Insanity's Mad Cash Tournament

Beck

ID Restriction  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What ID restriction do you want to join the tournament?

• I will only join if the ID restriction is 215k+
    • I will only join if the ID restriction is 220k+
    • I will join regardless the ID restriction (215K+ being the lowest)

Insanity’s Mad Cash Tournament

Round 2

Good evening ladies and gentleman, and welcome to our preview for Round 2 of Insanity’s Mad Cash tournament! The first round nerves are out of the way, with some shocks occurring, and others living up to the hype. With 2 more events happening in 2 different cities, we will be going with what happens in chronological order, starting with…

185lbs division!

Live from the Credit Card Center in New York!

Results from the last round:

Lionel Santos def. DeBo Train via TKO (Strikes) in Round 1

Pera Pulkkinen def. John Dillinger via Submission (Kimura) in Round 1

Sam Hall def. Chan Sung Aoki via Unanimous Decision

Charles Grace def. Vlad Putin via KO (Punches) in Round 1

Lance Legstrong def. Donnie Felterbush via Submission (Kneebar) in Round 3

Octavio Saades def. Lard Pecs via Unanimous Decision

Pika Chu def. Fernand Mondego via KO (Punches) in Round 1

Nolan Sackett def. JT Redman via TKO (Strikes) in Round 3

Now, after a hell of a first round, we are beginning to separate the real fighters from the pretenders, and that continues here, so without further ado, let’s get right down to it!

Fight #1

(Written by John Hetfield)

Carson Battistoni (Uncle Lar) 7-5-0

vs

Dingus Datsik (Free Datsik) 1-1-0

The very first fight of this evening is a light-heavyweight bout, it seems unnecessary, but yes it is a non-tournament fight.

Carson Battistoni is dangerous boxer, he is one of the elite for sure. He has 3 wins and 1 lose with Insanity so far, out of his 7-5-0 record. I believe that Battistoni can make it far in Insanity, but I do hope he will start implementing a more well-rounded strategy for his fights. Adding a few kicks in the fights might make him an unstoppable force in the division. He has great punches, good KO power and the heart to keep on going. I reckon that against his opponent he will do well, but will it be enough to walk away as the winner?

Dingus Datsik is a new face to MMA and so far only fought once with Insanity in a winning effort, standing at a 1-1-0 record. He has a very solid striking game, one that might provide Battistoni with some trouble. Looking at both his fights so far, Dingus really mixes it up well, something his opponent has not really been doing. Dingus more than likely will take the points with that and that will come in handy if the fight goes the distance. But I honestly do not see that happen, so it’s a good thing that besides scoring points, he will also be damaging his opponent all over. It’s hard to say if he has the right skills to beat an experienced fighter like Battistoni, so this fight will be a great test for him, win or lose.

Prediction: Battistoni by TKO in the 2nd

Fight #2

Mike Allen (Mickey Hart) 10-10-0

vs

Justin Hunter (Jack LaBear) 8-5-0

A non-tournament lightweight fight is up next between two experienced fighters, Mike Allen and Justin Hunter.

Mike Allen was part of the 155lbs Mad Cash Tournament but got eliminated in the first round. However he is not going to let that set him back and is ready to get back in there and work his way to a W. He has the skills to do so, but with a 10-10-0 record you must wonder what is going on his head when he fights. Perhaps its just bad luck, who knows. I can only hope Allen is able to get a win again soon and end his 5 fight losing streak. He relies heavy on his boxing, and I would suggest to him to throw in a few more kicks to have a more diverse game plan, and hurting his opponent all over and keeping them guessing.

Justin Hunter has finally be let go of a strangle hold and has found himself a new management team. Hunter has some solid skills and will be able to make it far, and what better way to do so on a big stage like the Mad Cash tournament. Even though it’s a non-tourney fight, all eyes are on the card and he can do an impressive performance for tons of fans to see. Much like his opponent it seems that Hunter focuses on his boxing more than anything else. I would also advice him to implement kicks in his game plan. He would become a much more dangerous fighter and he might be raking in the wins once he does.

Prediction: Hunter by Decision

Fight #3

Alfredo Barbosa (Mike Hunt) 7-6-0

vs

Ashton Eaton (Jeff Richardson) 11-7-0

The next fight is in the featherweight division and as you might have guessed, is a non-tournament fight.

Alfredo Barbosa is a well-rounded fighter, with high skills all over. He has gathered a 7-6-0 record under 4 different management groups. One can only hope that Barbosa finally find a good home where the management is able to do well with his skills and start raking in the wins. Barbosa usually is the kind to mix up his striking rather well, keeping the fight at a distance or closing in for the clinch. He has find success wherever in those positions. He should keep in mind that his opponent might look to get a takedown and work the superior BJJ skill. Barbosa needs to keep the distance and pick his opponent apart with the leg kicks to slow him down and then go in for the kill.

