Insanity's Mad Cash Tournament

Beck

ID Restriction  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What ID restriction do you want to join the tournament?

• I will only join if the ID restriction is 215k+
    • I will only join if the ID restriction is 220k+
    • I will join regardless the ID restriction (215K+ being the lowest)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1432728239MadCashGifPoster.gif

Mad Cash Tournament

155lbs Division

It’s time to kick off the Insanity’s Mad Cash Tournament! This is the very first round of the tournament that will make some very rich. In this preview we will be taking a look at the card for the 155lbs side of the tournament. On this specific card There are 8 tournament fights and 2 extra heavyweight bouts. All fights are 3 rounds with each round being 5 minutes. Before we have a look at the card, take a look at the brackets for the 155lbs division so you can get an idea of who’s facing who and what future match ups might be.

http://embed.gyazo.com/82824c76bad083b9100b8320fce1e490.png

Konrad Husky v Boyko Kersikov

Fight One: 155lbs Mad Cash Tournament fight

We start of the card with a fight between Husky and Kersikov. Husky has a record of 8-6-0 and has proven he is a mixed martial artists by showing good striking and a good ground game, earning himself 5 (T)KO wins and 2 submission wins out of the 8 total wins. One could say the ground game might also be the one area he needs to improve a little one, seeing as he lost 3 times via submission. Another worthy note is that Husky is with his 4th management team, and has gone 1-1 under his latest management. Kersikov is a true striker through and through, raking in a record of 4-1-0. Getting 4 (t)KO wins in a row. He has been untested on the ground I’d say, with one exception early on in his career. Though the ground on the time was not enough to get a good grasps on his grappling.

Husky has a high level of striking, having both sensational Boxing and Muay Thai. Besides his striking he has exceptional Wrestling and is a Brown Belt in BJJ. Even though Husky has the higher level striking, he seemed to prefer to take the fight to the ground in recent fights while under his new management. He had been unable to finish the fights, and only won one of them. Husky is credited to be a cardio machine, and thus might take a chance on the ground again with Kersikov due to his superior BJJ belt. And in all honesty, the ground game would be his best chance against a dangerous striker like Kersikov.

Kersikov is a striker, a very dangerous striker. He has Elite Muay Thai and sensational Boxing. To go with that, he also has exceptional wrestling and holds a Purple Belt in BJJ. Kersikov recently made his debut with Insanity, taking on a boxer. Kersikov seems to soften up his opponents in the first round, then to finish strong in the 2nd. His last 3 fights all ended by TKO in the 2nd round, and that is something to worry about for Husky. Just as Husky, Kersikov is in possession of high cardio, but the real question is, does he have the takedown defense and ground game to stop Husky to work his game plan?

Prediction: Kersikov by TKO in the 2nd round

Mateus Gracie v Mike Allen

Fight Two: 155lbs Mad Cash Tournament fight

The next fight is going to be an interesting one, striker vs grappler. Allen, the striker, has a record of 10-9-0. It seems that recently his career is on the downside, with 4 losses in a row, of which the last 3 were all finishes. His wins are made off 5 (T)KO wins and 5 decisions. We are pretty positive Allen will keep the fight standing, but will he be able too against Gracie? Gracie is a grappler with some striking, but with 6 submission wins on his 9-2-0 record we can be pretty sure what he will try to do. Gracie is with his 3rd management group and has gone 3-0 with them. It seems the chemistry is there, but is that enough to avoid the strikes from Allen?

Even though Allen his career seems to not going to well, he still possesses KO power. And we all know, all it takes is one solid shot to get the win. Allen has sensational Boxing and superb Muay Thai, to go with that he has exceptional wrestling and a Purple Belt in BJJ. Allen is a dirty boxer, he trusts in his punches and never goes for the kicks. He does use the clinch, but seems to prefer to throw haymakers at his opponents as seen in his last fight. I reckon Allen should focus more on landing instead of looking for the kill with every single punch he throws. Soften his opponent up and then finish strong.

Gracie seems to be in luck, as he seems to be able to take a punch. He is trained in striking rather well himself, having both his boxing and Muay Thai at wonderful, with his wrestling at exceptional and most impressive, a Black Belt in BJJ. What could provide a problem for Allen is the fact that Gracie does utilize kicks in striking. He is looking to slow down his opponents and then get the takedown to work his superior BJJ. If Gracie is able to get this fight to the ground there is no doubt in my mind he will be able to finish Allen.

