Starting a new fight org.

Lwinger19

My best advice would be don't rush it. I've seen many new orgs fall quickly due to the owner wanting it all now etc. Sign the fighters first, then book the events when you know you can fill them.

As for contracts it would depend if you make your org ID restricted or not as well as the hype level of the fighter you are signing. If you sign fighters with larger hype/pop than others you should offer more money. Fighters with minimal hype/pop i think 2000 signing bonus, 2000 base pay and 2000 win bonus is around the right sort of level.

Ideally you will want a fair bit of your own money to start with, enough to afford enough fighters signing bonuses and any loss(es) you might make on the first few events.

If you need any more help, send me a PM. There are other managers who know more about org work but i'll be willing to share with you what i know.

I have $50,000 to start out(didn't take a loan). I also have an extra $28,000 sitting in my managers account.

You can throw another $100k on top of that. The contracts Wolf said should get you a decent baseline to begin with. I would recommend start at a higher ID restriction (250-260k) so you can get people joining without having to pay big money to get one fighter when you could pay less to get multiple.

You can throw another $100k on top of that. The contracts Wolf said should get you a decent baseline to begin with. I would recommend start at a higher ID restriction (250-260k) so you can get people joining without having to pay big money to get one fighter when you could pay less to get multiple.

Oh wow, thank you!! I take it I should start at the Micro Arena? It's just getting advertising and production down and figuring out the ticket prices that'll be the toughest at the beginning. Also finding enough fighters too, there's not a whole lot looking for contracts in Rio to get a competitive division going. I'd like to have 10 fights to start an event but I think the first one is going to be smaller :(.

Oh wow, thank you!! I take it I should start at the Micro Arena? It's just getting advertising and production down and figuring out the ticket prices that'll be the toughest at the beginning. Also finding enough fighters too, there's not a whole lot looking for contracts in Rio to get a competitive division going. I'd like to have 10 fights to start an event but I think the first one is going to be smaller :(.

I'll send you on some info via PM that might help you starting up the org from scratch

I would really recommend not starting an org in Rio, many managers will not want to fight there and it's generally considered a 'dead' city. For the advertising and production, there is a handy tool in the noob section to help with advertising funds and production is around 3 x the amount of seats in the arena. Hope this helps

I wouldn't let people throw you off making an org in Rio if that's where you want to be, there is definitely a market there to be had. Looking at the start new company page you'll see that there is 1842 fighters in the city with only 4 orgs, so you have 460 fighters per fight org. The costs of flying to and from a fight that is taking place elsewhere is at least 2k so a well maintained org should go over well with local fighters.

Considering that Rio doesn't really have orgs for the young fighters just go to the search page.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/search.php

Put in

-Min ID: 260000

-check needs contract

-5 days manager inactivity(personal preference)

You'll be greeted to a long list of young fighters that would likely prefer to fight locally if possible. Sign a bunch of young guys, build their hype, and profit. The main issue is that you'll have trouble finding guys outside of Rio to fight in your org for the same reason the guys in your org will be less willing to fight elsewhere, you'll be working in a niche.

My main concern is when I'm signing fighters to a 2000/2000/2000 contract and having a 10 fight event, I'm losing $60,000 just in contract money for the event. If I have my first event at the Micro Arena, there is no way I make half of that back.

Actually, if you use Premium Pricing, that is $150 per ticket, and if you sell out the event (Will take a couple of events likely), you will make $60k on the tickets alone. Although I would recommend starting in an arena bigger than a 400 seater, either the 700 or the 750 seater

Actually, if you use Premium Pricing, that is $150 per ticket, and if you sell out the event (Will take a couple of events likely), you will make $60k on the tickets alone. Although I would recommend starting in an arena bigger than a 400 seater, either the 700 or the 750 seater

Could I get away with Premium tickets at a 700 capacity arena? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know as much as possible before I actually want to start signing fighters.

I would say realistically you're gonna wanna start out with at least $500000 to avoid stressin yourself out about making money. There isnt much you can do about losing money on the first few events, especially if your starting with a newer ID restriction since the fighters wont have much hype.

Could I get away with Premium tickets at a 700 capacity arena? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know as much as possible before I actually want to start signing fighters.

No need to apologise. You are doing the right thing by getting as much info as you can.

I was running events at Premium from the very beginning and it didn't affect me negatively so I would recommend to begin with it, especially since it is the Ticket Pricing you will be using going forward to you can get used to it earlier.

Also, does this mean the less hype and popularity a fighter has on avereage, the least you spend on advertising? http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Event_advertising

The more your fighters on the card have in Hype and Pop, the bigger the event will be, and the more you will be able to spend on Advertising in order to get increased results. So overall, yeah having less hype and pop will mean your advertising will be less compared to an event with higher hype and pop fighters.

Also patience. Lots of it.

You will NOT build an overnight sensation. Good orgs take a long time to build that good reputation, and once that reputation is there it is even harder to maintain. That is why lots of good orgs don't last that long.

Also remember that on a 10 fight card, you are dealing with 10-20 different managers. Your success depends on other people logging in and accepting what they see as fair fights. Long time veterans will disappear, people go inactive, etc. You may run a great org with even greater communication, but you will not be able to keep 100% of your roster happy 100% of the time.

But those are the things we deal with. If you run a good ship and stay committed despite all this, in time you will earn very good money. But with the good money will come lots of hard work to maintain.

Good luck mate! I hope you do well!

This got me thinking, has anyone done orgs where it just focuses on 1 or 2 weight classes that don't expand just keep it simple?

My org, Ring of Violence only has 4 weight classes and I only recently added the 4th one like a month or 2 ago. Its SO much easier to only focus on a few weight classes rather than worry about filling them all. Also some weight classes just aren't all that popular.

Has anyone tried making 135 popular? Always wondered why it's not

The number of fighters. And it's low because most of id restricted orgs don't have a 135 division.

So because no one has done 135 restricted that's only reason why it's not popular nothing to do with the division itself in general?

135 and 265+ are generally not popular divisions at my ID range. Anytime I look to see what guys are out there if I am thinking of opening those divisions, there isn't enough there to justify it.