Favorite 3 wins in MMAtycoon

My 3 own favorite wins in my MMATycoon career are :

1) Vlad's win over Chev Chelios :

I challenged all the top 10 fighters in his division for a fight and Chev stepped up. Big props for him for taking the fight! It was a great fight with a lot of action and most likely my biggest win so far.

2) Dickie his win over Logan Sackett:

Many see this fight as the biggest upset in the mad cash tournament so far and some even say that it's the upset of the year. I scouted my opponent a million times as I knew I had to come up with something great to win against such an elite manager. To many people's surprise, and to some extend my own surprise as well, Dickie was outstriking Sackett and got the upset win.

3) Ryu his win over Jason Sturd:

Ryu is a fighter I created myself and that I have had high hopes for. He was doing good, but the champion somehow seemed to be far stronger than he looks on paper. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the fight went exactly as I hoped/planned and Ryu won the title.

• Upvote 1

1. Liam O'Connor vs Django Diggs

Liam was a heavy underdog for this fight and many believed he didn't stand a chance against Chris Karter's Django Diggs. There was a lot of smack talk between the fighters before this fight went down. I was fearful that it would be a quick fight with Liam being KO'd early but the game plan worked, Liam eventually managed to pull guard against Django and within seconds secured a submission victory.

2. Leroy Morris vs Clint Lomax

Clint Lomax is probably one of the most well known fighters I have ever fought in MMA Tycoon. A BW / FW legend. With Leroy Morris 35 and quickly heading towards the end of his career I knew I had to try and get him a high profile fight before he retired. I noticed that Clint Lomax was unsigned by any organisation and at 42 years old was still fighting, so I decided to call him out with Leroy Morris: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49576

It was a good fight and I was happy how it went, Leroy comfortably won two rounds and secured the win even though there was a shady judge who gave the fight to Clint Lomax. The judge must of been a Clint Lomax fan....

Leroy has since signed with Syn and rumours are that after a bit of smack talk between the two fighters, Leroy and Charles Martel are going to finally fight, this time with higher stakes on the line - the Syn BW title.

3. Daniel O'Sullivan vs Ronin Mori

One of Daniel's fight during ITFL Season 3. I liked this fight for two reasons, it was a victory vs Castor and also because Ronin Mori was probably one of the toughest grappler to fight Daniel at the time. Daniel won by submission.

• Upvote 1

well, i have 448 wins so choosing 3 is a real hard job so i'll just post whichever memorable win first comes to my mind at this very moment.

Eckstein
vs
Nygma

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=711504

Nygma won first KT title which was also mine first at KT by defeating highly fancied Jack who mas managed at that time by no. 1 kelly.Even i was flabbergasted to see that i won.

Nygma
vs
Brandao
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=716592

Nygam defends his title in style.

Island 265+ KT final
Brigante
vs
Szczęsny
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=734679

Brigante had huge skill advantage but didn't matter much in the end.

Behnder
vs
Boshesh
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=601619

my first ever 5 sec victory.

Red
vs
Bug

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=740300

Rivalry settled in style.

Szczęsny
vs
Grimes
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=724106

Island loudmouth Victor puts undefeated contender in his place.

Szczęsny
vs
Six

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=728602

Szczesny wins PRIDE KT tourney by beating Six.

will add more.

Grant Brophy vs Random Collective - HMFL FN 49 - 4/12/14

My very first fighter's last fight in MMA Tycoon. Was a bit of a heart breaker to retire him after this, he did really well considering I gave him one of the noobiest builds ever, but his Granite Chin and great hiddens carried him through fights, and it was great to get a victory in his last bout.

Robert Baratheon vs James Kennedy - Most Violent Fighter Finale - 13/12/14

Finals of the Most Violent Fighter tournament. I had pretty little hope going in, as my opponent was Granite Chinned while I had Cuts Easily and Determined. Managed to use my Wrestling well to clinch him for the majority of the 50 minute fight, and it would go on to be not only my first tournament victory since coming back, but my first title since returning as well.

I found it hard to choose a third fight, as I have it tied between two:

Pika Chu vs Sam Hall - Mad Cash 185 Round 2 - 20/6/15

The most skilled opponent I have had to face with Pika Chu, who was my first project fighter since coming back. I was a bit worried that I would get fucked up, but I knew my opponent was a bit chinny as my alliance mate used to manage him so I went a bit higher in my damage and scored a Submission due to Strikes victory.