Ashton Eaton is also a well-rounded fighter, but seems to prefer the ground game over striking. He has 5 submission wins on his 11-7-0 record and against a dangerous striking like Barbosa, he should be careful on the stand up, and when to shoot in with the takedown. One big counter might end the fight a lot quicker than he would like. He has to be patient, work his usual strategy and then get the takedown late to take advantage of possible fatigue. If he has the fight on the ground, I imagine he will take the fight and the win.

Prediction: Ashton Eaton by Decision

Fight #4 - Mad Cash Fight!

Charles Grace (Gale Hawthorne) 7-5-0

vs

Lionel Santos (Frank Cross) 11-2-0

Coming up next we have our first Mad Cash tournament fight pitting 5/1 Charles “The Master Debater” Grace against 5/1 Lionel “Behemoth” Santos.

Charles Grace was the most dominant fighter in Round 1 of the tournament, scoring a 17 second KO victory over Vlad Putin. He showed stunning power, the kind of which makes him a threat to any opponent he comes up against. His striking is crisp and disciplined, and it will require a strong defence from Santos to get past this.

Lionel Santos also dismissed his opponent in Round 1 in swift fashion, with a TKO victory over DeBo Train inside the first round, although that is a rarity for him as he is known as a decision fighter more. He possesses a Granite Chin that has only seen him a (T)KO loss once in his career, although he will need to be wary in this bout or he will see that increase.

Quite honestly, I believe Grace having a better manager will be the key difference to this bout, but expect Santos to survive the opening 2 rounds.

Prediction: Charles Grace to win via (T)KO in Round 3

Fight #5

Alvin Loredo (Uncle Lar) 9-4-1

vs

Jose Santiago (Buster Canavan) 7-2-1

The next fight is a non-tournament fight in the featherweight division. Loredo and Santiago are both long time Insanity veterans and this is the first time they meet in the cage.

Loredo is a great boxer with a possible greater chin, in his 9-4-1 record he has never been knocked out once. He relies heavily on his punches and occasionally throws in a kick. We never seem go for the takedown, even though he has the wrestling and BJJ skills to do well. One could say he is a featherweight Rampage Jackson, but he defianetly should implement more kicks in his game plan as we all know, simply relying on throwing KO powered punched is not always the way to go, even though it has worked for Loredo so far in his career.

Jose Santiago is a proper mixed martial artists, he has good striking and a good ground game, and his record shows both TKO and Sub wins. I think Santiago has found himself a good opponent in Loredo, as both men still seem to prefer to strike over anything else. Though I am expecting Santiago to implement his grappling in this fight. He has to avoid the KO power of Loredo and slow him down with leg kicks. I reckon if Santiago is able to do that, he’ll be able to get the fight down and work his superior BJJ skills.

Like most fights, it can go either way, but this fight seems a bit harder to predict than others. It’s a tough call, but I am going with..

Prediction: Jose Santiago by submission in the 3rd round

Fight #6

Silent Bob (Louie DePalma) 9-3-1

vs

Paul Green (Bob Vendarra) 9-1-0

A non tournament bout here as former Tycoon MMA Championships participant Silent Bob takes on Paul “Bang Boom Bang” Green.

Silent Bob is undefeated in his last 3 bouts, scoring 2 wins and a draw. With wins over Bryan Manibusan and Randy Savage, he has really improved his standings, and is now the highest ranked fighter in the division outside of the champion and the Mad Cash tournament participants. With this info, it will be interesting to see if a win here will give him the boost needed to challenge once more for the title.

Paul Green has been making waves since joining Insanity under manager Bob Vendarra. After jumping from manager to manager, and org to org, he was signed up by Vendarra who then signed him to Insanity, and has found some good fortunes since then. Currently on a 3 fight winning streak, he has beaten some game opponents in Homer Jaysimpson, Liam Lee and Oh Yeah. He will need to tighten up his striking however if he wants to reach the top levels of his game.

This is a very tight contest to predict, but I expect one fighter to come out and dominate. Both are very good managers, and I expect a tense battle will be there before one fighter finds his rhythm faster.

Prediction: Paul Green to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #7 - Mad Cash Fight!

Lance Legstrong (Severo Del Bosque) 10-6-0

vs

Octavio Saades (Louie DePalma) 12-1-0

Our next fight is the second of the Mad Cash fights tonight as 9/1 Lance Legstrong takes on 4/1 Octavio Saades!

Lance Legstrong left it late (Alliteration ftw) in his first round fight, submitting opponent Donnie Felterbush with just 4 seconds left in the fight. He mixed his takedowns in with his striking, and when it hit the ground, he made full use of his skills to dominate. He will need to use his ground experience once more in order to win this bout.

Octavio Saades dominated his first round bout against Lard Pecs, using a great mixture of punches and kicks to work his opponent over and outscore him on points. That fight would have ended via (T)KO if it wasn’t for the fact Pecs has a hell of a Granite Chin.

I see the major difference here being Saades amazing diversity in his striking. He has a strong ground game, and his Muay Thai is at extremely high levels meaning every kick deals a lot of damage, while his Punches help him to disguise the kicks.