Prediction: Gracie by submission in the 3rd round.

Norman Parke v Eight Twentythree

Fight Three: 155lbs Mad Cash Tournament fight

Norman Parke is an Insanity veteran, and former champion in the 155lbs division. He has shown the world he has what it takes to fight at the top and got himself a 10-4-0 record, but Twentythreee is no joke. Even though his career is just starting, he has racked up a nice 4 fight win streak, which also concludes his record of 4-0-0. Twentythree is under new management for this tournament, but we have no doubt he will still be able to do well in this match against Parke.

Parke is a good striker, with Wonderful boxing and superb Muay Thai. It is impressive to note that he has sensational wrestling and holds a Black Belt in BJJ, but he has never won a fight by submission. It seems that Parke is just an oldschool brawler, loving to trade punches and looking for that Knock Out. But could we see him try a new approach against Twentythree here and do the unexpected? He is the superior grappler here on paper, but who knows how far his knowledge truly goes in the art of grappling. I hope that Parke will focus more on landing shots in the fight, and keeps using those kicks to slow down his opponent.

Twentythree seems to be the better striker out of the two, having exceptional boxing and sensational Muay Thai. He does have wonderful wrestling and a Purple Belt in BJJ, but let’s not kid ourselves and think he will take the fight to the ground. Twentythree mixes up his striking rather nice, utilizing both punches and kicks. Which could provide a challenge for Parke, as Twentythree works in body kicks and head kicks next to the leg kicks. But perhaps the inexperience here may play a factor, its not every day that you get to face a former champion this early on in your career.

Prediction: Parke by Decision

Dickie Dirty v Logan Sackett

Fight Four: 155lbs Mad Cash Tournament fight

In the fourth fight of the evening we see Dicky Dirty taking on Insanity veteran and former 155lbs champion Logan Sackett. Dicky is an experienced fighter, scraping together a record of 10-1-0. He will need that experience when he takes on Sackett, who’s record stands at 12-4-0. Both fighters seem pretty identical so this will provide for a very entertaining fight. Most people will put their money on Sackett, but lets not count out Dirty before going over the stats.

Dirty is a true mixed martial artist, having his boxing and Muay Thai at exceptional, as well as his wrestling. He also holds a Black Belt in BJJ. Dirty seems comfortable no matter where the fight ends up in, but it seems he scores most points in the stand up. He offers a variety of offense and that will keep his opponent guessing for sure in the fight that is coming up. I believe he will mix it up against Sackett, looking to take away his speed and cardio and looking for a finish on the ground.

Sackett has the heart of a champion, but in his past few bouts it has been a mixed bag of results. He will be taking on a tough fighter in Dirty, but with sensational boxing, exceptional Muay Thai, sensational wrestling and a brown belt in BJJ, he has a very good shot at getting the win. The question however is, which Sackett will be stepping into the cage? He shown his dominance in the past, but since losing the belt it has not gone his way most of the time. Sackett most likely will keep the fight standing as he does not seem too comfortable on the ground. But will it be enough against Dirty who is also a good striker?

Prediction: Sackett by decision

Antoni Hong v Beaver Hardwood

Fight Five: 155lbs Mad Cash Tournament fight

The recently crowed Insanity 155lbs champion, Antoni Hong is taking on Beaver Hardwood in this match up. Hong is a dangerous fighter, and so in his career has not been finished once despite losing 3 times. His full record stands at 8-3-0 and is currently enjoying a 4 fight win streak with wins over two time Insanity champion Jingle Jingle and former champion Logan Sackett. Beaver Hardwood however is no joke. Some would count him out, but with a 4 fight win streak with finishes in the 1st round, you know this guy possesses the power to end the match at any time. Not just that, his record is 9-4-0, so he has had plenty of fight experience so far, but this is the first time he takes on a champion – granted in a non-title fight.

The champion does seem to be favourite in this fight, and I got a feeling that it is because of him having sensational boxing, muay thai and wrestling, while also having a BJJ Black Belt. The black belt might be just for defensive purposes, so far it seems each time Hong takes the fight to the ground, he prefers to use ground and pound. I am not sure if he will take the fight to the ground against Hardwood, but it would not be a bad decision. The striking of Hong is very solid, and mixes it up nice with punches and kicks. But seeing as hardwood would be most dangerous in the stand up, trying to use his BJJ superiority might not be a bad idea.

