American Dentist illegally kills Lion

Wolf

Use a GPS tracking device on an animal and lure it off of the reserve with food and kill it in a cruel manner where it must suffer for hours before dying just for a trophy? It would be one thing if he jumped into a cage fight with it and won. Otherwise its like fighting a dog with an armored tank.

Stupid

+1.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's true of course, but look at it this way..

Just because this wierd kind of animal death prostitution might have some incidental positives because it generates money, it doesn't make it a good thing. I know you already agree because you said "That being said. Fuck that guy. What a dick.". I just want to expand that idea a bit.

That guy had $50k to spend. He could have spent that $50k on protecting lions. He could have had the warm feeling of doing something good, and I'm sure (if attention is what he seeks) he could take a holiday (vacation) in Africa and be treated as a guest of honour. The Man That Donated $50k. I'm sure he would be greeted by preservationists there, and most of the local population, as a hero. As well as keeping the lions safe, he could be providing work for twenty people for years. He could have visited there as a well loved patron and gone out anytime and viewed the lions he helped to protect.

But no, what was important to this nasty fuckwit was that he could go back to the Minneapolis suburbs and "impress" his hunting friends that he went to another part of the world and killed a lion in its prime, with no regard to lions, Africans, or life itselff. Arrogant shit. That's what's important to him. He must be a real cbomb.

While I agree with most of what you are saying, I think you are being a little idealistic.

That dentist will probably never donate 50k to anything without a sort of trophy. Say only 5k of his expenditure filters back to antipoaching efforts (in effect it's usually much more). That is 5k that wasn't there. That is a lot of wages in a third world environment.

Like I said. Fuck him. But I'm most worried about biodiversity on this planet. If we can solicit money from assholes to save whole species -- then I say let them be assholes. Just so we can have a world full of life. Real world outcomes are what matters. Sometimes it takes pandering to assholes.

What we do know is that if nothing is done, we will have nothing left. It is guaranteed that the poor and starving will exploit natural resources more than any other group. Population is only going up in Africa. It's easy to do the math.

• 7 years later...

It is deeply disturbing and disheartening to hear about the incident involving the American dentist who lured Cecil the Lion off the National Park and killed it for sport, taking its head as a trophy. This act not only violated the protection of a majestic animal but also displayed a disregard for conservation efforts and ethical considerations.

Trophy hunting, in general, remains a highly controversial topic. While some argue that it can provide revenue for conservation efforts and local communities, others emphasize the ethical concerns and the potential negative impact on endangered species. The key lies in striking a balance between conservation, sustainability, and respect for the lives of these animals.

The incident involving Cecil the Lion sparked widespread outrage and highlighted the need for stricter regulations and enforcement to prevent such acts from happening in the future. It also served as a catalyst for raising awareness about wildlife conservation and the importance of preserving these magnificent creatures for future generations.

32 minutes ago, baloro129 said:

It is deeply disturbing and disheartening to hear about the incident involving the American dentist who lured Cecil the Lion off the National Park and killed it for sport, taking its head as a trophy. This act not only violated the protection of a majestic animal but also displayed a disregard for conservation efforts and ethical considerations.

Trophy hunting, in general, remains a highly controversial topic. While some argue that it can provide revenue for conservation efforts and local communities, others emphasize the ethical concerns and the potential negative impact on endangered species. The key lies in striking a balance between conservation, sustainability, and respect for the lives of these animals.

The incident involving Cecil the Lion sparked widespread outrage and highlighted the need for stricter regulations and enforcement to prevent such acts from happening in the future. It also served as a catalyst for raising awareness about wildlife conservation and the importance of preserving these magnificent creatures for future generations.

There is no way this wasn't written by an AI