UFC 189: Chad Mendes vs. Conor McGregor Pick'em

kenlow73

Wow, the main card was excellent. Just about to watch the prelims now.

There wasnt a bad fight on the main card imo, Almeida looked shaky but proved he might be a big deal in a few years. I think that's the first time Pickett has been cleanly KOed like that.

Thatch was doing everything right until he got caught imo, the combo Nelson hit him with was awesome as is his grappling. I would love to see Nelson vs Maia for a really good grappling match.

Bermudez vs Stephens was a fun fight, great KO finish.

As others have said, McDonald vs Lawler was a fucking awesome fight, hands down fight of the year and possibly best title fight ever. Both guys had their moments, Rory showed great heart by being busted up that bad and then almost finishing Lawler in round 3 and 4. But Lawler is an animal, will be good to see who's next for him but i have a feeling McDonald and him will fight another time in the future.

McGregor showed he can do it against wrestlers as well, but we will never know how much of it was to do with the 2 weeks Mendes had to prepare, but the Conor showed great fight IQ by repeatedly ripping to the body and trapping Mendes against the cage. I'm glad Conor won, i did not want to see Mendes vs Aldo again

I think the entire main card (and Matt Brown) were either FOTY candidates or super impressive finishes in Gunni's case. Jesus Christ what a great card.

• Upvote 1

Man o man haply for almeida rising up and staying undefeated ....but that adrenaline dump mended caught led to his demise ...he literally sat there and let conor keep striking at him smh good win for Connor showing he can get past it

I like Conner, he has heart, power, and some flashy striking. But this fight showed he has some work to do. I think if Mendes had more time to train he wouldn't have gassed like he did and he would have done more on the ground and finished him there. Those elbows he was dropping were nasty! I think if Franky can protect his chin he would give Conner a rough go of it. But Conner would probably KO him, he has the power to do it in one shot.

Rory vs Robbie was mental, a pretty good card overall tbh.

In my opinion the Conor stoppage was early but I have to ask the question where the hell were Chad's hands, he provided no defence till he hit the decks and turtled. He gave Herb every excuse to stop that fight

Oh shit, welcome back to the game Mould :)

I do agree that this was one of their best cards for years. Pretty much every fight was one that I would happily go back and watch, and both title fights were great promotions for the UFC.

• Upvote 1

too bad this shit was fixed. Open your eyes. Like the video with Faber and Conner, you really think someone was walking with a camera on and randomly catching that?

• Downvote 9

Maybe because Bellator is a cartoon and you're a retard who couldn't spot a fixed fight if you were in one?

or maybe it's because you're a lonely ginger fag who sits in his room and masturbates to dana?

• Downvote 7

or maybe it's because you're a lonely ginger fag who sits in his room and masturbates to dana?

What can I say, husky bald guys get my ginger blood boiling.

http://www4.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20150711095526_GettyImages480459232.JPG

Nice toy belt

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Loved seeing this afterwards.

The top 4 fighters really gave awesome promotion for the UFC. Big awesome fights and great showings of respect . It was a memorable night for the UFC for sure.

I wasn't a McGregor fan now, but he is starting to win me over. Not per se with his win, but with how he handled himself after it.

The top 4 fighters really gave awesome promotion for the UFC. Big awesome fights and great showings of respect . It was a memorable night for the UFC for sure.

I wasn't a McGregor fan now, but he is starting to win me over. Not per se with his win, but with how he handled himself after it.

I was actually shocked by that to be honest, I havn;t seen the post press conference but normally he's a cocky smug bugger in post fight but he seemed thankful and ALMOST humble. I was expecting arrogance overdrive and some crowd celebration but I was wrong.