Changes to Gym needed?

Right now, 1 non-private gym available in Hilo, and it's $1000.

Is the gym model as it stands profitable to own a gym?

Why aren't there more open gyms?

• Upvote 2

yep people can make profit on public gyms .

People rather have private gyms for themselves and alliance so they can get the best training .Cant have that if it is public.

I posted in the improvement section to get rid of cap on charges since there a lot of money in game but people shot down the idea.I yo got rid of cap gym owner would have more money to hire better coaches and more of then

I think the training keeps people from making public gyms... you have a choice you can turn a small profit or you can privatize and make better fighters... the managers that have played for awhile dont need to make small profits so most gyms will be made for their own fighters... Soon all public gyms will be no more attractive than a cozad.

Yes changes to Public gyms are needed.

yeah this is a very tricky issue. always open to hearing solutions.

There has been some great and bad ideas in the past and the discussions have flurished in many ways but they tend to derail because we, the community, don't know what type of framework we have to work with. It would help a lot if we knew what we could work with. What is an absolut no no and what do you prefer to keep and what things could be open for discussion. If you just could lay down some ground rules as to what you are looking for, I'm sure there will be plenty of ideas

for instance.; Are you willing change the effectiveness of class sizes? Are you open to allowing a limited version of gyms being created by non vips. The coaches points, will you consider puping up the number?

The more specific rules you can give us the better the feed back will be. This is a big issue for anyone not owning a gym, which makes interesting for a lot of people. I myself enjoy thinking about how the gyms could be improved but it's a very time consuming task and it's nice to know that the effort might actually led to something good.

• Upvote 3

Two possible solutions:

#1 Raise gym caps significantly. If this was done, people could offer acceptable training while making a profit.

or

#2 Allow people who run a public gym to also run a second business. This would encourage owners who have a profitable business to be able to open a quality public gym as a form of charity without losing their source of income.

• Upvote 2

I run a pseudo public gym.. 19 are my fighters.. rest are public. Some of the classes get a bit too busy but it's also nice having good sparring sessions.

Currently 2 is the fullest you want any class to be.. maybe make that 4? From 1 to 4 in a class you get full... 5 and higher is diminishing returns (much like 3 currently).

• Upvote 2

Currently 2 is the fullest you want any class to be.. maybe make that 4? From 1 to 4 in a class you get full... 5 and higher is diminishing returns (much like 3 currently).

That would actually work really well. If four people could train with a coach without diminishing returns, that essentially doubles the number of people who can train in a gym, and doubles the potential income for gym owners without hurting quality of training.

• Upvote 2

Have coaches cost less in public gyms and more in private ones.

Then public ones wouldnt need 100 fighters to make a buck and the class sizes could be smaller, thus making them viable to run and train in.

Private ones should still be better. With the current economic situation, there is likely no easy fix other than to let all vips run a public gym without it costing them a gym slot. Doing that, i am sure you would see quite a few open up, thus giving the general public better training without massive changes

• Upvote 1

I'd be happy to change class size effectiveness / coach skills etc. Not keen on non VIPs owning gyms.

I'd like to see this the higher numbers that can train with a coach without diminishing returns

It would b a good start to work from in my opinion

Except that noobs cant even afford $1000/wk

Would be better to make public gyms half as expensive

Noobs would ask more from org owners, org owners would spend more money on people, and orgs wont be the money printers as they are now.

I'm a noob (finishing my first month now) I got VIP and opened a gym, after doing so I spoke to quite a few veterans of the game, all explaining how hard it is running gyms (successfully). It is very hard just to get the numbers, and impossible to attract new members with the facilities I can afford. I wouldn't have even got this far without the assistance of the Noob Fund.

If anyone fancies helping out a newish manager, come join Parko Ludus Top Team in St Petersburg...

Also didn't help that there wasn't a single gym with vacancies in St P when I first opened, now there is about 6!! That's why I rushed into it, thought there was a better market for my gym.

Anyway, not sure how releventthis is, but just thought I'd add to the difficulties of starting up a gym, especially as a new player.

DJ

I'm a noob (finishing my first month now) I got VIP and opened a gym, after doing so I spoke to quite a few veterans of the game, all explaining how hard it is running gyms (successfully). It is very hard just to get the numbers, and impossible to attract new members with the facilities I can afford. I wouldn't have even got this far without the assistance of the Noob Fund.

If anyone fancies helping out a newish manager, come join Parko Ludus Top Team in St Petersburg...

Also didn't help that there wasn't a single gym with vacancies in St P when I first opened, now there is about 6!! That's why I rushed into it, thought there was a better market for my gym.

Anyway, not sure how releventthis is, but just thought I'd add to the difficulties of starting up a gym, especially as a new player.

DJ

I'm gonna send you 100K to help you keep it open for a while

• Upvote 2