Sephiroth Jenova vs Bruce Honeybottom - Solitude 12 - 24/6/15

My second fighter to win a title in MMA Tycoon since I returned. Not only did he win the title after this, but he also went up to #1 P4P on The Island, something I hadn't managed to achieve before. It's more an achievement victory than a satisfying one.

Great thread. I thought this was what that other one "Happiest you've ever been with a fight outcome" was, but that's about real life. Pah. Boring!

In Tycooniverse these are a few of my best;

3. Raoul De Muerta v Avro Lancaster One of my most promising young fighters up against the first genuine top level manager I'd faced in Chris Karter. When I accepted the fight my guy was slightly below his primary wise but I knew he was on the verge of popping and a day or two before the fight Raoul popped in boxing and wrestling to match him. On paper they looked identical.

The first round was close but I surprised him with a takedown and submission attempts. The second round Avro started dominating and gassed out Raoul. But late in the final round Raoul pulled out some glorious striking to knock him down, rock him and demolish him with 25 seconds to go. I was pleased to say the least. Chris K sacked his fighter afterwards.

2. Raoul De Muerta v Dan Stall Raoul was proving himself a top contender and he was matched up against Dan Stall, managed by Jacob What. It was a long training camp of over a month and a lot of scouting and planning and changing of plans went on. Both fighters were unbeaten 6-0 v 8-0. Bjorn at NYFN got a special poster made up: "Showdown Of The Unbeatables". It was a tense watch, Stall took round 1 but midway through round 2 Raoul connected clean with a couple of power uppercuts to finish it and keep hold of his title.

1. Yuri Boshtok v Gerry Khan Just a couple of days ago. It was the culmination of a year long tournament - Troids Next Top Fighter. Going into the final round Yuri was ahead of the chasing pack by one point. He needed a finish to secure #1 spot. A decision win and he could be pipped by a couple of other fighters. It still makes me feel unwell to write about it. It was definitely the most horrendous fight I have ever read in pbp, I thought we'd messed it up. The first two rounds were shared and Yuri was probably going to win the third to claim a decision win, but that wasn't going to be enough to win the tourney. I've recently lost two other big tournaments in the final in fights I thought I was gonna win. Thoughts of quitting the game were going through my head, I can't lie! I was trying to keep calm thinking of the words to his walkout song Jump Around by House of Pain "I'm the cream of the crop, I rise to the top" "I ain't going out like that" "I came to win. Battle me that's a sin" etc etc. With four seconds to go Yuri (IQ 141) sinks in a triangle choke after a scramble on the ground and Khan taps out. God damn that felt good. Pure joy. Not to mention a year's VIP and 1 million dollars, thanks Grant.

• Upvote 1

I have had a few, but these were the ones that I got most excited for and heard my heart pounding as i read pbp :D (in no particular order)

1. Drogo vs. Hardwood

Was the Vendetta vs LOD event and i put up who i thought would be one of my top guys. The win came later than i expected and helped me realise some flaws in Drogo's game which i set out to mend.

2. Cearul vs. Drama

I'm not quite so sure why this makes the list, but i remember reading the pbp really slowly. Almost all of Cearul's fights could make the list, but i think that was more to do with the tournament he was taking part in

3. Giantsbane vs. Ship

My first title in MMAT, was a close fight on paper going in, he has the wrestling advantage and was older than my guy. He's no longer on my roster but will always be remembered for that win.

I expect more fights to overtake these ones sooner or later though, early days...

• Upvote 1

Kshitjscoles, actually brigante didn't have a huge skill advantage

lol,really? at that time it was my guy's 8 boxing 6 wrestling vs your guy's 7 boxing,12 Muay Thai, 8 wrestling.

not to mention your guy was a 25 year old while mine was a 18yr old.

This is a great topic, now where do I start, think I will do these in reverse order...

3. Kuroda Atsushi vs Malaipet Sasiprapa

Following 3 previous failed attempts Kuroda finally stepped up and dominated Sasiprapa for a 50-45 UD Victory and won the BFT 155lbs Title for the fourth time.

