Judo

is there no judo training in this game im new so i created a fighter and there's no Judo

their is BJJ Brazilian jui Juzo and Wrestling and that are almost the same like Judo and these things.

There's no judo at the moment.. but considering how the careers of sokoudjou and karo have gone recently.. I dunno if that's gonna change haha

One day I might introduce some sort of "special attribute" type thing, like judo... Maybe the fighters could go on training camps or something. There's nothing imminently planned to include judo though.

There's no KARATE either!!!!

Then again... it wouldn't really be fair if you added in Karate. This game would turn into a bunch of Machida's and no one would ever beat the other... we'd just circle the cage looking "elusive" and never getting deserved title shots.

Karate and Judo are in the same situation IMO..

I think both should be an special atribute, as "Doesn't cut easily" , " Granite Chin" and why not "Knows Judo" or " Versed in Karate"

We don't have lot of good fighters that bring Judoo or karate to the top, except from Machida..

Judo you can say...Akiyama? Yoshida? Soukdjou?

Well, secret attribute would be better IMO :D

You can make a judo fighter by building up takedowns and clinchwork. Takedowns can come either from wrestling shots (which use speed) or from the clinch (which uses strength).

Actually, that might be fun little thing #209 on your list MMATycoon - in the play-by-play if the takedowns come from the clinch you could have the PBP read "Harai Goshi" "Uchi Mata" "over-the-shoulder suplex" etc. Using both judo and Greco-Roman terms.

judo terms are so hard to remember. ive done judo on and off and i'd always be like "...that's the one where you sweep the leg, right?"

i dont think a judo training would be bad. you could always make specialized areas down the line. like you could do an upperbody takedown section that covers greco and judo. judo has much more than just upperbody takedowns...but people love those ones most, heh.

greco roman wrestling is not judo its a style of wrestling

The Romans first started "Judomacus," or "bend with hip," while training hand to hand combat during the conquering of the Germanic hordes. Judomacus is eventually what evolved into judo and Greco-Roman wrestling.

Greco-Roman wrestling and Judo have the same father martial art.

• 1 year later...

It would be nice to have a "special training slot". Judo is not the only Martial Art to cosider, just think about:

Sambo

Krav Maga

JKD

etc...

It wuold be great, in my opinion, but maybe it would be costly in terms of programming.

I'd love to see JKD with potential one inch punch wins and illegal eye pokes and groin shots :lol: They have their strengths but the specialties have they're weaknesses. To the programming room!

I'd love to see judo in the game. Maybe make it a primary skill that you can choose from. Instead of wrestling or BJJ you could pick judo. Judo has takedowns, matwork and submissions. It's actually a very versatile skill. I think it's very underused and underestimated in MMA.

their is BJJ Brazilian jui Juzo and Wrestling and that are almost the same like Judo and these things.

LOL was I the only one to see this????

eaglestate what is your avatar from

It's Antonio Inoki slapping Machida, after his victory over Rich Franklin if i'm not mistaken.

In Japan they believe that getting slapped 3 times by Inoki gives you good luck for the rest of your career.

It's Antonio Inoki slapping Machida, after his victory over Rich Franklin if i'm not mistaken.

In Japan they believe that getting slapped 3 times by Inoki gives you good luck for the rest of your career.

Not only that but they believe it gives you courage and people lineup to get slapped by him. Not just fighters.

Not only that but they believe it gives you courage and people lineup to get slapped by him. Not just fighters.

All true. It's weird. I wish people wanted me to do that.

Perhaps when creating a fighter there could be a selection of martial arts that you could choose one from by ticking a box like the hiddens.

Whatever you choose adds a few little moves into your armory, so if you have Judo your guy might perform a hip toss every now and again as a takedown from the clinch for instance.