Hardwood has a BJJ Purple Belt, alongside wonderful wrestling and exceptional in both boxing and Muay Thai. He is with his 2nd management team and thus far have proven to be a great combination with the 4 fight win streak. However, this is the first time they are facing a black belt – which could potentially stop the streak. If Hardwood is able to work his striking game as well as his previous fights, I could see an upset here. As long the fighter and manager keep morale up, I can see them do very well. But will it be well enough to beat the current Insanity champion?

Prediction: Hong by (T)KO in the 2nd round

Yushin Yamamoto v Timothy Robinson

Fight Six: 155lbs Mad Cash Tournament fight

This most likely will end up in a grappling contest – both Yamamoto and Robinson are experienced BJJ fighters, both holding a black belt. Yamamoto has only got 2 sub wins on his 6-2-1 record though, while Robinson has racked up an impressive 11 submission wins on his 12-4-2 record. Let’s have a look at the other stats of both fighters and make our prediction.

Yushin sure looks like an elite grappler, that goes easy with elite wrestling and a BJJ Black Belt, but he also has exceptional boxing and Muay Thai. He has not shown to much of this in previous fights, but it could be something that could provide a challenge for Robinson, given Yamamoto has takedown defense.. because if one thing is for sure, there is going to be quite a few takedown attempts. Yamamoto most likely will make this a grappling contest and hope he gets a submission before his opponent does, but he should really think about softening his opponent up with striking, zap some energy and speed from him and a submission should come easier.

For Robinson, the ground game is his safest bet to have an equal chance of winning because in the striking department I’d say he lacks just a bit too much compared to Yamamoto on paper. He has remarkable boxing, proficient Muay Thai, with exceptional wrestling and a BJJ Black Belt. He has shown a bit of boxing before, but the ground game is where it is at for Robinson. In case you missed it; 11 submission wins. This guy knows his BJJ, and has the experience to back it up. If Robinson is able to get the fight down, and let’s be honest, the fight is going to the ground, I’d give him the best chances on the ground. He may not have as high wrestling as Yamamoto, but it seems there is more than meets the eye with his BJJ skills.

Prediction: Robinson by submission in the 3rd round

Chad Didion v Kang Xi Jia

Fight Seven: 155lbs Mad Cash Tournament fight

Chad Didion, 11-5-0 , meets Kan Xi Jia, 12-2-0 in this match of the tournament. Both guys got a good bit of fights on their names and seem to have build up a good reputation as martial artists. Didion seems like a heavy striker, but I believe Jia does have what it takes to neutralize the striking. Let’s have a look at their stats.

Didion has wonderful boxing, superb Muay Thai, and sensational wrestling to go with his BJJ Brown Belt. Even though he has the sensational wrestling, it seems Didion gets by with just his striking ability. He mixes it up really well and implements all tools he has in his fights when it comes to that area. I see him as a brawler, loving to just stand and bang with his opponents until one of them drops. I got no idea if he will change that up against Jia, but I doubt it. I think will try to go aggressive and look for an early finish here. And hey, who can blame him?

Well Jia probably could, because he is no joke in the striking department. Xia brings exceptional boxing and Muay Thai to the table, while also being a sensational wrestler and having a BJJ Brown Belt. Jia has won by submission in the past, so we know he will not just rely on his striking like Didion. I am curious to see how Jia will do against an aggressive striker like Didion. In his past 5 fights he faced a few dangerous guys, but 4 of those 4 fights went to decision. Given, he won all fights so I don’t think Jia is losing sleep over the power of Didion and will work his game plan like usual.

Prediction: Jia by decision.

Flex Plexico v William King

Fight Eight: Heavyweight Fight

Time for a different weightclass! And what a step up it is, we are going from the lightweights to the heavyweights, and the first fight we got is between Plexico and King. Plexico has a record of 14-6-0 and King his record stands at 10-3-0. Both men are heavy hitters, but King does seem to have a solid ground game. It’s going to be a war between these two and I don’t see it going out the first.

Plexico has solid stats with wonderful boxing, Muay Thai and wrestling, and holding a Brown Belt in BJJ. He started out his Insanity career with a title shot, which he lost via decision. Since then his record has been a mixed bag really, a few wins, few losses, but one thing that is for sure is that Plexico packs a punch. And that power he has will probably be his key to victory. If he works his usual game, he should have a decent shot at getting the win here over King.

