Starting a company

Qester

One of the things with companies is you can take out a loan. I think clothing is easiest, you're basicly only spending money on designs (if you don't make your own), stock, and sponsorships. Org takes more money because you have to pay people to fight in it plus pay for events, I haven't done a nutrion company but I think you have to pay a lot to get high quality merchandise. I don't know anything about bookmakers. Gyms require money for upkeep and if the fees from the fighters don't cover your expenses you're doomed. Though that's what I think. Other people can tell you more or give you a better idea.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the game and thinking of getting VIP, i really enjoy the idea of running a company.

What kind of start up captal do I need? And what are the pros/cons of eahc type of company? Which one is the easiest to make money

As Kenlow said, there is a 50k loan that you can take out to start a company.

Easiest one to make is an org, but it is also the most difficult and time consuming company to run. It won't make you a ton of money right away, but with time and patience you can earn a good amount of money.

Nutrition is probably the most difficult because in order to have top quality products (160Q) it takes about $1.5 million to research each product. If you want lower quality which some people will buy and others won't, then you can have a few different products at decent quality for about 200k.

Running a clothing company is similar to nutrition, but the there is no research involved. Just make decent designs and have fair prices and people will buy. Unfortunately, it still isn't that lucrative.

I agree with what the others said. I have had a clothing store in the past and it's posssibly the best way to start. It's not very hard and you can make good enough money by also selling skins for fighters + you also get to meet some new managers if they ask a custom design.

Orgs are by far the most fun for me , but they are time consuming and I would advice very newer manager that wants in the org business to first join somewhere as staff and learn first, so that you won't fail later.

I haven't run a nutrition store and won't. It's superexpensive I've heard and certainly not something a new manager should open if you ask me.

Good luck and keep us updated on what you decided to do ;)

• Upvote 1

my 2 cents

Recommended

gym

i recommend for new players .Very easy to maintained don't steady income stream if you open at the right spot and have a fairly high quality gym.You can train your fighter there also to get then quality training .Not the biggest earner but definite recommended

clothing company

If you know anything about graphics an designs this also another good option .A steady earner for sure.You can also do a laundry which is in high demand.

org

The granddaddy of then all.Very time consuming with very little money to be main at the start ( you i wlll lose money your first couple of events) but if you planning to be here long term and stick with it is the most profitable company to be had out of all of then .

​nutrition company

avoid at all cost.The amount of money you have to invest in to get any decent product is huge. Also the competition is very fierce .Some nutrition owners have spend 5 million plus on products .So yeah if you what to spend shit load of money and be waiting 2 to 3 years in real life time to see any return in your investment that go ahead .

Ive run every type of company except org and i found that the gym is probably the best to make money.

It might be better if you placed a bid on gyms for sale that have enough fighters in the gym to make profit it saves all the coaching fees you have to pay to hire news ones if you started from scratch.

Clothing Company isnt to bad easier if you can make the designs yourself (unlike myself) i got people to make my designs and paid them, reasonable amount of price and youll do ok.

Bookmakers give or take really its betting ive had profits in some events and made losses in others i wouldnt bother. i have 5.3 million cash so i can waste a little off my money at the bookmaker lol.

Nutrition company (i currently have) i have spent $1.3 million on making a 160q product and this is my financial break down.

Expenses Income Profit/Loss Stock Sales

SN Energy 160q $1,328,050 $535,496 $-792,554 3977 3713

Ive had the company around 2 months and i'm nearly half way to breaking even, its hard but im sticking at it. Plus ontop of that all the sponsors ive sent out too.

An org ive heard can make you money but you need to spend a lot of time at it, and some may not work out the way you hoped. Overall the gym is probably the easiest you dont have to do much to run it just to change the quality and cleanliness of the gym every so often and can make a profit every week if you have it as public.

Clothing or Gym (clothing IMO) are by far the easiest to start with little money, you'll always at least break even on a clothes store. Gym I've only ever ran one that was established and once it's their its easy but not sure on the start-up.

Running an Org is awesome but not worth it unless you've got big financial backing (even better if it's not your money :P )

i'm noob too and now running a fight org. it's not easy to run fight org because we must have enough money to hire enough fighters with decent payment for some weight classes and book for events. really time consuming because we must pay attention on their managers to know if their active to log in or not for match making.

yes, i think the easiest is running cloth because i'd seen a company only upload t-shirt and short image with no picture, while for a gym must be 'cheap' to attract people

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the great advice guys. My inital interests are either a fight org or a gym... And obviously the fight org seems out of the question financnially right now...

A question about gyms, is there a reasonable market for a 'stepping stone gym'?

If I recall, for young fighters at low levels, it doesn't matter the level of the coach once they get to a certain level, the gains are still the same.

So what if I made a 'ground and pound gym' with say decent coaches (not maxed) that focused on ground and pound skills...Is that something people are willing to pay for?

Thanks for all the great advice guys. My inital interests are either a fight org or a gym... And obviously the fight org seems out of the question financnially right now...

A question about gyms, is there a reasonable market for a 'stepping stone gym'?

If I recall, for young fighters at low levels, it doesn't matter the level of the coach once they get to a certain level, the gains are still the same.

So what if I made a 'ground and pound gym' with say decent coaches (not maxed) that focused on ground and pound skills...Is that something people are willing to pay for?

people dont use GnP that much unless they are a ground fighter but i think most managers tend to go for the sprawl and brawl style i believe (correct me if im wrong) generally speaking Circuit Training is a must for all managers which is a start you could start with?

people dont use GnP that much unless they are a ground fighter but i think most managers tend to go for the sprawl and brawl style i believe (correct me if im wrong) generally speaking Circuit Training is a must for all managers which is a start you could start with?

Ah gotcha, In my head I wanted to do a gym that did Standup (mainly defense), Takedowns and then BJJ...hmmm

How can i assess which cities need gyms?

Ah gotcha, In my head I wanted to do a gym that did Standup (mainly defense), Takedowns and then BJJ...hmmm

How can i assess which cities need gyms?

Tokyo, Rio, and Petersburg don't have 'cheap' public gyms. you may start there i think. and the money for new created fighters are good enough there

So I bought VIP and am looking at opening a gym in Rio, thinking about some circuit training and possibly and may some medium level coaches in a few things (Superb?) while staying well under competitors prices (300-400). Does this sound like a reasonable idea, upgrading coaches as income permits?

So I bought VIP and am looking at opening a gym in Rio, thinking about some circuit training and possibly and may some medium level coaches in a few things (Superb?) while staying well under competitors prices (300-400). Does this sound like a reasonable idea, upgrading coaches as income permits?

I think superb would be useless even for beginner fighters .I say wonderful coaches would be your best bet .I thinking charge the full 1000 because money isnt that short anymore even for noobs (good public gyms or) . If you can cap at 50 and have 2 fighters per coach that would be very good training and you also make a bit for yourself also

Thank you to BonesJones for making some awesome Logo/Banner for me!

Update to all; thank you everyone for your amazing advice. I have opened up an affordable sparring gym in Rio, with a Sauna + an Elite Conditioning Coach!

Thank you everyone, and if anyone needs a cheap gym in Rio please consider Sentinel Sparring!