Happiest you've ever been with a fight outcome?

GSP KOing Matt Hughes. I'd just read all the backstory about what a horrible bastard Matt Hughes is (or at least was when he was younger), plus he does this thing where he's always got his eyebrows raised, which automatically makes me want him to get punched in the face because only smug gits do that.... so yeah, that was pretty sweet watching him get tooled.

Recently Li Jingliang KOing Dhiego Lima. I'd predicted a KO and a first round finish for Li after watching about 5 hours of fight tape, so when it came off I was jumping up and down on my swivel chair :P

Lawler/McDonald made me have the biggest freakout in living memory. We're talking jumping around the living room screaming incomprehensibly.

That was one of the craziest fights ever ever saw man, that was nuts.. Lawlor is unbeatable right now.

And I was exactly that way last night after Connor won.. I thought he was losing pretty heavily those first 2 rounds he never looked in a lot of danger, Mendes was punishing him bad with overhand rights and ground elbows those were brutal.

I'm a huge McGregor fan, ever since his debut, I freaked and jumped up and collapsed on the floor haha

GSP KOing Matt Hughes. I'd just read all the backstory about what a horrible bastard Matt Hughes is (or at least was when he was younger), plus he does this thing where he's always got his eyebrows raised, which automatically makes me want him to get punched in the face because only smug gits do that.... so yeah, that was pretty sweet watching him get tooled.

Recently Li Jingliang KOing Dhiego Lima. I'd predicted a KO and a first round finish for Li after watching about 5 hours of fight tape, so when it came off I was jumping up and down on my swivel chair :P

Li is a f'ing beast,I'm love all the Chinese fighters they bring it. Li is really underrated.

And GSP is my favourite and Hughes I've always hated because of the reasons you stated and because he's just a douche.

What did he do? I agree he is a douche but i never read about what he did when he was younger :P

Yeah, never knew any of that shit. Hope he dies from something horrible that causes plenty of suffering.

I hope a bunch of pigs mutilate him and eat his testicles while he is still alive, and get his parents to watch too. Maybe threaten to throw him out of the window or get his dad to beat him up.

Eurgh....

I am not a big fan of Mir but I felt really happy for him koing Duffee. All respect to this man.

Same here, I've liked Mir a lot more over the course of his later career. I rooted for him against Bigfoot! Duffee and a few others but I hated on him mostly because he finished Big Nog twice, that broke my heart haha

Glad to see him back in the mix at HW now, he still has a few good fights left in him. The thing with him is he is extremely dangerous wherever the fight is taking place, a rare HW tool.

Same here, I've liked Mir a lot more over the course of his later career. I rooted for him against Bigfoot! Duffee and a few others but I hated on him mostly because he finished Big Nog twice, that broke my heart haha

Glad to see him back in the mix at HW now, he still has a few good fights left in him. The thing with him is he is extremely dangerous wherever the fight is taking place, a rare HW tool.

Yeah Big Nog got finished twice by Mir was sad to watch but it showed that how great Mir is as a finisher. I can see Mir winning one or two more fights before he retires.

I agree with you about how dangerous Mir is. He can finish guys standing and on the ground. Many of his finishes are highlight reel. (Big Nogx2, Abbott, Sylvia, Bigfoot, Duffee, Sims, Williams and more...)

I knew Matt Hughes was a douche but when people here mentioned his younger years I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He's a young kid, we all make mistakes as dumb immature kids but after reading those summaries from his book this guy is a psychopath. This guy should not be raising kids or married.

Yeah Big Nog got finished twice by Mir was sad to watch but it showed that how great Mir is as a finisher. I can see Mir winning one or two more fights before he retires.

I agree with you about how dangerous Mir is. He can finish guys standing and on the ground. Many of his finishes are highlight reel. (Big Nogx2, Abbott, Sylvia, Bigfoot, Duffee, Sims, Williams and more...)

....I agree, Mir's career has been really great, hope he sticks around awhile... The HW division is pretty old and and the age is getting up their for most top HW's..he can fit in still, no one else is getting younger either except Arlovski and Werdum it seems lol.

I knew Matt Hughes was a douche but when people here mentioned his younger years I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He's a young kid, we all make mistakes as dumb immature kids but after reading those summaries from his book this guy is a psychopath. This guy should not be raising kids or married.

And yeah, how he has a wife or children is beyond me.... Shame Robbie Lawlor is so closely associated with this assclown.

• Upvote 1

I really would love to see

Mir/Barnett 2 - the two best grapplers in the HW division(besides Werdum). First fight was a real iffy stoppage and I love the whole "Catch Wrestling vs. BJJ rivalry they have going on between them.

Mir/Hunt would be good if Hunt showed up in good shape, we know what he is capable of and Mir would be more than willing to exchange hands lol.

Mir vs Rothwell OR Cro Cop 2 (hope it's better than the first) OR Mir vs Shaub or Mitrione even would give Mir another good shot at getting another highlight reel win.. Even an Overeem rematch makes since if they won't do the damn Overeem/JDS fight soon. I'd bet on Mir catching him with something this time probably.

I still wanna see Barnett vs Fedor personally. I was bummed when we missed out on it in Affliction and still think it'd be badass. I'd also like to see Fedor/Nog 4 in Metamoris.