Island Season 4

elpadre

Brief News Update

The Island Season 4, 265 lbs., Round 1

What a round it was WOW! With every fight ending in Round one except two fights. All I can say is the fans got their money's worth.

Not one fight went to the judges 9 Submission, 12 TKO's and 10 big KO's! Now that’s what I call fighting.

Round one did have a few shockers none bigger than the Island's former pound for pound kingpin Sephiroth Jenova!

Jenova was only able to land one strike in two rounds.The number #2 seed was took out by Donatello Flaminio the #63 seed.

That has got to be the biggest upset in the history of the of the island tournament!

Performance of the night

Donatello Flaminio 4-2-0

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37w2.jpg

For his Rd 2 Submission (Americana) of Sephiroth Jenova 13-2-0

J.J Tycooner

• Upvote 1

Looks very exciting this year .petty my island fighter sucked and got sacked half way through the season.A good few shocks have to say the tournament board is very well set up .Grant fighter losing was a big shock .As the old island saying saying goes The pre tournament wins don't mean shit unless you win on the big stage /people only remember tournament winners.Maybe next reason restrict the number of divisions so they be a decent pool for the end of year tournament . Also i notice a lot of the big name managers or still scare to compete on the island which is a shame

• Upvote 1

Bantamweight: Nothing unexpected at all. Two solid fights left but you have to predict Ove Vs Piston for the final.

Featherweight: Big surprise with Yuta Wakabayashi going on early. Darth Mauler, Count Chocula, Hannu Haapana and Patrick Seery remain.

Lightweight: Hugo Jiminez has beat Fred Aslop and IB Strokin, solid run so far. Wilson Willis Vs Glorious Superior still on track.

Welterweight: WHAT?!?!? Chevie Case keeps General Tso's Island undefeated legacy alive. Fernardu Palmier submitted in the first round, making his record move to 17-1. Crazy. We saw some good fights out this round at 170 but the main players are still in, Palmier excluded.

Middleweight: Nothing really surprising but some good fighters gone.

Light Heavyweight: Number 1 seed Gabriel Dahl out, but Roberto Boucher is a solid fighter regardless. Lot of fantastic records still in this division but we lost some really good fighters such as Dahl, Shoei Brazi and Emil Cioran.

Heavyweight: Couple of good fights dropped but all the favourites winning. Donatello Flaminio is still in there, I love this guy! His manager's not even active haha.

Super Heavyweight: Paulo Lazaro might not have had the best Island season, but he's in the semi finals. His brother won the Heavyweight tournament last year, can Lazaro keep the family tradition going strong?

• Upvote 2

Nice win for Count :).... Now who do I face next?

-goes to look-

tumblr_inline_mk8qul9JX81qz4rgp.gif

Damn, Darth Mauler rematch already....

- deep breath -

Very well...

http://media.giphy.com/media/PuWNMebKGIKNG/giphy.gif

• Upvote 5

Tweaked my strategy for Razval a little bit and it paid off big time. I've seen quite a good GnP lose to fellow GnP guys cause they struggle off their back so I wanted to make sure I was landing some punches, trying to counter the takedowns and maybe catching him off guard with the clinch and taking him down from there. Big fights from this point on. Bit disappointed Razval couldnt be the one to dethrone Palmier but Case is the next best fight.

ROUND 3 ROUND UP

BANTAMWEIGHT: Arturo Alvarado puts a spanner in the decider between Ove and Piston with a submission with just seconds to go despite being down on the cards. Wow.

FEATHERWEIGHT: Another massive favourite down. An absolutely crazy fight which Darth Mauler appeared to be up on two score cards after the second round, rocking Chocula. Count came back in the third to rock Mauler, and it went to the decision. Count took it and the crowd was split. Insane fight. Other 3 favourites won.

LIGHTWEIGHT: Another nuts fight, similar to Alvarado / Piston but with the underdog dominating the fight. Hugo Jimenez was battering Wilson Wills, but Wills came back with a final round armbar to keep the final with Glorious Superior on.

WELTERWEIGHT: All 4 favourites won, but Razval was so close to being stopped against Zadimus Delacroix. Keto Belle was the only one who outright dominated their fight. Great round of action.

Why are we still waiting for the others?

• Upvote 2