Football Manager 16

Mentor

I am not sure if you guys noticed, but the new version is already on pre launch sale now on steam! Every damn year i say i am not going to buy the next version, but i pretty much fail. There will be some draft option for creating leagues in this one, which sounds like something very interesting for online leagues.

I feel recent versions are not major improvements any more, however they are getting better slightly with each edition. What i would love to see is a much faster game, It takes ages to sim in between games, i think 40-50% of the time you end up looking at the screen waiting for the next game to come up or for the off season to start.

• 3 months later...

So has anyone bought this? What are your first impressions? I have been reading around various reviews and i am not sure it is really worth paying the extra money for this. The new features (such as the custom leagues and interviews etc) do not cut it for me. What about the speed of the game? Is it any faster? I mean do you still have to wait for ages until the next game comes up? What about the "go on holiday mode" is that improved or changed in any way? In previous versions i would often skip some of the easier games using that mode, but often the computer would not rotate correctly or i would come back to a squad which was unhappy because the assistant coach would fine a player or something.

I get the game every year because honestly I don't think there's a game out there that I get better value for money for. I've currently got a save where I'm Cheltenham and I've already got them promoted from the conference south and now working on getting them promoted to League 2. Prior to my success at Cheltenham, I was going to be sacked at Albion Rovers in Scotland, FC Gute in Sweden and some small club in Norway.

What about some of the issues i brought up? Especially this:

What about the speed of the game? Is it any faster? I mean do you still have to wait for ages until the next game comes up? What about the "go on holiday mode" is that improved or changed in any way? In previous versions i would often skip some of the easier games using that mode, but often the computer would not rotate correctly or i would come back to a squad which was unhappy because the assistant coach would fine a player or something.

What about some of the issues i brought up? Especially this:

What about the speed of the game? Is it any faster? I mean do you still have to wait for ages until the next game comes up? What about the "go on holiday mode" is that improved or changed in any way? In previous versions i would often skip some of the easier games using that mode, but often the computer would not rotate correctly or i would come back to a squad which was unhappy because the assistant coach would fine a player or something.

I can't comment on the speed of the game because I got a new PC to play FM 16 on. I don't use the "go on holiday" mode often, only if I'm unemployed.

I've probably still played more time playing LMA 2004 than any other game ever, but never game FM a go. Got a couple of games I'l like to try out, WMMA for example, but it's hard to justify paying 30-60 quid for a sim game over 15 quid for every single Bioshock game.

On the last FM (FM15) I spent nearly 800 hours on it. If it cost me £30 (I think I got it reduced) I would have paid 3.75 pence for every hour I played the game.

• Upvote 1

On the last FM (FM15) I spent nearly 800 hours on it. If it cost me £30 (I think I got it reduced) I would have paid 3.75 pence for every hour I played the game.

It's not just time though. I prefer Telltale's The Walking Dead to LMA 2004 but the time played is nothing similar. A game with actual live gameplay, online potential, an engaging story etc. is just that much more to me than a simulation game. They are just a bit overpriced I reckon. If they dropped their old versions down they would be much more justifyable. FM 2015 should be 15-20 euro.

I can't comment on the speed of the game because I got a new PC to play FM 16 on. I don't use the "go on holiday" mode often, only if I'm unemployed.

I think it is time to upgrade my computer as well.

Have they made any improvements in regards to the online multi-player? I read they did something to enhance that in some way.

I have been reading up on a LOT of reviews and i came to the conclusion the parts of the game that i actually care about, have barely been touched. The only improvements which i would consider is the improved financial model, improved AI in regards to squad building and the better match engine, however from what i have read, all of those are only marginal improvements that most people have not really noticed as being improved.