Quick Learners?

Qester

1 training session 1v1 with an elite coach in a skill you did not place any points in. Use a grease monkey script to see how high the skill jumped. 7.2 I believe is the highest it can go in 1 session. Anything over 6 is pretty good. 5-6 is average, and under 5 is pretty terrible. Now, learning speed is not everything. If you test him in a fight and he gets granite chin I would still keep him and just count on spending more time training before he is rounded.

Or for a specific number you can highlight the skill bar on the skill snapshot page, right click it, and select view source. Multiply the number that comes up by 1.5 ( since skill cap is 150 and that number is a % ). So a completely useless skill would show 1.3 multiplied by 1.5 and you get 1.95. A brand new fighter with no points spent in a skill would have 1.95 in that skill. Scripts are easier, but in their absence you can do that instead. After 1 session you cannot be higher than 7.2 which is only useless +. As far as I am aware you cannot get useless ++ in one session. Don't throw away fighters and VIP time trying to get ++.

i agree with some here -- while its nice to have a fast learner sometimes they end up lacking in other hiddens -- i rather have a medium learner but better other hiddens -- especially with a cap now in place, sure might take an extra in game year for your fighter to catch up but the good hiddens will make up for it

• Upvote 1

The commentary doesn't give you too much, but it can help you figure out the heart for your fighter. For instance, if your guy gets rocked but 3 moves later is says '*** has recovered his senses' etc. his heart is really good, but if he doesn't recover or takes ages to, then his heart hidden is pretty bad. I can't really think of how else the commentary helps with discovering your fighter hiddens though.

So, in the figures next to fighters skill/learning level......

- next to the numbers means hes not learned much.

+ means hes learned a bit.

++ means hes learned a lot.

Is that correct?

Also, what do the numbers in the brackets represent?

A fighter's skill begins at 1.95, and the --, - , +, ++ is an indicator of where they are between popping the skill.

-- means the fighter is between 0-2.49

- means the fighter is between 2.5 - 4.99

+ means the fighter is between 5 - 7.49

++ means the fighter is between 7.5 - 9.99

Learning Speed is the number your fighter moves to in a skill when he starts with 1.95 in it, and trains in perfect conditions (1v1 with an Elite coach, 100% energy, 100% morale). So the best way to do this usually is to have them test the speed in their first training session after being made.

The highest your learning speed can be is 7.5, while I have seen as low as 3.5 for it. Most people will look for their fighters to hit at least + after a training session, but if a fighter has good hiddens, having - after a session might not be the end of him.

And Bwang is correct in terms of the numbers in the brackets representing how many weeks since they popped in that skill.

• Upvote 1

So, in the figures next to fighters skill/learning level......

- next to the numbers means hes not learned much.

+ means hes learned a bit.

++ means hes learned a lot.

Is that correct?

Also, what do the numbers in the brackets represent?

A fighter's skill begins at 1.95, and the --, - , +, ++ is an indicator of where they are between popping the skill.

-- means the fighter is between 0-2.49

- means the fighter is between 2.5 - 4.99

+ means the fighter is between 5 - 7.49

++ means the fighter is between 7.5 - 9.99

Learning Speed is the number your fighter moves to in a skill when he starts with 1.95 in it, and trains in perfect conditions (1v1 with an Elite coach, 100% energy, 100% morale). So the best way to do this usually is to have them test the speed in their first training session after being made.

The highest your learning speed can be is 7.5, while I have seen as low as 3.5 for it. Most people will look for their fighters to hit at least + after a training session, but if a fighter has good hiddens, having - after a session might not be the end of him.

And Bwang is correct in terms of the numbers in the brackets representing how many weeks since they popped in that skill.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.