Prediction: Octavio Saades to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #8 - Mad Cash Fight!

Pera Pulkkinen (Jorma Oltsu) 9-1-0

vs

Nolan Sackett (Barnabas Sackett) 17-1-0

Another Mad Cash bout here, as 4/1 Pera Pulkkinen takes on 3/1 Nolan Sackett in a clash of the tournament favourites.

Pera Pulkkinen pulled a bit of a rabbit out of the hate in his first round matchup, as he scored the first Submission win of his career against John Dillinger. He scored an early takedown, and managed to lock in a Kimura which had Dillinger tapping, and alert his future opponents that he has more than just his striking in his arsenal.

Can you say Clinch Rape enough? Because that is exactly what Sackett did in his first round bout to dispatch former KT fighter JT Redman. Peppering his opponent with strikes, it still took til Round 3 for Sackett to land an uppercut which dropped Redman before landing more strikes to finish the bout.

Two of the best managers in the tournament, and indeed in the game today, collide here, and it will be difficult to pick a stand out winner. However, I believe Sackett has an edge going in, and should eventually come out on top.

Prediction: Nolan Sackett to win via (T)KO in Round 3

CO-MAIN EVENT!

Fight #9 - Mad Cash Fight!

Sam Hall (Scott Davies) 8-2-0

vs

Pika Chu (Grant Brophy) 15-5-0

Our final 185 Mad Cash bout sees 12/1 Sam Hall take on fellow 12/1 Pika Chu.

Sam Hall scored a Unanimous Decision victory over Chan Sung Aoki in his first round bout, scoring with a mixture of Punches and Kicks to earn favour with the judges. He showed good ground defenses, opting to control his opponent in order to force the stand up, but will be facing some different offense in this bout.

Pika Chu had, arguably, the easiest draw for the first round in the whole tournament. A strong striker, he faces a grappler with no striking game, and proceeded to win via KO (Punches) in 53 seconds. He has a great striking record, but will be facing a hot prospect who could catch him.

Pika Chu does have a great record for getting the KO, but his opponent is more skilled overall. It will come down to whether Pika Chu can land a damaging strike, but with Hall striking with both punches and kicks, it is up in the air about who will win.

Prediction: Sam Hall to win via (T)KO in Round 2

MAIN EVENT

Fight #10 - TITLE FIGHT

Shintaro Nomo (AJ Nex) 16-3-0

vs

Jozef Beast (Jeff MMA) 15-5-0

Our main event tonight is a title clash as #1 contender Shintaro Nomo takes on the champion Jozef Beast.

Shintaro Nomo is challenging for the title here after an impressive debut over Tyrone Spong. Previously to that, he claimed the gold medal for UNFC in the Tycoon MMA Championships, but then felt his calling to Insanity following the tournament. He has a developing striking game, but he can provide a challenge for any opponent.

Jozef Beast is the reigning champion, having claimed the title all the way back in February in a Unanimous Decision victory over Victor Loosa. Since then, he has claimed Unanimous Decision victories over Johnny Charco, Andy Barclay and, once again, Victor Loosa. He is a dominant fighter, but could find himself in trouble against Nomo.

Honestly, I think Nomo is tailor made to win this fight. He has superior grappling which he can exploit to win, while his budding striking and Granite Chin should help him to survive and get Beast down to the ground where he can dominate.

Prediction: Shintaro Nomo to win via Submission in Round 3

Now that concludes the 185lbs division of the Mad Cash card, and it has some big fights on it which goes down at 10pm GMT on the 20th June! Now just 4 hours later in Los Angeles, we have…

155lbs!

Live from the Venice Beach Arena in Los Angeles!

Results from the last round:

Boyko Kersikov def. Konrad Husky via TKO (Strikes) in Round 1

Mateus Gracie def. Mike Allen via Submission (RNC) in Round 1

Eight Twentythree def. Norman Parke via Split Decision

Dickie Dirty def. Logan Sackett via Unanimous Decision

Antoni Hong def. Beaver Hardwood via Unanimous Decision

Yushin Yamamoto def. Timothy Robinson via Unanimous Decision

Chad Didion def. Kang Xi Jia via Split Decision

Siguard Lodbrok def. Tyroil Smoochie Wallace via TKO (Kicks and Punches) in Round 1

A lot of decision results occurred in the first round, with many taking a tactical approach to it. It will be interesting to see if anyone goes for a different strategy to combat against other styles, or if they go for their own game. Only one way to find out, so let’s get right into it!

Fight #1

Roberto Gonzales (Jim Gold) 0-0-0

vs

Home Jaysimpson (Omicron PerseiEight) 7-12-0

Our first bout of the 155 mad cash card features Roberto Gonzales taking on Homer Jaysimpson.

Roberto Gonzales is making his debut in MMA here, and while it is hard to judge what he is like, he is not as skilled as other fighters at his age. High levels of boxing are supported by a decent wrestling game, but apart from that, not much else to report, and it will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of his first bout.

