Island Season 4

elpadre

You don't really know how big it is until you write like 200 previews in one day lmao :D

Who's it written for? Just the Tycoon Times? I could possibly help out if I finish mine in time

Who's it written for? Just the Tycoon Times? I could possibly help out if I finish mine in time

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to do it this time. It was fucking hell. I just did it for the forums but I'm sure we could get an entire edition of the Tycoon Times dedicated to it.

If you're up for it though you can pick a division or two and do like 2 lines for each of the fights in it (when the tournament's announced). The problem is, that might be 2 lines on 32 fights, or 1 line on 64 fighters....then the next 16 fights, then 8 fights, then 4 fights, then 2 fights...then the final. In other words, 63 fights in one division across a small time frame. I'm trying to scare you off so you know what to expect haha.

I might end up doing it, but it does take a good hour to do a division or two even with minimal expo.

• Upvote 1

Stumbled only once in the whole season, but it was at a time when I could least afford it. #2 HW on The Island, ended up with the Most Wins and the Most KO victories in Solitude also, but damn Scooby and Rod Black from taking that title from me near the end. Still, a 13-1 record is something I am delighted with, and hopefully I can keep the losses at 1 in the tournament.

Feel like I can do well in the tournament. There are a couple of guys I feel will be a tough challenge to get through, but when it comes down to the last four, whoever wins from that will be a deserving champ.

Edit: And before you ask Clydebankblitz, I am retiring Sephiroth straight to the Bahamas after the tournament :D

• Upvote 1

I ended up with 2 top 10 p4p Island fighters, both #1 in their weight class. The island experience kept me going as my interest in the game in general waned. I'm really looking forward to the playoffs. I like my chances at 155, but 205 is a loaded division.

You should probably continue such interest by signing with a certain Scottish themed org with your guys at the end of it :D

• Upvote 1

Pretty happy with how the season went. My fighters were doing ok, took a few losses but im confident in my HW's can do well in the tournament. And obviously Solitude ended up as top ranked Island org and finished at rank 11 worldwide, although Leftovers was top notch too. GL to everyone in the tournaments, should be very interesting.

• Upvote 1

You should probably continue such interest by signing with a certain Scottish themed org with your guys at the end of it :D

Wills for sure, I havent decided on Dahl yet. I think my gimmicky build will not be successful vs the fighters who got off the island last season and have had good gym training. Whomever I do keep will sit for a few months and try to catch up a little bit.

• Upvote 1

Ruslan (Is it Ruslan) lose to Kelle in his last fight on the Island :(. I didn't change his sliders but his previous manager knew his shit and he went 4-0 for me so I didnt want to fk it up now. Tough loss but he'll rebound.

@JLP yeah no problem. In a few months, he's still gonna be a solid as fuck 257k+ 25+ fighter haha. I'll throw you a contract for whoever you keep after the tournament anyways. I've got a couple of big guys who have sent me messages a few times wanting a month or two of training in after they lost a fight or something so I don't mind guys getting their fighter into a good position. If you've got the fighter slots at the end you could give him a shot. I'd probably keep Island guys around Island guys or newer guys for a fight or two. I know they'll have tonnes of hype but at the same time I don't want to farm the hype off of them, I want to kind of get an idea of who's able to beat what level before they actually take a step up. HG's 205 division is stacked (well, gimmick stacked) as well so he'd defo have a hard time of it when he rises up (that being said, Harry Holiday is 276k and 4-0 at LHW in HG after KOing a 258k guy so it's not impossible to be up there).

Any of you who wants to pitch in for previews of the tournament rounds, let me know. It's gonna be fucking hell but I might just do it for tradition's sake.

Sephiroth had an awesome run, unlucky with the single loss though. I guess Scooby's record get's to survive another season at least.

Ruslan (Is it Ruslan) lose to Kelle in his last fight on the Island :(. I didn't change his sliders but his previous manager knew his shit and he went 4-0 for me so I didnt want to fk it up now. Tough loss but he'll rebound.

Unlucky with your loss man, Razval was my kryptonite this season. Apart from a qfc loss, he was the only one to beat me.....twice goddamit lol. It was nice to even the odds a little in the final event though with Belle finally get some revenge :) The end of season tournament should be good.

I thought everybody fought and it was as long as how many people were in that weight class

The length is determined by how many people sign up. Cut off points are 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64.

Which basically means if 50 people signed up, the top 32 will be in the End of Season tournament while the remaining 18 won't make it, but if 64 sign up, then all will enter so it is an even amount of fights for everyone to the final.

And of course, by the top 32, I mean the top 32 in terms of their P4P Ranking.

I ended up with 2 top 10 p4p Island fighters, both #1 in their weight class. The island experience kept me going as my interest in the game in general waned. I'm really looking forward to the playoffs. I like my chances at 155, but 205 is a loaded division.

qft

i think Island is the main attraction to the game

especially for new players - it is the best place to start in MMA Tycoon