box to a house in the Alps, or cars. More for status purposes than fight advantage (roleplay etc. maybe a little moral or hype boost) Noobs would be hit the least. You know go to Vegas, play the tables or maybe take vacations. Charter fishing trips. Donate to a sim charity for a little hype, its really quite endless.

I can not speak for the programming portions of this,.I am just pointing out what is painfully obvious, I am sure.

some of this was getting ready to put in place but we were having big discussions on pricing and other things with it -- then many unwanted things happened and came to the fore front that needed attention sooner -- i know mike still has plans on this though

• Upvote 1

Why are you so threatened by making nutrition and clothing companies more economically viable?

This idea helps everyone. Not just noobs.

But even so, if you are trying to draw new managers to the game and they realize just how hard it is to start a company, all because they dont already have a million bucks, you will lose potential managers.

You cannot make a viable nutrition product under the current economy. My simple fix would allow noob managers to create a product that other noob managers need because all of the vet managers, like you, will suck up the 160 products.

I didn't say anything about nutrition or clothing companies or their economic viability but your strawman has been duly noted, please come again.

So just to clarify your proposal here - make shit easier for noobs, at the expense of veterans, so that noobs will be able to feel like they've achieved something worthwhile that the veterans spent countless months and tycoon dollars to achieve.

This doesn't actually appear to alter the economy in any fundamental or meaningful way - simply shifts the spread of 'wealth' (which any manager who has VIP has too much of after 8 months of fighting 10 fighters anyway) to people who have put in no time, effort and the lowest amount of income to the game developer - sounds sensible.

If you need some money, just ask, I'll shoot you some.

• Upvote 2

I think part of the issue is that it is (possibly to) easy to ask for a lump sum early but there are limited opportunities to work your way up from that point. What happens is people either become an org owner or become dependant on one.

There needs to be a way to create other streams of income that merits originality or skill. Admittedly, how that is should be implemented is beyond my expertise.

Absolutely agreed - there needs to be an expanded economy. More ways to spend money and more reasons to spend that money - which conversely will generate more ways to make money for the people on the other side.

The game needs expanded, not dumbed down.

There is an 'improvements thread' which it frequently feels like is ignored and neglected (manpower is a huge issue in this, I am aware) because there's a jillion great ideas in it.

For example:

New businesses - for example players running the advertising and production aspects of the events, fuck even logistics/supply chain management of stuff which factors in the jets and so forth.

Properties

Retired fighters/sparbots which can earn salaries from gyms or private fighters

Greater ranged of the existing products and their effects

Whatever else you good folk think of.

• Upvote 2