Aldo out Mendes in at UFC 189

PBR

I honestly lost track, I know he's been injured frequently but I only thought it was something like 4. So his title defense to injury ratio since joining the UFC is 7-6 now? Holy fuck.

"For three months, I trained three times a day."

"the five opportunities that I couldn’t defend my belt."

Weird, something has got to click that there is an issue with how he's training, sure when the guy fights he's a beast but I don't like that the trade off is that pretty close to half the time he's coming out the other end injured and unable to fight.

i wouldn't mind seeing Aldo vs Mendes 3, i thought their first 2 fights were great, especially the second one. if McGregor wins then he will have lived up to his own hype, i can't wait to see him against a top opponent and truly find out were he stands in the division! money on Mendes though....

One of the ONLY reasons I am OK with the McGregor Mendes fight if because i think McGregor should of fought one of those 3 guys (Edgar, Mendes, Lamas) before getting a shot at Aldo... so, I am getting what I want now...

it's blown my mind how they could of picked Mendes over Edgar for the interim title fight... yes, he did better in his more recent fight against Aldo... but at the end of the fight, it was still obvious who won... and it wasnt too long ago... he is on a 1 fight winning streak?? lol... nice reward for winning 1 fight in a row buddy... yeah, at the time the decision was made, he was apparently ranked number 1 contender, but since when has that been the deciding factor?

I can not remember when Edgar (now ranked number 1 contender) had a poor performance.. 4 fight win streak? which sounds a deal better then a 1 win streak.. and in his last 3 losses (to Aldo, and Henderson x 2) he was no where near dominated, actually, they could of went the other way without much of a shock.

McGregor went from ranked infinity to ranked 3 by fighting nobody worth moving him past 10? when they booked the Denis Siver one, wasnt he ranked 11? lolwut? I do not even think he is deserving of a shot at the title... but at least with this fight against Mendes, if he wins.. i could put my hand over my heart and say he would deserve a shot at Aldo (though, would have the interim.. blah!!)...

Anywhos... im not the most studied MMA supporter.. so i could be way off base, but thats how i feel about it :P~

Mendez will win this. This is a fight which does not make much sense on behalf of the UFC because if (more like when) Mendez wins, you are left without a real challenger and you have Mendez with a lot of hype on him. On the other hand if Conor can win this fight, then it will really remove a lot of the doubters which say he did not deserve his title shot.

If Chad for some reason decides to keep the fight standing I don't think he'll win but he'll most likely be throwing around McGregor and win a dominating decision. I agree with markyosullivan Aldo was a more favorable matchup because he would have likely kept the fight standing plus it seemed like he was really getting in Aldo's head. I'm surprised the UFC didn't give their Golden Boy an easy win by throwing some can in there with him.

This is really disappointing, I hope these guys change something about the intensity of their training camps or something because the amount of injuries is getting ridiculous. So many great fights and even events have gone down the toilet because of injuries.

I thought werdum vs velasquez would not happen with velasquez hurting himself once more. Just when we had few big fights without injuries Aldo get hurt.

• Upvote 1

:DDD Mark my words, McGregor 1st Round KO. That T-rex ain't gonna do anyting.

That ginger is going to cause an earthquake when his ginger heads falls down unconscious