Homer Jaysimpson is a Sensational Wrestler with a Brown Belt, but despite his obvious ability, along with a small amount of striking, he has found himself on a 5 fight losing streak, with his last win coming back in September. Mix that with a questionable chin, and he seems to be a fighter who may have to consider his future in MMA, but despite this, I believe he can turn it around in this bout.

To be honest, Jaysimpson should be taking this bout, and I expect him to grind out a decision win.

Prediction: Homer Jaysimpson to win via Unanimous Decision

Fight #2

Anthony Joseph (Randle McMurphy) 7-1-0

vs

Javier Arroyo (Louie DePalma) 5-3-0

Our next bout on the card sees Anthony Joseph take on Javier Arroyo.

Anthony Joseph is a skilled wrestler who has a reputation for knocking his opponents out. Currently on a 2 fight winning streak since joining Insanity, his debut fight saw him pick up a KO Of The Night award for a monstrous head kick that turned his opponent into a human version of a flip flop. He will be looking to keep that run going with a victory here, and a potential highlight reel knockout.

Javier Arroyo is a highly skilled Muay Thai and Wrestling practitioner, but he hasn’t had the best of fortunes inside the cage, having lost his last fight and been unable to string a number of wins together. He will be up against it here, as he faces a proven finisher, but he will be feeling confident of avoiding the damaging blows and securing a win.

I personally feel Javier Arroyo will emerge victorious from this bout, but I can see Joseph getting a (T)KO at any moment.

Prediction: Javier Arroyo to win via (T)KO in Round 3

Fight #3

David Wuzz (Shape Shifter) 6-6-0

vs

Rocco Roman (Romano Schoots) 5-5-0

Continuing on the action sees David Wuzz throw down against Rocco Roman.

David Wuzz is a highly skilled Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and he has demonstrated this by gaining 6 submission victories. Since signing to Insanity from Troid, he has lost his last 2 bouts in a row, and was unable to show the full range of skills he possesses. However, in this bout, he is being given the perfect opportunity for that and will be feeling confident of landing another submission win.

Rocco Roman is another Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, but unlike his opponent, he has racked up a couple of KO wins along with some Submission victories. He lost his first fight in Insanity last time out, and he has been devastated by that loss as his morale is rock bottom.

I believe Roman’s low morale will be the deciding factor in this bout, and it shouldn’t take long for Wuzz to take advantage.

Prediction: David Wuzz to win via Submission in Round 1

Fight #4

Ricky Blazer (Sean “BuckFutter” Connery) 10-5-0

vs

Ivan Belshiknolav (Dalvarius Helgarion) 9-15-0

Coming up next, we see who will emerge victorious when “The Tyrannical Teabagger” Ricky Blazer takes on Ivan Belshiknolav.

Ricky Blazer is a long time Insanity competitor, signing after initially taking part in a QFC tournament. He is currently on a 2 fight losing streak, but has shown he can win a fight at any moment. His last 3 wins were all KO finishes, and all won him a KO of the Night bonus. With his levels of boxing supported by his wrestling, he is a dangerous competitor to come up against.

Ivan Belshiknolav is a strong Muay Thai fighter who has gone on a poor run of results, losing his last 5 fights in a row. He has a questionable chin, and regularly succumbs to submissions. Unfortunately for him, he will also be coming into this bout with reduced energy and morale, making this bout even more difficult for him.

Honestly, this should be a simple fight for Blazer to navigate, due to his opponent’s lack of energy and morale. If Belshiknolav has these up to scratch, it would be a different fight, but as it is, I have to go with a swift win for Blazer.

Prediction: Ricky Blazer to win via (T)KO in Round 1

Fight #5

Kajun Puno (Chris Karter) 6-5-0

vs

Macho Randy (The Antidote) 6-2-0

Our next fight on the card sees Kajun Puno take on Macho Randy.

Kajun Puno is the son of MMA legend Fidel Puno, and will be looking turn his fortunes around after going 1-4 in his last 5 bouts. Possessing a Granite Chin, his most dangerous weapon in his past fights has been his slick BJJ game, which has claimed 5 victims by way of Submission. With a dangerous ground game, and a good defensive game in most areas, he will be a difficult fighter to catch off guard.

Macho Randy is a dangerous striker who has been developing his Wrestling and BJJ as a defensive mechanism, which is really required in this bout. He lost his last fight via KO to Roosevelt Coleman, having previously been on a 3 fight winning streak, and he will be confident about getting back on the right path. The key for him in this bout is defending well against Puno’s ground based offense, and making his strikes count when he can land them.

I see Puno being able to land a takedown in this fight, but the question is whether he can end the fight while he is there, or even keep the fight there and grind out a decision. Randy’s hope is to get a (T)KO, but I believe Puno will drag him under at one point.

Prediction: Kajun Puno to win via Submission in Round 2

Fight #6

Chris Severn (Sean McDonnel) 9-6-1

vs

Machine Gun (Chris Fraser) 12-4-1

Our final non-Mad Cash fight here for you now as Chris Severn takes on Machine Gun.

