This fight scoring is a joke

Bowser

Funny. Bowser has made a living out of beating grapplers with strikers stalling on the ground with quick ref standups and now that he's the one with the grappler receiving the same treatment everything is broken.

Well, half joking here. Most of us know things need to be adjusted but most of us also have mostly strikers so they are not bothered about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's rough, I've pretty much stopped building or trying with ground guys after the escape changes, I find the game even more bias towards stand up fighters now tbh, but I have been a ground manager since the game began so.. I dunno, it's kind of a lost hope with grapplers at the top level against elite managers..

Funny. Bowser has made a living out of beating grapplers with strikers stalling on the ground with quick ref standups and now that he's the one with the grappler receiving the same treatment everything is broken.

Well, half joking here. Most of us know things need to be adjusted but most of us also have mostly strikers so they are not bothered about it.

Did you look at the box score? Trolls.... 41 standing strikes for me 28 for him, 5 take downs, time on top....filth

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's rough, I've pretty much stopped building or trying with ground guys after the escape changes, I find the game even more bias towards stand up fighters now tbh, but I have been a ground manager since the game began so.. I dunno, it's kind of a lost hope with grapplers at the top level against elite managers..

Escapes should be nerfed, they are too useful!!!!

:shades:

Depends what you want to achieve - your guy McMurphy is a good example of a ground fighter achieving success at second tier level. If your aspirations are to challenge for a title in one of the top three orgs then maybe not but there's a definitely a place for grapplers in the game. Also personally I find it much harder to set ground sliders - if you can do it well that's a solid advantage you'll have over many non-elite managers.

• Upvote 1

I mean, that 30-27 judge for Beater was drunk for sure. Seems to me escapes are scored higher than takedowns btw. Beater took round 1, Branch took round 2 so it looks to me it comes down to round 3. In round 3 Beater was landing combos and probably already throwing high damage as well, even the PBP commentary went with Beater winning the fight so you definitely didn't get shafted by the judging but the scoring system worked 100% in Beater's favor.

• Upvote 1

Escapes should be made significantly harder when your fighter is on bottom, it makes sense if you're on top that the escape should be pretty easy but when someone is on top of you its just not that easy to escape the position.

People find their way to their feet in real life all the time off of their back, especially if they train to escape like fighters who have trained escapes in the game. It was more unrealistic before imo since you couldn't get up to save your life and you needed to stall or have subs and hope to catch your opponent or just not get taken down. I actually like how you can actually create sprawl n brawl type fighters now whose only ground skills are for defense and getting back up to your feet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People find their way to their feet in real life all the time off of their back, especially if they train to escape like fighters who have trained escapes in the game. It was more unrealistic before imo since you couldn't get up to save your life and you needed to stall or have subs and hope to catch your opponent or just not get taken down. I actually like how you can actually create sprawl n brawl type fighters now whose only ground skills are for defense and getting back up to your feet.

It's way better but now it might be a bit high, it needs less or a rework and more of a tweak.

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentarypbp.php?FTID=772947

My fighter Bigbranch out classed his opponent in every way on the feet plus got multiple take downs, some gnp and top control. Was set to a fair degree of power/acc and literally got shafted by the judging.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=730183

Tell me about it bro, I am still waiting for this injustice to be overturned.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=730183

Tell me about it bro, I am still waiting for this injustice to be overturned.

You were out landed in every category, next.

For the Bigbranch fight, people here are not looking over the actual numbers. Bigbranch outlanded in all categories and had top control plus gnp, not like he lost in the stand up and then got no points for the ground. I won the stand up and the ground for minimum 2 rounds. Unless he has 70% power or greater which is unlikely, then this fight score is way off what I see in most other fights.

For the Bigbranch fight, people here are not looking over the actual numbers. Bigbranch outlanded in all categories and have top control plus gnp, not like he lost in the stand up and then got no points for the ground. He won the stand up and the ground.

I can see that a joke is not something that you are interested in at this current point of time.

You are also not considering the fact he landed those punch combo's prolly on high damage, since anyone that throws that many punch combos prolly slings that damage slider pretty high. A punch combo negates your takedown, you also have to consider energy, he was never fully out of energy, so any time he was hitting that punch combo he was hitting it at the damage intended. So, yeah i'd give him the fight on the basis he landed more damaging shots, you also need to consider the weight, his boy is a big FW, his shots are going to hurt more than a guy who isn't even at featherweight. So yeah, once again i'd give it to him.

When mike redid the scoring system, you get things like the fight bowser listed where the wrestler loses even when landing TD's and lands more strikes. It's the scoring system and how it works, some guys have figured it out and others haven't.

I'm not saying the scoring is right or wrong, just it's different then it was and many haven't adapted to make the best use of the current system. At first I been on both ends of it, but I saw the pattern and adapted and now really haven't felt like the fights go different then what I think the scoring system is now. This partially part of the reason you see more people complain about bad judging then before and it's cause guys haven't figured out the scoring changes.

Just my opinion, it is what it is.

I'll also give guys a tip to tell whether it was actually bad judges or not or you actually lost the fight on the score card with good judges.

In Bowsers case, it wasn't bad judges because his guy was losing on the score cards because he his "swing for the fences" kicked in at the end of the fight.

Twiggy BigBranch has stepped it up - he knows he needs a finish here!

if that happens, the score cards have you behind and it's not bad judges that makes you lose the fight, IMO

• Upvote 1

When mike redid the scoring system, you get things like the fight bowser listed where the wrestler loses even when landing TD's and lands more strikes. It's the scoring system and how it works, some guys have figured it out and others haven't.

I'm not saying the scoring is right or wrong, just it's different then it was and many haven't adapted to make the best use of the current system. At first I been on both ends of it, but I saw the pattern and adapted and now really haven't felt like the fights go different then what I think the scoring system is now. This partially part of the reason you see more people complain about bad judging then before and it's cause guys haven't figured out the scoring changes.

I'll fill in the blank. It is WRONG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For the Bigbranch fight, people here are not looking over the actual numbers. Bigbranch outlanded in all categories and had top control plus gnp, not like he lost in the stand up and then got no points for the ground. I won the stand up and the ground for minimum 2 rounds. Unless he has 70% power or greater which is unlikely, then this fight score is way off what I see in most other fights.

I am looking at the actual numbers bro and if this was a whole fight scoring system you would of won but this a 10 point must scored fight so you lost.

Combos score high amount of points as does escapes.

I can see that a joke is not something that you are interested in at this current point of time.

You are also not considering the fact he landed those punch combo's prolly on high damage, since anyone that throws that many punch combos prolly slings that damage slider pretty high. A punch combo negates your takedown, you also have to consider energy, he was never fully out of energy, so any time he was hitting that punch combo he was hitting it at the damage intended. So, yeah i'd give him the fight on the basis he landed more damaging shots, you also need to consider the weight, his boy is a big FW, his shots are going to hurt more than a guy who isn't even at featherweight. So yeah, once again i'd give it to him.

Pretty much this is hitting on every point I was going to make but Dino probably said it better. It's not just about how many strikes you land vs how many the other guy scored. Power and damage are also taken into account and nothing does more damage than a punch combo, add high damage on top of that and they are gonna make it almost impossible to judge from the fight metric alone.

Which brings me to Duphus' post, the scoring system is the scoring system... in this scoring system he won, the judge scored the fight right.

This is is a good point and I have noticed how to adapt to the current system while others haven't. The are other factors I noticed that falls into the topic of your post but for my own game I will be 'that guy' and not point them out.

Basically, if you don't like the scoring system then go on improvements and make your case and get Mike to take notice. Except for that one judge who scored it 30-27 the judges were fine.