King however is the favourite to win on paper, having sensational boxing, exceptional Muay Thai and wrestling, alongside a BJJ Black Belt. William King has been with Insanity for a long time, also fought for the championship, in a losing effort. However he has come strong in his last match and had been on a roll prior to the loss. I reckon he is motivated again to get a shot at the title again in the near future and will be looking to make quick work of his fight with Plexico.

Prediction: King by (T)KO in the 1st round

Co-main Event

Macho Randy v Roosevelt Coleman

Heavyweight Fight

In the co-main event of the evening, we have another heavyweight bout and this time it is between Macho Randy and Roosevelt Coleman. Much like the other heavyweight fight, I highly doubt that this fight will go out of the first round but would not be surprised if it did go to a 2nd round finish. Both men always seem to look for the kill, Randy has a record of 6-1-0 with 5 TKO wins on there, while Coleman has a record of 12-5-1 with 12 TKO wins. I think we can agree that this is one where you do not want to blink.

Randy has some good stats, with exceptional boxing and Muay Thai, and remarkable wrestling and a BJJ Brown Belt. I am sure that Randy will be looking to be the aggressor in the fight, because Coleman does have the edge in the striking department, but catching him off guard and rushing him may be the key to victory; not letting him get a chance to get off with his striking. But what will Randy do? A win here would be amazing for him and sure put him towards the top of the division.

Coleman his stint with Insanity has been 2-2-0 so far, only losing against former champions thus far. With sensational boxing, Muay Thai and wrestling, and a brown belt in BJJ, he has what it takes to get the championship gold eventually. But before he can dream about that, he will need to take care of the up and comer Randy first. Coleman always brings an entertaining fight, and with his 12 TKO wins you know this fight is not going to the judges. I think once Coleman warmed up and is able to get his striking going, he will emerge victorious.

Prediction: Coleman by TKO in the 2nd round.

Main Event

Sigurd Lodbrok v Tyroil Smoochie Wallace

155lbs Mad Cash Tournament fight

The final match of the evening, and what a fight it is! We have two very popular fighters here taking eachother on in the main event. Sigurd Lodbrok has a record of 10-5-0 and is going to bring the heat when he steps into the cage with Tyroil Smoochie Wallace. Wallace has a record of 15-5-0 and may be considered as a potential winner of the tournament. Both these guys prefer the standup over the ground game, so I reckon we are going to see a KO in this match up! So lets have a look at what these beasts bring to the fight.

Lodbrok is a world class boxer, having sensational boxing, alongside wonderful Muay Thai – on the grappling department he has strong wrestling and a BJJ Purple Belt. The grappling of Lodbrok could be seen as something to exploit by Wallace, but so far in his career Lodbrok has seem to do just fine. If Lodbrok can work his standup, use that sensational boxing, I reckon Wallace is in a lot of trouble. Lodbrok possesses the KO power every striker dreams about, and most fear as well about their opponent. But Lodbork is not a one trick pony, he implements kicks in his game plan too – which will defiantly take away some speed from anyone in front of him. But will his striking be enough against Wallace?

It could be enough, clearly. You never know in MMA, but Wallace has exceptional boxing and Muay Thai, and more impressively he has sensational wrestling and a BJJ Black Belt. Wallace has been to the ground before and worked some ground and pound. I reckon if Wallace plays it smart, he should try to get the fight to the ground at some point because there is a significant difference in skills there that he can exploit. But that is easier said than done considering all fights start standing up, so it is a good thing Wallace brings in a high level in striking still. The diversity that Wallace brings to the fight will be interesting to see, especially how Lodbrok will deal with it. This is going to be a tough fight to predict, but I have too..

Prediction: Wallace by KO in the 3rd round

-----------------------------------

-------------------

----

Been out of the writing game for a while, so I hope it was sort of enjoyable for you guys.

Good luck in all the fights tonight!

• Upvote 1

INSANITY

185lbs Mad Cash Tournament

Round 1

Live from the King Theatre in Los Angeles!

Good evening ladies and madmen, and welcome to Insanity’s preview for the first round of their Mad Cash tournament, for the 185lbs division! Following on from the success of the Mad Hatter tournament, the Mad Cash tournament is going to be even bigger, and with a host of big names involved, promises to be one of the tournaments of the year! So without further ado, let’s begin!