Chris Severn is entering his last bout before joining Team Misfits for the ITFL, and it is clear why he was selected to be a team member. High levels of striking is also back up by high levels of grappling. The only issue is he has a bit of an issue with his chin, something which can be exploited by any potential opponent.

Machine Gun, who named himself that after learning it was the object his father used to threaten his mother as he was conceived, has high levels of Boxing and Wrestling, while his Muay Thai and BJJ Purple Belt play as more of support beams for his gameplans. He lacks a bit of KO power, but he has a Solid Chin, and that can be what works out for him.

To be honest, I feel Chris Severn should be winning this. He outmatches Gun, has a better manager, and his hiddens match up better imo as he can work it in his favour.

Prediction: Chris Severn to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #7 - Mad Cash Fight!

Boyko Kersikov (Dean Sutherland) 5-1-0

vs

Mateus Gracie (Louie DePalma) 10-2-0

The first of our Mad Cash fights now as 3/1 Boyko Kersikov clashes with 10/1 Mateus Gracie.

Boyko Kersikov is the favourite of the tournament, with the only other 3/1 fighter Logan Sackett being eliminated in Round 1. He is currently on a 5 fight winning streak, with his debut fight being a loss that, rumour has it, might have been a planned defeat. Nevertheless, he is a very dangerous fighter, with some of the best Muay Thai seen in MMA, and his strikes leave his opponents in a daze. Managed by #1 manager Dean Sutherland, he is going to be a tough competitor for anyone, and he will fancy his chances in this fight.

Mateus Gracie is still undefeated under current manager Louie DePalma, who has managed to get the best out of his BJJ Black Belt. He mixes up his takedowns with his strikes, looking to lull his opponents into a false sense of security before taking the fight to the ground and dominating his opponents. He faces his toughest challenge to date, and will send out a real statement should he emerge victorious.

Overall, I think Kersikov has the upperhand here. The fight starts where he is comfortable, and he has a good level of wrestling that can keep it standing, but he will need to hit hard to bring Gracie down before he gets into trouble.

Prediction: Boyko Kersikov to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #8 - Mad Cash Fight!

Yushin Yamamoto (The Can Crusher) 7-2-1

vs

Antoni Hong (Topo Topologies) 9-3-0

Our second ITFL bout sees 5/1 Yushin Yamamoto take on 5/1 Antoni Hong.

Yushin Yamamoto is currently on a 2 fight winning streak, having defeated Timothy Robinson in the last round via Unanimous Decision. He displayed some good defensive grappling to dominate a fellow black belt, despite being taken down in each round, he managed to reverse the position and hold off his opponent’s submission attempts to take home the win.

Antoni Hong is the current Insanity 155lbs champion, and he defeated Beaver Hardwood in the previous round via Unanimous Decision. Despite losing the first round to Beaver Hardwood, he started to mix in his takedowns in Rounds 2 and 3 better, and took both of those rounds on all of the judge’s scorecards. He dealt with his opponent’s striking well, and dominated him on the ground.

Personally, I feel Hong is the better fighter, as I see his striking to be more crisp, while his ground defences seem solid to deal with his opponent’s threats.

Prediction: Antoni Hong to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #9 - Mad Cash Fight!

Chad Didion (Huey Freeman) 12-5-0

vs

Eight Twentythree (Scott Davies) 5-0-0

Our Co-Main event, and penultimate fight of the 2nd round, sees 10/1 Chad Didion takes on 10/1 Eight Twentythree.

Chad Didion grounded out a Split Decision victory over Kang Xi Jia in the last round, using his striking well from range, but also forcing the fight into the clinch, and even onto the ground, in an effort to push his opponent to the limit. A lot of people claimed Xi Jia should have gotten the win, but Didion is the man here, and he will be looking to take full advantage.

Eight Twentythree also won a Split Decision in the first round, gaining the win over Norman Parke. He found the most success at range, picking his opponent off and winning Rounds 2 and 3 to take the fight. He will need to be careful, as Didion is a capable fighter in all areas.

The way I see it, Didion needs to make this a grappling form of fight, while Twentythree needs it to be striking from range. We know Didion can fight anywhere, but we have seen Twentythree struggle inside the clinch and on the ground, so I see Didion taking advantage for a Decision.

Prediction: Chad Didion to win via Split Decision.

Fight #10 - Mad Cash Fight!

Dickie Dirty (Bjorn O’Donnel) 11-1-0

vs

Sigurd Lodbrok (Ragnar Lodbrok) 11-5-0

Our main event of the evening sees 7/1 Dickie Dirty take on 18/1 Sigurd Lodbrok.

Dickie Dirty caused probably the upset of the tournament, and even a potential upset of the year contender, with a victory over Logan Sackett in Round 1. Nobody gave him much of a chance, but he surprised everyone by performing amicably. He scored well on the ground, and avoided taking too much damage in striking while firing off his own shots. People won’t be underestimating him for the rest of the tournament however, but he is one of the frontrunners now with that win.