2. Niko Alzate vs Cyril Makarenko

Like Kuroda before him Niko had failed in 3 previous attempts to defeat Makarenko including a KO Loss with a mere 1 second remaining in round 5 after dominating the entire fight.

1. Leroy Brown vs Jack Potatoes

Headlining my first ever attempt at a PPV and in my first real bigtime fight (I almost always lost the big fight no matter what stage it was on) my boy Leroy pulled off the victory sending me into likely my first ever Tycoon fueled happy dance alienating myself from my entire family! In true Louie fashion a rematch was set 6 months later and I got my ass handed to me!

lol,really? at that time it was my guy's 8 boxing 6 wrestling vs your guy's 7 boxing,12 Muay Thai, 8 wrestling.

not to mention your guy was a 25 year old while mine was a 18yr old.

noooo, my guy was lower. I may had a few primary advantages, but not that. You did outslider me and you definetly have better hiddens. Not taking anything from you, the win was rightfully yours.

• Upvote 1

Aloha Hoi vs Travis Reed. Huge upset at the time and my first #1 heavyweight and #1 p4p fighter.
Jon Hess vs Dustin Douglas. Another huge upset, another top heavy.
Jan Paulsen vs Alexey Ignashov. First title belt I ever won iirc. Ignashov's manager (Vadim Stein) was pretty much constantly #2 behind Avon at the time and it was a huge win for me.

Honorable mention: Khalid Hayes vs Tiago Renato, Lance Templeton vs Tigran Badoyan, Lord Vader vs Damien Grabowski.

Aloha Hoi vs Travis Reed. Huge upset at the time and my first #1 heavyweight and #1 p4p fighter.

Jon Hess vs Dustin Douglas. Another huge upset, another top heavy.

Jan Paulsen vs Alexey Ignashov. First title belt I ever won iirc. Ignashov's manager (Vadim Stein) was pretty much constantly #2 behind Avon at the time and it was a huge win for me.

Honorable mention: Khalid Hayes vs Tiago Renato, Lance Templeton vs Tigran Badoyan, Lord Vader vs Damien Grabowski.

I almost forgot my honorable mention, victory by way of Wind Tunnel KO.... I Shiv vs Frank Rizzo Jr 11 strikes landed on 130 strike attempts and down goes I Shiv... That has to go down as the funniest fight I ever read, all the missed strike attempts equalled Rizzo Jr hypnotizing I Shiv to sleep...

:D

Great topic.

Some fights in no order:

Slopey Smith vs Pluto Palhares

What was remarkable in Slopey was that he wasn't that good at anything and he was no skill monster either. He was described in TotT as inexperienced and good in bed. Just a hard worker who had pretty good success in his modest career. But this fight was definitely the highlight of his career. He was the first (and still only one of two) guy to ever submit Pluto Palhares, who came into the fight as an unstoppable force with a record of 32-3. I was so happy Slopey could have his 15 minutes of fame and he reached #20 P4P what was to be his highest rank ever. Two weeks later they had an immediate rematch that was a hard fought 5 round decision loss for Slopey but at that point it did not matter anymore, his dreams were already fullfilled.

Kauko Partio vs Kawamura Yoshimune

At this point Yoshimune was highly regarded top of the food chain killer with a 19-1 record and was riding an 18 fight win streak and his manager might have been the number one in rankings at the time. Meanwhile Kauko was not that well known and was still developing, but his monthly routine consisted of fighting some misters in Versus... What were they called... Azure... Black... Looking back, they were actually top of the line talents. The fight was really close and fighters took turns in dominating rounds, if it hit the ground it was Kauko's and standing up Yoshimune's reach was the dominating factor. So in the fifth Kauko took it down and beat him like he owed him money. Great upset. Later on his career Kauko went on to become #1 P4P in the game and his old scrapping partner from Versus reached #2 P4P...

Hector Cabrera vs Sly Randolph

This fight was the pinnacle of a cinderella story, sort of. Hector was old as fuck. He was already past his prime. He probably should have already retired at this point of his career. But Hector would have none of it. EVO 145 division at that time was filled with stars, you could easily say most of the elite were there. The Latino Heat started to kick ass and take names, after a 5 fight win streak he got the chance for the gold. He was facing Sly Randolph who had won 9 out of his last 11 and against all well known names. He was basically impossible to finish, having had only one finish loss and that was 39 fights ago... These two very versatile fighters decided to do the fighting mainly on the ground and it went on until the 4th round...