Fight #1

DeBo Train (J.J Media) 2-3-0

vs

Lionel Santos (Frank Cross) 10-2-0

The first fight in the tournament has (according to Mickey “I give horrible odds” Hart) 12/1 DeBo Train taking on 5/1 Lionel Santos

DeBo Train is 2-3-0 in his MMA career so far, having gone 1-1-0 under previous manager Jonah King, he was picked up by J.J Media and has gone through a turbulent start with his new management. A record of 1-2-0 shows they having gotten everything in place yet, but they may feel a tournament is just the way to show what they can do. He is well rounded, but it is clear he prefers to fight on his feet, as he has shown no clinch offense or ground offense so far.

Lionel Santos is a well known grinder in MMA, and he knows what he needs to do to win. Having won 7 fights via decision, he has also displayed the ability to get a TKO with well timed strikes. He was 7-0 under previous manager Joe Smith, and is 3-2 currently under Frank Cross, pretty good considering how some careers get messed up due to a change in management. His overall ability is solid, and will cause a number of problems for Train in this fight.

Prediction: Lionel Santos to win via Unanimous Decision

Fight #2

John Dillinger (Harry Bagofdonuts) 6-1-0

vs

Pera Pulkkinen (Jorma Oltsu) 8-1-0

This next fight in the tournament has 5/1 John Dillinger taking on 4/1 Pera Pulkkinen.

John Dillinger is one of the favourites for this tournament, but he is coming up against another favourite in the first round. He has thunderous KO power, with all of his wins coming via KO in the first round, with the longest lasting under 3 mins. His only loss has come via Unanimous Decision, showing Dillinger has a warrior’s spirit, and has all the necessities to be a top fighter. Starting his career at just 16, he is still young at 23, and could set himself up for a great career with a tournament victory.

Pera Pulkkinen is just ahead of Dillinger on the favourites list, and he is currently riding a 5 fight win streak, the last fight of which on Fight of the Night honours in TTFC. He has a slight advantage in Boxing and Wrestling, with his opponent gaining the upperhand in Muay Thai. He has also demonstrated the ability to take fights into the later rounds, and will not be fearful of being dragged into the deep end.

Prediction: Pera Pulkkinen to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #3 - Non Tournament Fight

Sharky Shark (Marky Mark) 5-5-0

vs

John Paul Wani (G Wad) 5-0-0

A special guest fight in the tournament is a Heavyweight fight pitting Shark Shark taking on John Paul Wani.

Sharky Shark is in a bit of a rut in his career, going 5-5 so far and still looking to find a solid patch of form. He has won 4 fights via (T)KO, and not losing yet to a KO. He will be tested roughly against a solid fighter here, but a win could launch him and allow him to finally go on a decent run and get to the upper levels of the division.

John Paul Wani is still undefeated in MMA, and was 5 wins on his record. With 4 of his wins via (T)KO, he has the power to get to anyone, and his elite boxing is his go to weapon here, as he is outskilled in the other 3 styles. He gives up a small bit of height to his opponent, but their weights are almost identical, so this fight will come down to a game of sliders.

Prediction: John Paul Wani to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #4

Chan Sung Aoki (Scooby Ali) 5-5-0

vs

Sam Hall (Scott Davies) 7-2-0

Continuing on with a Mad Cash clash now as 8/1 Chan Sung Aoki takes on 12/1 Sam Hall.

Chan Sung Aoki is 5-5-0 in his MMA career so far, but he is on a 3 fight losing streak at the minute. You have to be aware though that his last loss was against a much more experienced fighter, so this shows he is willing to take on any challenge put in front of him. He has some good KO power, and has yet to be finished by KO in any fight. He has the edge in training and experience over his opponent, so it will be interesting to see if he can make it count.

Sam Hall is the youngest fighter in the tournament, at just 21 years of age. Despite that, he has racked up an impressive 7-2-0 record, and will be entering the tournament under a new manager in Scott Davies. This is his 4th manager, and he has suffered 2 losses in his previous 2 fights. He will be looking to prove he hasn’t lost it, and show that he isn’t to be underestimated.

Prediction: Chan Sung Aoki to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #5

Charles Grace (Gale Hawthorne) 6-5-0

vs

Vlad Putin (Ivan Drago) 8-1-0

The next fight of the tournament has 5/1 Charles Grace taking on 10/1 Vlad Putin.

Charles Grace is a well rounded fighter, who has not been on the good end of a number of judges decisions in his career. Winning 4 fights via (T)KO, he has seen 6 of his 11 fights go to a decision, of which he has lost 4 times. He is managed by Gale Hawthorne, who at the time of writing is the #4 Ranked manager in the game. He has a good mind behind his sliders, so don’t be surprised to see him rack up multiple wins in this tournament.