Sigurd Lodbrok disposed of his opponent in Round 1, Tyroil Smoochie Wallace, in quick fashion. He came out of the box flying, landing punches and kicks early, and rocking Wallace with two swift jabs. He followed this up with a big head kick that dazed Wallace, and followed up with strikes to force the ref to stop the fight. He has shown he has explosive striking, and he will be looking to do more of the same.

I see this going one of two ways. Siguard Lodbrok will need to end this fight in Round 1, as I feel Dirty’s grappling will wear him down going into the later rounds. I don’t believe Dirty will finish Lodbrok, but I do feel if he can survive an early onslaught from Lodbrok, he will get a decision win.

Prediction: Dickie Dirty to win via Unanimous Decision

That finishes up our preview for the Mad Cash Round 2 events. Hope you all enjoyed the writing, and I hope you all look forward to the results. Remember, the 185 round is happening at 11pm, while the 155 event happens at 2am. Also, a big thanks to John Hetfield for his contribution to the preview. Best of luck to all competitors, and I will see you all next time for the Preview of Round 3!

• Grant Brophy (GBK16)
  • Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14289445908269.jpg

Dickie "The Dirt" Dirty

Great preview! I love the tournament so far and I can't wait to see how I'll do in my next fight. I hope to keep the momentum going, but I know none of these fighters in it are pushovers by any means. My opponent has the KO power to stop anyone in his path, as he proved in the first round already. I have set up a gameplan that might surprise a few of you, but some of you might expect it as well. If you want to find out what I'm up to, I guess you'll have to tune in tonight to see the fight . Good luck to my opponent and may the best man win.

The win in the first round was a huge upset and it was my proudest moment of my career so far for sure.

Really enjoyed the fights especially dickie dirtys fight.Wow talk about edge on seat stuff

Updated odds

to add to your write up and also people have be asking me to put up odds again i do it for the semi and that it then .

Nolan Sacket 8/13 fav

Octavio Saades 13/8

Charles "The Master Debater" Grace 4/1

.Pika Chu 7/1 dog

Yushin "Akuma" Yamamoto 8/11 fav

Dickie Dirty 5/2

Mateus Gracie 3/1

Chad Didion 6/1 dog

Betting rules

max bet 50k.Please send money to my account . Post here who you betting and at what odds.Also pm me so i can keep my on record also

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14306707321617.jpg
Mateus Gracie

Well folks, I know many of you are unhappy with the results of tonights fight, as nobody, even that scumbag Louie had be pegged to advance to the semi-finals. But like I continue to do fight after fight, I prove everyone wrong and now I face Chad Didion, hope your ready for the steam roller I am about to hit you with son! Anyways folks I am off to the gym once again, no time to relax I need to start preparing for the next round!! 3-1 odds you say, tell that Mickey Hart guy I will have my fearless, yet gutless leader Louie send it right over! Put me down for the win!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14233180285980.jpg
Octavio Saades

Well that was a close one ladies and gentlemen, I handled him with ease in round one, and then he decided to school me in round 2 so I knew I needed a finish as I did not want to leave it in the hands of the judges. They keep putting them in front of me and I keep knocking them down and next round is no different when I go face to face with some clown named Chuck Grace, wait what?? I thought he was hold up in some Northern Canadian Igloo community, too bad its only a name sake and not the real CGrace, as that would be so much fun kicking his ass!! Now that Mickey Hart guy is on here talking bets, and my fanboy of a manager Louie done crapped his pants and didnt have the nutz to place a wager on me before, so I am going to do it for him, Mickey your money is on its way, 13/8 odds on this pimp daddy for the win!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14306707321617.jpg

Mateus Gracie

Well folks, I know many of you are unhappy with the results of tonights fight, as nobody, even that scumbag Louie had be pegged to advance to the semi-finals. But like I continue to do fight after fight, I prove everyone wrong and now I face Chad Didion, hope your ready for the steam roller I am about to hit you with son! Anyways folks I am off to the gym once again, no time to relax I need to start preparing for the next round!! 3-1 odds you say, tell that Mickey Hart guy I will have my fearless, yet gutless leader Louie send it right over! Put me down for the win!

I actually thought you would have a better chance at going through just due to the match up, i may have had the striking advantage but your guy is 11cm taller so i couldn't just chin check him like i did with Jug. When the TD into side control hit i just skipped the fight; i already knew the result after that. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

I actually thought you would have a better chance at going through just due to the match up, i may have had the striking advantage but your guy is 11cm taller so i couldn't just chin check him like i did with Jug. When the TD into side control hit i just skipped the fight; i already knew the result after that. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Good fight Dinooo, going in I was 0-2 career versus you and I fully expected it to go 0-3. Even with the height differential I still thought your power would overcome and take me out.

• 3 weeks later...

Insanity’s Mad Cash Tournament

Round 3

THE SEMI FINALS

Live from the University Park in Los Angeles!

