Fighter hostage in org

Tracers

So linked below I will include a fighter of mine in hostage. I picked this guy up about a week ago and sent messages to the org owner saying I wanted released, to buy out contract, or that if his org did reviews/previews I would stay I even sent him a question on to who I could face. But after not getting any response I want out. Anyways, it's been about a week and still no response. And I see he has been online

It looks like he talked the manager before to sign a bigger contract before putting onto the FA list.

I will delete the fighter and org until a concrete conclusion is drawn.

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to post. I keep in touch and keep up with managers in the org I own. So if you're going to say ''Why not finish the contract and etc'' forget it because I do not wish to participate in an org with a org owner who makes no such efforts. Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Have you tried a second message? I get that you waited a week and you should have a reply but maybe he made some mistake and thought he had replied but was mistaken or he could have made an error in overlooking the message if he had received a lot of mesages that required some attending to that day. I understand that it can be frustrating but it might be a bit early to jump the gun.

Have you tried a second message? I get that you waited a week and you should have a reply but maybe he made some mistake and thought he had replied but was mistaken or he could have made an error in overlooking the message if he had received a lot of mesages that required some attending to that day. I understand that it can be frustrating but it might be a bit early to jump the gun.

Yes I sent like 3. But I have sent another along with to the others running the org. Will delete this message if he is released or if he replies. Just made this thread because managers should be called on this stuff. But as said if it is a simple mistake I'd obviously make sure it's known afterwards.

Very frustrating

well hopefully he replies and you can work things out but also on same hand it isnt right to pick up a free agent then just ask to be released -- i mean if your not happy with the contract the fighter had you should of thought twice about picking him up -- also demanding that they do write ups and reviews is little bit out there -- i know most like orgs that do that but again to request that or to release your guy is bit harsh -- you might of come off a little strong which might be one reason you have not gotten a response -- he was always good and easy to work with when he had is other org

• Upvote 2

Not sure about anyone else but FA's should be required to be released from contract if they wish. As you aren't the one who signed it. What if it was a horrible org that you would never have dealt with? I don't think people should be forced to deal with negligence.

That said, I have no problem with resigning or even fulfilling that contract, as long as that org is a org that is to my satisfaction. In my mind it is ridiculous to say that I should be forced to fight in an org I don't want to fight in. Or, in this matter and even worse, held hostage.

Call me crazy

• Downvote 6

Ok HG, here are a few things you seem to have missed.............

You have sent messages to org owner, but the owner has not signed in since January 23rd. You should try messaging a few Mike Forentino or Bradley Burns (the two guys basically running the org) about releasing your newly acquired fighter.

We all have to deal with the FA/contract situation when picking up free agents. This isn't something new and has been discussed several times and will more then likely not be changing anytime soon. Next time make sure you look into a guy's contract situation before deciding whether or not to try and pick him up.

• Upvote 1

Ok HG, here are a few things you seem to have missed.............

You have sent messages to org owner, but the owner has not signed in since January 23rd. You should try messaging a few Mike Forentino or Bradley Burns (the two guys basically running the org) about releasing your newly acquired fighter.

We all have to deal with the FA/contract situation when picking up free agents. This isn't something new and has been discussed several times and will more then likely not be changing anytime soon. Next time make sure you look into a guy's contract situation before deciding whether or not to try and pick him up.

I've sent messages to all three but not until recently have I sent messages to the other 2. So possibly this could be my problem. As said, messaged bradley burns and the org owner first. Just waiting for a response.

I've sent messages to all three but not until recently have I sent messages to the other 2. So possibly this could be my problem. As said, messaged bradley burns and the org owner first. Just waiting for a response.

I know one of them has been on recently (I have a fighter in CFC and received a fight offer two days ago), so just be a little patient.

Honestly in case for FA's I would like to see an option to exit contract immediately. As for regular contracts that may work but for another topic.

imagine now yourself being an org owner. You sign someone 50k/50k/50k contract, he gets sacked, someone pick him up and leaves for free? That's 50k gone.
  • Upvote 2

Honestly in case for FA's I would like to see an option to exit contract immediately. As for regular contracts that may work but for another topic.

The only problem is it would be too easy to "cheat the system" and steal money from orgs.

Yes but how are fighters being swapped? It takes like 15 days for FA's to even be signed. You have solid points I'd have to look into it further. Perhaps the option to buy out would be better but as I said I haven't looked into how things work completely.

15 days or not (it's really only 7 days), if you have two high ranking guys working together they could scam a ton of money out of orgs. Or if they won a FA pick up on the Spin and Win.

The guy is under contract, so before trying to sign you enquire about the possibility of release, if no, then leave well alone.

The fighter is under contract, that's the point of contracts, they lead to commitment.

it doesn't matter what YOU think of the org, the fighter signed the contract with his previous management team.

I think if you understood contracts you would not have posted, as this is a management game, trying to model itself on RL fighter management, so the org owner is in the right, and release is purely at his discretion.

• Upvote 3

I guess I do agree with contracts being met. I just see, like in my case, where the org owner isn't responding or making any effort.

I messaged him and told him I would ride out the contract and to give me a fight asap and to message me to let me know when that could happen and still haven't gotten a response. So not sure what to do

I guess I do agree with contracts being met. I just see, like in my case, where the org owner isn't responding or making any effort.

I messaged him and told him I would ride out the contract and to give me a fight asap and to message me to let me know when that could happen and still haven't gotten a response. So not sure what to do

In this situation with free agents it best to finish out the contract.I don't why your complaining it most likely a very good contract which you would not get anywhere else.Maybe the org owner int respond since you might have ticked him off about something you put in the message and he like feck this guy .If you really what to leave check your inactivity clause an if it over the time you can leave of your own free will.To check this click on contracts and scroll down to see the fighter which is effected

If you pick up a fighter, yes you can mail to get released. I have done it as have many other people, if the org owner says no or doesn't reply, you just finish out the contract and never sign any fighter with that org again because it doesn't meet your standards. You don't go and create a thread after a couple of days whining about the org claiming that you are being held hostage.

• Upvote 3

if i was burns, i would NOT release him. you shouldve looked at the contract before picking him up. but then again what use is it to have that fighter in the org. i dont blame him if he doesnt release you and honestly bc you pick up a FA doesnt give you the right to be released.

• Upvote 5

this thread has given me a headache RAINBOW ;)

I see what you did there lol what a GOON

You don't strike me as one whom I would consider humble or a gentleman. Riding out contracts sucks and require a lot of time and patience. Just remember to use your notepad and write down bad managers and orgs. Problem with mine is they leave and comeback with a different name.

• Upvote 1