Vlad Putin is not as well rounded as Grace, as he relies mainly on his Boxing and BJJ to win him fights. With 4 wins via (T)KO and 2 more via Submission, with his single loss in his career coming against Kang Xi Jia, which is the calibre of fighter he will need to overcome if he hopes to achieve glory for the motherland in this tournament.

Prediction: Charles Grace to win via (T)KO in Round 1

Fight #6

Lance Legstrong (Severo Del Bosque) 9-6-0

vs

Donnie Felterbush (Bear Stevenson) 7-4-0

Ground fighting at it’s finest now as 9/1 Lance Legstrong takes on 8/1 Donnie Felterbush.

Lance Legstrong is a dangerous grappler who has gained 6 of his 9 wins (Don’t think dirty you people) via Submission...It doesn’t help does it? Since being sacked by Rory Daly, he was then signed up by Severo Del Bosque, who signed him to Troid where he has gone 4-5 so far. He can be dangerous against any fighter he comes up against, but his main weakness is his striking which is a bit lacklustre. With rumours flying that he is close to earning his Red Belt, he will need to show off his ability in this bout to progress.

Donnie Felterbush has jumped around a few orgs, spending time at BEEF and CFC before he moved to Epicity. He won his last fight in Epicity before signing up to this tournament, in a fight that won Fight of the Night honours. He has Elite Wrestling and a Brown Belt, but he will need to be wary of taking it to the ground due to his opponent’s ability there. He may look to keep it standing, where he holds a slight advantage, and can do the most damage.

Prediction: Donnie Felterbush to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #7

Octavio Saades (Louie DePalma) 11-1-0

vs

Lard Pecs (Mickey Hart) 5-6-0

This next fight features heavy favourite 4/1 Octavio Saades taking on 14/1 outsider Lard Pecs.

Octavio Saades is a dangerous fighter, having lost only one fight in his whole career. He has won his last 5 fights, with his last fight coming against fellow Mad Cash competitor Pika Chu. He throws a good mix of strikes, constantly making his opponent guess what he is planning next, and allow him to take advantage of any holes his opponents games might have.

Lard Pecs has a rounded game that is still below the level of other competitors in the tournament. His MMA career is sandwiched between his two spells in KT, and he is now back in MMA hoping to make a name for himself. He has never been KO’ed, but has gained 4 KO wins in his career, so even if he may seem like a lucid threat, Saades will still need to be careful or he may be in for a rude awakening...Literally!

Prediction: Octavio Saades to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #8 - Non Tournament Fight

Steve Belliveau (James Listerman) 13-5-0

vs

The Beast (Dom Jaehnke) 6-4-0

Another break from the tournament before the Co-Main and Main events as debutant Steve Belliveau takes on The Beast.

Steve Belliveau is a hugely experienced fighter, having competed in BEEF, WarZone and MFN, he has signed to Insanity, and is making his debut in this fight. With deadly KO power, he has achieved 11 of his 13 wins via (T)KO as well as displaying a sturdy chin. He won his last fight over Harland Sanders, and will be looking to make a push for the championship and show he is the best around.

The Beast is a bit of an enigma. He appears to have not been training for while, but is still ready to go for this fight. He has Elite wrestling to go with his Black Belt, with his weak point being his striking which isn’t as impressive. Despite this, he is currently on a 2 fight winning streak, and will be looking to show the new guy the ropes with a win.

Prediction: Steve Belliveau to win via (T)KO in Round 1

CO-MAIN FIGHT

Sponsored by GBK16’s Writings

Fight #9

Fernand Mondego (Joe Kingpin) 4-0-0

vs

Pika Chu (Grant Brophy) 14-5-0

Our next fight of the tournament, and the co-main event of the evening, sees 14/1 Fernand Mondego taking on 12/1 Pika Chu.

Fernand Mondego is an interesting fighter. With no fights outside the QFC, he has a 4-0 perfect record, and will be looking to make his name in this tournament. With little to no striking to speak of, he relies on his wrestling and purple belt to get the job done for him, utilising a slick Ground and Pound offense. This will be his toughest test so far, and will be where he sees if he can cut it in a competitive environment.