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Preview for Insanity’s latest event in their Mad Cash tournament - Round 3! Some shocks occurred in the last round, and some favourites managed to live up to the billing, so let’s take a quick look at the results from the last round:

155lbs

Mateus Gracie def. Boyko Kersikov via Submission (Kimura) in Round 1

Chad Didion def. Eight Twentythree via Unanimous Decision

Yushin Yamamoto def. Antoni Hong via Unanimous Decision

Dickie Dirty def. Sigurd Lodbrok via KO (Superman Punch) in Round 3

185lbs

Charles Grace def. Lionel Santos via KO (Head Kick) in Round 2

Octavio Saades def. Lance Legstrong via TKO (Strikes) in Round 3

Nolan Sackett def. Pera Pulkinnen via TKO (Strikes) in Round 3

Pika Chu def. Sam Hall via Submission (Strikes) in Round 1

Now that we are caught up to speed on the tournament, without further ado, let’s get right into it with the Under Card!

UNDERCARD

Fight #1 - Lightweight Division

Tomas Marley (6-2-0) vs Mike Allen (11-10-0)

Tomas Marley is a fighter who loves to strike anywhere, as he mixes up the range and the clinch, all while threatening to take you down and land some Ground and Pound. Mike Allen on the other hand is a striker who purely likes to keep the fight at range and work his opponent over with his punches.

Marley’s great diversity should provide a path to victory for him in this bout.

Prediction: Tomas Marley to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #2 - Featherweight Division

Alfredo Barbosa (8-6-0) vs Boyko Kersikov (5-2-0)

Alfredo Barbosa is a Muay Thai fighter who likes to mix up his strikes from range with punches and kicks, and also use the clinch to land punches and he mixes in the odd knee or elbow into his game. Boyko Kersikov is also a fantastic Muay Thai fighter who has also improved his Boxing to high levels also. He strikes with a variety of punches and kicks like his opponent, but is more comfortable from range than he is in the clinch.

Barbosa could win this, but I feel Kersikov’s superior skills will pull through for him in this bout.

Prediction: Boyko Kersikov to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #3 - Lightweight Division

Roger Cantor (12-9-0) vs Harald Hildetand (7-8-0)

Roger Cantor is a Wrestler who uses this and his BJJ in order to take the fight down and control from there. He throws a large volume of strikes to mask his takedowns, where he might be better off going more for a takedown. Harald Hildetand is a striker who also has a BJJ Brown Belt in order to be able to do some damage even if he has been taken down.

Roger Cantor should be winning this bout, unless he get’s caught with a strike or a submission attempt. As long as he can control, he will be fine.

Prediction: Roger Cantor to win via Unanimous Decision

Fight #4 - Featherweight Division

Jason Mewes (14-9-0) vs Rodney Carney (11-6-0)

Jason Mewes is a striker who has some KO Power, but he does have a history of being KO’ed by his opponents. He relies on his strikes, but can also take his opponent down and use his Black Belt to sink in a submission. Rodney Carney meanwhile is a pure grappling fighter with a Granite Chin. He uses his powerful wrestling to get his opponents down and works them over with strikes to set up his deadly submissions.

I feel Mewes ability to fight both standing and on the ground will help him in this bout as he can work his opponent over and still threaten from his back.

Prediction: Jason Mewes to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Fight #5 - Lightweight Division

Norman Parke (11-5-0) vs Kang Xi Jia (12-4-0)

Norman Parke is a diverse fighter, striking in large volumes while also shooting for Takedowns often which often catches his opponents off guard. He prefers to box from range, as his punches are far more effective than his kicks. Kang Xi Jia prefers to strike from range, but has the ability to threaten on the ground also. He has Kicks in addition to his Punching ability which could be the key difference in this bout.

I think Kang Xi Jia should take this bout, as his chin should hold well against Parke’s striking, while Xi Jia can also threaten from the ground if he gets taken down.

Prediction: Kang Xi Jia to win via Unanimous Decision

MAIN CARD

http://i.gyazo.com/e777fa5ed9eac829b9b2edc59fe45e63.png

Our first fight of the 155lbs Mad Cash round and the Main Card as we see 5/1 Yushin Yamamoto take on 7/1 Dickie Dirty.

Yushin Yamamoto is a very light fighter, coming in at just 140lbs in weight. He uses this to his advantage, as he uses his speed to maximise the effectiveness of his wrestling. Not blessed with amazing power, he does however have the ability to control fights and keep it to the tempo he likes. He is primarily a decision fighter, but he can also lock in a takedown should the opportunity arise.

Dickie Dirty is a well rounded MMA fighter, as he strikes in quantity while standing and mixes up his offense by shooting in for takedowns also. He has shown considerable conditioning, as he is able to keep pace in the later rounds even when his opponent’s are tired. He is also a Decision fighter mainly, but his can finish his opponent’s if they get tired too early.