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:20 of round 4, we have a winner by way of Submission (Armbar). Hector Cabrera!
Hector Cabrera is the new featherweight champion!
In his post fight interview, Hector Cabrera gave a big smile as he said 'I was at the top of the world at 24 years old. That was like a million years ago. Now at 37 I have completed my dream of a great comeback. And it feels... So good. Thank you.'

• Upvote 3

Bruce Lee vs Samuel Berzins Island: Season two tournament quarter finals. Berzins was the heavy favorite to win the season tournament and was riding a 13 fight win streak.

Bruce Lee vs Charles Benedict Island Season Two tournament finals. Benedict was 13-0 and was a favorite going into this one. Lee had zero defensvie grappling and when Benedict scored the takedown I was scared to death cuz i knew that one sub attempt and it would be over but luckily the round ended and Lee would go on to win the season tournament

Pete vs Cranston My first and only 5 second KO

• Upvote 1

Paul Luvi vs Ori Jokinen ( http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=625919 ) because it was my first big win over an established manager. I thought Luvi was doomed, but he came out with a fluke KO.

Flavius Odoacer vs Jeremy Stapleton ( http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=739900 ). This was cool because of all the stuff Stu had written about Stapleton in the forums. Even awhile after he had went on to another manager I still remembered the write up and it helped make this fight special.

James Miller vs Mega Minion ( http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=749607 ) This was cool because it showed me some things on Miller that need fixed, and allowed me to fine-tune the game of one of my favorite fighters. I'm comin for ya, Minion! I lost this one, but I still felt a sense of satisfaction from how Miller carried himself in defeat.

let me think 3 most memorable wins

Vladislav Maslow versus Jonah Jamm http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=742852

this fight was one of the fights with my challenge with skull.His hopes of beating me 3 -0 quickly evaporated after this fight .His ego and confidence took a bit of a beating after this one.Even due he won the challenge in the finish up i still feel i took him down a peg or 2 :yes: .

Tom Moore versus Bart Finkelton http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=633817

One of first fighters maybe even my first.This was one of my fights form the island season 1 .I still remember it since the guy knock me out in or first fight and was talking mad smack on the forums .There was quiet a build up and i really wanted to beat this guy.What followed was one of the best fights an exciting fights i have ever read.IN my opinion the most exiting rounds one ever in mma tycoon history .The rest of the fight was still exciting but round 1 was the best.I came away with the decision.Moore shock everybody and had a great run on the island reaching the semi finals.Part of the reason he is still on my roster as a pa today

Duce Bigalo versus Maurício Aurelio http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=647424

winning my first title.Yep that a great day and hope to go on to bigger and better things .Titles have be hard to come by and keep so i still remember the first . Duce with on a great run winning but eventually being a 25 year old caught up with him .It was pretty exciting watching his run of fights

i think i make a forum topic 3 most devastating loses i feel that would be great to read :thumbup:

Duncan McAlister Vs Rutger Crax

(http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=612270), winning your first title is pretty big, but in my case it was really special. I was 0-11 in title fights going into this match (http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39389), those losses motivated me and made this moment so much better. Easily my all time favorite fight.

Duncan McAlister Vs Cain Velasquez

(http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=754344), Duncan resurrected his career with a three fight winning streak after a lengthy rough patch and won himself a title shot. Duncan, a 39 year old striker facing an elite grappler in the prime of his life. Honestly, my expectations were pretty low going into this fight and my fear became reality as Cain easily took Duncan down, one minute into the first round. But lo and behold, Duncan not only won the battle on the ground, he finished Cain and made it look easy.

Jason Boma Vs Nikolay Obruchev

(http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=477394), Boma was a huge underdog as my opponent had a pretty big skill advantage. Boma was a wrestler with some basic boxing and decent BJJ skills, facing an elite wrestler with some solid BJJ and striking skills. As expected Boma got dominated early, but when the fight went to the ground Boma actually managed to submit the clearly superior grappler on paper, resulting in a huge upset victory.