What are your strats when making 18yo for training?

andy808

Recently came back to the game after a 4~ year hiatus and am curious how people are doing things nowadays.

I remember back in the day, people would sometimes make a new fighter with their points allocated in conditioning and put them in an early QFC fight so they could see his hiddens early on so they don't waste a lot of time training them to find out they're a dud. Others would skip conditioning and put points into agility/speed/etc, train them until a lot of their stats were Remarkable + and throw them at mid tier orgs. Others would train straight for months until theyre 22yo+ and start them in high tier orgs.

Is this still the 'norm'? How do you guys go about when you make a fresh new long term fighter?

I made 4 new fighters that i'll train for a while and went about all individually different to see how it works, but am curious on any input on how things are done today.

• Upvote 1

I remember back in the day, people would sometimes make a new fighter with their points allocated in conditioning and put them in an early QFC fight so they could see his hiddens early on so they don't waste a lot of time training them to find out they're a dud.

This is what I do usually, definitely one of the best things to do as you can quickly see who's got good / bad hiddens after you check out their learning speed.

Start with wonderful striking def and clinchwork if you make a striker. If you make a grappler, also start with wonderful striking def, but maybe combined with wonderful takedowns in that case.

As for cardio, it really depends on the weight for me. When I create a new fighter who isn't LHW or HW, I'll give him wonderful cardio normally, but if it's a (L)HW, I will often only give him mediocre cardio and just go for the kill in their first qfc.

Gettting downvoted for giving someone advice, holy shit ... I create my guys with striking def as I first fight them a few times to test hiddens. Is that a reason to downvote me?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

The way I approach Projects is how would it be the most efficient way to train them.

Make sure that the starting Primaries and Secondaries are relevant to each other, then you will maximise the efficiency of secondary training.

In most cases, I wouldn't bother starting with BJJ, since you can earn a Brown Belt through secondary training alone.

If you are gonna run a Boxer, you should give him Punches, SD and Clinch, since they are all relevant, and it means you will get a boost to MT while you train up his kicks, and your Wrestling/BJJ will be boosted from TDD, Def Grap and Transitions, along with Subs, GnP, Escapes depending on which you go for

For a Muay Thai starter, Kicks should replace the Punches, because it's pretty much the same scenario where you then train up your Punches and get a boost to Boxing.

For both of these, you realistically would also swap Striking Defense for Kicks/Punches, because training up SD improves your Boxing AND Muay Thai. I also always start with 12 in Conditioning, but that's just my preference.

I generally only go with those two builds, so somebody else might be better suited for discussing a Grappling build to start.

And also, ALWAYS start with Wonderful Clinchwork. Training up Clinch gives you points in Elbows and Knees, which ends up becoming wasted points when you hit the cap, so to train it up from Useless will give you a lot more points compared to starting from Wonderful.

• Upvote 10

And also, ALWAYS start with Wonderful Clinchwork. Training up Clinch gives you points in Elbows and Knees, which ends up becoming wasted points when you hit the cap, so to train it up from Useless will give you a lot more points compared to starting from Wonderful.

That some good info never taught of that before :graduated:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The way I approach Projects is how would it be the most efficient way to train them.

Make sure that the starting Primaries and Secondaries are relevant to each other, then you will maximise the efficiency of secondary training.

In most cases, I wouldn't bother starting with BJJ, since you can earn a Brown Belt through secondary training alone.

If you are gonna run a Boxer, you should give him Punches, SD and Clinch, since they are all relevant, and it means you will get a boost to MT while you train up his kicks, and your Wrestling/BJJ will be boosted from TDD, Def Grap and Transitions, along with Subs, GnP, Escapes depending on which you go for

For a Muay Thai starter, Kicks should replace the Punches, because it's pretty much the same scenario where you then train up your Punches and get a boost to Boxing.

For both of these, you realistically would also swap Striking Defense for Kicks/Punches, because training up SD improves your Boxing AND Muay Thai. I also always start with 12 in Conditioning, but that's just my preference.

I generally only go with those two builds, so somebody else might be better suited for discussing a Grappling build to start.

And also, ALWAYS start with Wonderful Clinchwork. Training up Clinch gives you points in Elbows and Knees, which ends up becoming wasted points when you hit the cap, so to train it up from Useless will give you a lot more points compared to starting from Wonderful

Sweet mother of God Grant what have you done?!?! Just sharpen everyone's swords why don't you. :P

:D This is great building advice.

Top post Grant, you should post this in it's own thread over in the New User Guides forum, it's been a while since we've had an updated one. :thumbup:

Top post Grant, you should post this in it's own thread over in the New User Guides forum, it's been a while since we've had an updated one. :thumbup:

To be honest I was planning on doing up a guide on different shit for noobs sometime over the Christmas break, and using it to update some of the Wiki pages. Figured on the Podcasts, we could also give some advice for noobs on it rather than talk about topics a lot of people might not be involved in.

Sweet mother of God Grant what have you done?!?! Just sharpen everyone's swords why don't you. :P

:D This is great building advice.

No point in the guy testing a fighter, getting great hiddens, only to then realised he fucked up the entire build to begin with :D

That some good info never taught of that before :graduated:

The only fighter that might work out with no starting clinch is a KT fighter, since you will likely be adding Elbows and Knees at some point anyway, but you would need to train it up before fighting anyway because no clinch is a fucking killer.