Id like to try something

Skap

I know people have told me over and over again its no good but Id like to try a noob tourney.

My idea is to have them pick between 4 different builds...

All participants need to have a mentor to help them in the tourney. (A tag team if you will)

After the first fights are set I will buy all involved (noobs) vip....

Id like to see noobs in a tournament and Id like to see who can shine as a mentor with these noobs.

I also think this will help the game from all angles (noobs, veterans and the game itself, as money will be entering the game (development/owner) for this tourney).

Id just like to round out a few rough edges and see if this couldnt be done?

Im hoping people will back this idea but for over a year they seem to think its a dud :blink:

• Upvote 13

Well ... trust is paramount in this situation but I believe most will help and either way the noob will learn... there really is no prize with the exception of noobs getting vip. I guess it would be an honor type deal... you either show it or you dont.? And with all the bickering that takes place between us all I believe we all have enough to get this one through... =)

Skap, IMO you are one great guy. Always looking to help someone, or the game out. this is a great idea. I would be willing to mentor. Largely, because when I first started this game I didn't visit the forums and never knew about the mentoring system. I struggled out the gate until guys like duphus, CGrace, scooby, bjorn, and oh yeah you Skap helped me out.

This tourney will also get some new managers experience and hype in the game.

Cheers brother!

• Upvote 1

You would prolly have to get Mike involved, a lot of noobs don't visit the forums.

It wouldn't be hard to find 16-32 vets in the game willing to help either, so it should be good.

Agreed, I will talk to Mike about this soon iron out a few rough edges and see what cant be done.

Depending on when this starts, I would be willing to mentor a team

Sounds like a great idea!

Probably wont start for a couple months just throwing ideas around in my head.

Skap, IMO you are one great guy. Always looking to help someone, or the game out. this is a great idea. I would be willing to mentor. Largely, because when I first started this game I didn't visit the forums and never knew about the mentoring system. I struggled out the gate until guys like duphus, CGrace, scooby, bjorn, and oh yeah you Skap helped me out.

This tourney will also get some new managers experience and hype in the game.

Cheers brother!

Thanks =)

i doubt Mike complains too much, 16x$10 = $160 for about 10 minutes work to advertise it, i am surprise he hasn't mailed you about it.

I'd mail also managers you think that would be good for this, not just the forum regulars, some of whom openly admit not knowing an awful lot about sliders.

I'll take care of it all soon. Mike has my email =) anyway need to figure out some kind of structure for this, who will host it. who can do writeups etc. I kind of want this to be set up proper to eliminate as much confusion as possible before it gets started. Id also just take care of all vip in advance as to get that out of the way real quick.

noobs? you mean multis?

No Id hope to keep them out. There really is no bonus for them to join this. But thanks Id not thought of that... Im sure it will be taken care of at the time of actual tournament.

Multi tournament to the left!

<-------- right past the exit door :yes:

No Id hope to keep them out. There really is no bonus for them to join this. But thanks Id not thought of that... Im sure it will be taken care of at the time of actual tournament.

Multi tournament to the left!

<-------- right past the exit door :yes:

The issue is if the prize is good enough a vet(s) might make a new account and try to control it to a win rather then help a newbie.

(sorry about the double post, don't want an edit to get overlooked.)

I've thought about trying something like his myself a couple times and every time I run into the same issue when I'm thinking about the logistics. If you can sort something out I'll support it.

This is the above issue.

I dont really think this will be an issue as I know Mike and the mods can keep it in check.

The issue is if the prize is good enough a vet(s) might make a new account and try to control it to a win rather then help a newbie.

(sorry about the double post, don't want an edit to get overlooked.)

Vets wont need vip for a multi account... if they want it they already have it. Im not really thinking prizes just vip for the tourney... Also I think we can get some honest vets that wouldnt mind competing with their noobs for bragging rights