Prediction: Dickie Dirty to win via Unanimous Decision

http://i.gyazo.com/9def42d4eec768cafd6bff65c07a8472.png

Sticking with Mad Cash, we now go to one of the 185lbs Semi Finals as 5/1 Charles “The Master Debater” Grace takes on 4/1 Octavio Saades.

Last time around, I predicted Charles Grace to win via (T)KO in the third round, and while I got the method right, Grace showed more ruthlessness than I expected as he scored it in the second round. Similar ruthlessness will be needed in this bout as he seeks to progress to the finals.

Octavio Saades meanwhile I predicted to win via (T)KO in the second round, what what do you know, he decides to win via (T)KO in the third round instead! He defended well when it went to the ground, but rather than leave it to the judges, he went in for the kill and got the win late on.

This will be a tough fight for both men, but I feel Saades has more about him to secure a finish.

Prediction: Octavio Saades to win via (T)KO in Round 3

http://i.gyazo.com/0336a5d1683277b9abd04a6fedbc9070.png

Our other 155lbs Mad Cash Semi Final sees 10/1 “Mexican Wolverine” Chad Didion take on 7/1 Mateus Gracie.

Chad Didion did better than I expected, as I predicted him to win via Split Decision but he went on to take it via Unanimous Decision. Performing well from range while transitioning well with the Clinch and Takedowns, he outclassed his opponent and will be hoping to performing similarly in this bout.

Mateus Gracie proved me wrong last round, as I expected him to lose via (T)KO in Round 2 to Boyko Kersikov. However, he went on to defeat Kersikov via Kimura in Round 1, and now he looks to move on again. His grappling is dangerous, and can catch any unwary opponents.

I believe Gracie will win this bout, but I don’t think it will make it to the third round. Most likely, it will end within the first 2 rounds.

Prediction: Mateus Gracie to win via Submission in Round 2

http://i.gyazo.com/345803e10d3bc5e2b837c02b39fb1733.png

Our Co-Main Event of the evening is sponsored by GBK16’s Writings. For quality and consistency, contact Grant Brophy (93477) for all your writing needs.

We have a Heavyweight clash now as former champion “Angel Maker” Cyril Makarenko takes on debutant Hector “Hailstorm” Hernandez.

Cyril Makarenko recently came to the end of his second spell as Insanity’s HW champion, losing to Niko Alzate for the first time in 4 fights. He is truly one of Insanity’s veterans, as this will be his 17th time inside of the Insanity cage, and many believe a run of wins will mean a likely Hall of Fame spot for him, and he will be hoping he can live up to those expectations by securing a win in this bout to get back into the hunt for a title bout.

Hector Hernandez is making his debut in this bout, having signed from NYFN after their closure. He has rocket launchers for fists, having secured 11 (T)KO’s from his 11 wins, and he will be looking to announce his arrival to the org in explosive fashion here. He will look to hit hard and early, and this is certainly a fight which will have an influence on the Heavyweight division’s future.

Tough one to call here, as either fighter could easily win. If Makarenko can survive early, he will find his chances better, but it will be a good fight.

Prediction: Hector Hernandez to win via (T)KO in Round 1

http://i.gyazo.com/7030315c7036a9c2cd18c79198e3a91d.png

Our Main Event of the evening is sponsored by DC Unrivaled - The official Merchandise Partner of Insanity!

Our Main Event of the evening is our final Mad Cash fight, the 185lbs Semi Finals and it sees 3/1 favourite Nolan Sackett takes on 12/1 underdog Pika Chu!

Nolan Sackett hit my prediction dead on the head, securing a (T)KO victory in the 3rd round last time against Pera Pulkinnen. He will be looking to his Granite Chin to help him survive Pika Chu’s explosive power, He holds some impressive power himself with 15 (T)KO’s in 18 wins, and he will be feeling confident going into this bout.

I predicted Pika Chu to lose in his last bout, as I expected him to be outskilled by Sam Hall. He proved me wrong however, breaking Hall’s chin and forcing him to Submit due to strikes in the first round. He is facing a big step up in competition here, but if he can win this bout, he will be feeling confident of beating anybody in the finals.

Overall, I just expect Sackett to have too much for Chu. Chu has impressive power, but Sackett’s ability to take a punch is remarkable, and he will be looking to dominate more as the fight goes on.

Prediction: Nolan Sackett to win via (T)KO in Round 2

That’s all from this preview of Insanity’s next event. Some high quality match ups, and the excitement is building as we see who will be competing in the finals of the Mad Cash tournament. Be sure to look out for the results, and I will see you all next time!

• Grant Brophy (GBK16)

• Upvote 3

lol grant talk about destroying your fighter confidence before the fight .He own manager cant see him winning Poor pika chu :D . i feel his fight is going to end like this :injured:

I predicted him to lose in the last round as well, and he ended up winning that in the first round. To be honest, this is a fight I am a huge underdog in, and if I do somehow manage to win it is a contender for Upset of the Year given not only the manager difference, but also the skill difference between the fighters.