Pika Chu is a classic Sprawl and Brawler, racking up a 14-5 record which has seen him earn all of his wins via (T)KO. He lost his last fight, and his debut in Insanity, to Octavio Saades, but has said that he knows how he lost, and is working on improving himself. He has a record of being able to strike with anyone, but his one weakness is his opponents strength, as his BJJ isn’t as good as his other skills. Nevertheless, with his opponents lack of striking, he should feel pretty confident of being able to get at his opponents chin.

Prediction: Pika Chu to win via (T)KO in Round 1

MAIN EVENT

Sponsored by DC Unrivaled, the official clothing partner of Insanity

Fight #10

Nolan Sackett (Barnabas Sackett) 16-1-0

vs

JT Redman (Joe Lang) 15-5-1

Our main event has two superstars collide as Insanity champion and 3/1 tournament favourite Nolan Sackett takes on the least favourite 18/1 JT Redman.

Nolan Sackett is a true superstar in MMA. Going 16-1 so far, his sole loss was to Jackson Teller, a loss which he would immediately avenge in his following fight. Blistering KO power is backed up by a Granite Chin, and these are the ingredients that make him the tournament favourite. Oh, and then you throw in the fact he has Barnabas fricking Sackett for a manager and you would question the sanity of anybody that wouldn’t put him as the favourite for the tournament. He faces a solid striker in his first bout, and you can imagine he will have the perfect plan to win.

JT Redman was one of KT’s hottest names, before he decided to try his hand at MMA and jump in the deep end with this Mad Cash tournament. His Boxing and MT are all great, with his Wrestling and BJJ lacking due to his KT career. He has a 1-1 MMA record, and a 14-4-1 KT record, and a win here would be a huge shock, but it is something he is capable of. He just needs to keep the fight standing, and hope he can connect before he is dragged under.

Prediction: Nolan Sackett to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Well that’s it for the first round preview of the 185 section of the Mad Cash tournament. Be sure to check out the 155lbs preview written by John Hetfield, and I want to give one piece of advice to anybody out there thinking of being a writer.

Don’t do writing while you have a hangover...It sucks.

• Grant Brophy (GBK16)
  • Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14030102354337.jpg

Timothy "Red Dragon" Robinson (238177)

Congratulations to Yammamoto in taking me to a decision. I pride myself in fighting the best fighters and today it wasn't meant to be. I quite like it here in LA so i might hang around and make a name for myself in the Insanity cage. Good luck to the rest of the fighters. Fight hard because I'm coming for you.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14233180285980.jpg
Octavio Saades

Hard fought victory tonight, would have liked to see a finish however I knew I was up against a really tough opponent. Lard Pecs you kept coming tonight and have earned my respect. Now I am on to some steroid freak who likes to wear a bike helmet, which is a good thing because based on your history you are going to need all the help you can get your hands on. Let me say this now, Hetfield you better make sure Legstrong is tested prior to our upcoming encounter, his past is too shady to ignore!

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14289445908269.jpg

Dickie "The Dirt" Dirty

Big win for me to start of the tournament! Very happy about the fight against one of the favorites to win the show. I was the underdog going into the fight, but I proved my doubters wrong. It was an honor fighting you Logan Sackett and I wish you all the best in your career.

Now, I'm focusing on my next opponent, being Sigurd Lodbrok I assume, who won in spectacular fashion in his first round. Congrats on your win, but I'm aiming to take that hype of you and become a star myself !

• Upvote 2

The first fight in the tournament has (according to Mickey “I give horrible odds” Hart)

Man i can just feel the love from the forums today :) .O yeah one of sackets fighter lost.O baby i rolling in that 50k wooooooo.http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/If+u+pay+someone+enough+they+ll+say+what+ever+you+_578d8d132b446ac8355df8f0cf204bb9.jpg

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/9/9w10.jpg

Sigurd "Snake-In-The-Eye" Lodbrok (11-5)

Dickie Dirty, I feel sorry for you. You have the unfortunate honor of being my next victim.....

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14289445908269.jpg

Dickie "The Dirt" Dirty

I feel sorry for you. Working so hard to be famous only to be getting ripped of all your hype and popularity by this american hipster.

When you try to sport a beard, make sure it doesn't look like pubes on your chin. Mine is a piece of art and will recognised by UNESCO as world heritage on the 4th of June. I would invite you to let you see how real beards look like, but I'm afraid there is literally zero chance they'll let someone in looking like this:

Warning: don't look if you have a weak stomach

-

-

-

-

-

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002579815/502595991_1853185_f520_xlarge.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...