Yearly awards process

bjornmma1

Steel, the votes went up and several of us voted on which awards we wanted to see go through. It had fuck all to do with what GBK or Dinooo wanted. Its a shame for you if something you liked and/or where in with a shot of winning was removed, but it wasn't a two man decision.

He just wants the philanthropist to come back to show off how much money he gives the game.

The difference is he does it through the donation to make sure his name pops up and not the quicker way to just gift it to them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

He just wants the philanthropist to come back to show off how much money he gives the game.

The difference is he does it through the donation to make sure his name pops up and not the quicker way to just gift it to them.

I'd say I feel his pain but at least I popped least comprehensible. Hink fannybaws wid be chuffed if eh hud that.

These awards are a scam, bias opinions from less then a dozen forum members who live on this game.

It should be called - Dinooo and GBK's forum freak fest. If your cool with them you have a shot of winning.

If you are not cool with them you have little chance of getting an award as these two influence the forum so much its like a cult.

And if you do win an award that they can not control the fait of, they just get rid of that award with no voting from the game members or the awards committee.

bjornmma1 - this is a great idea that can not be controlled by them, so it is shot down.

The awards committee did work but a few forum freaks who live in this forum complained as they could not control the direction of the committee and did not like it, so they went around the committee and changed the voting process without asking the members of our game or the committee once again.

Create another 7 member committee with non bias and non invested members who will judge fairly for all of us.

Then make the voting private so each voter can not be judged for their vote instead of a public vote where these forum freaks question every vote made and why it was cast.

How does this fall back purely to Dinooo and GBK? GBK takes the time to create all the nomination threads where every single member of the game can contribute with what they think is worth nominating for a specific award, there are no restrictions on who or what they nominate. There for it seems to me it does not matter what GBK or Dinooo prefer for an award, as it is open to all. Just seems to me you got a grudge towards them

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

These awards are a scam, bias opinions from less then a dozen forum members who live on this game.

It should be called - Dinooo and GBK's forum freak fest. If your cool with them you have a shot of winning.

If you are not cool with them you have little chance of getting an award as these two influence the forum so much its like a cult.

And if you do win an award that they can not control the fait of, they just get rid of that award with no voting from the game members or the awards committee.

bjornmma1 - this is a great idea that can not be controlled by them, so it is shot down.

The awards committee did work but a few forum freaks who live in this forum complained as they could not control the direction of the committee and did not like it, so they went around the committee and changed the voting process without asking the members of our game or the committee once again.

Create another 7 member committee with non bias and non invested members who will judge fairly for all of us.

Then make the voting private so each voter can not be judged for their vote instead of a public vote where these forum freaks question every vote made and why it was cast.

No offense but you are sounding like a tool here bro. This is all because they evened the playing field by merging awards to where now you don't automatically get an award for donating money to the game. Which is totally what should have been done. You getting an annual award for donating money is dumb, you already get recognized for it and now getting butt hurt about it on the forums and hiding it under a thinly veiled agenda is kind of sad. There are more ways to contribute to the game than just donating money out of your pocket.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I see nothing wrong with how it is now. Steel Penn if you can show how they are broken with some proof then i'm all ears. Atm the majority have the power to choose who they think is best in each category. Not broken, if it aint broke dont fix it.

i also think this year with the introduction of only 1 vote per category instead of multiple votes it will eliminate some of the bias there has been as that vote will actually count.

I see nothing wrong with how it is now. Steel Penn if you can show how they are broken with some proof then i'm all ears. Atm the majority have the power to choose who they think is best in each category. Not broken, if it aint broke dont fix it.

i also think this year with the introduction of only 1 vote per category instead of multiple votes it will eliminate some of the bias there has been as that vote will actually count.

Will it be like that this year? That would be a good improvement for sure!

The one part of Penn's post I found amusing was "And if you do win an award that they can not control the fait of, they just get rid of that award with no voting from the game members or the awards committee." , and that's mainly because neither myself nor Dino control the fate* of any of the awards, so by his logic we would attempt to remove all of them, despite the one award he is hinting at has simply been rebranded to incorporate other awards.

As for Bjorn's idea, that's been tested in the past and it failed horrendously, funnily enough, it was Steel Penn who contributed immensely to that failure. I mean, Steel Penn was on this "committee" yet he had no idea who Jeremy Tonal was. Jeremy fucking Tonal who is one of the biggest names in the frame for GOAT.

Some other things Steel Penn did was attempt to cut the committee down to smaller numbers because he didn't like it, made a big deal over his alliance not winning an award, and then did bias voting, all of this with spite. Funny enough, by the end of it, he ended up just plainly admitting he was wrong about the whole thing, causing a major fucking headache for no reason. Final thing of note is that he wanted votes to be private...Funnily enough this was before he was deleted for being a multi accounting cheat. Steel Penn basically believes his opinion holds more weight than others because he pays money into the game, and while you might be swayed if his argument has some sense, the majority of his opinion is biased bullshit which has no logic.

On another note, a committee has been tried before and it failed. Fact is regardless of what group of managers you put together, you will get bias in the votes, and a community vote is the best thing available. I mean, Steel Penn has accused myself and Dino of taking the awards away from the community, so why does he now want to take it away himself by having an extreme minority decide the winners? I wasn't gonna post in here, but since someone wants to try shit talking me anyway on something unrelated to me, I might as well make my view.

As for the One Vote thing, yes that is how it is running this year. It was clear from last year that an overwhelming majority felt it should be one vote per person, and it makes the most sense from a realistic standpoint, along with a fairness standpoint.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Doesn't matter what you do, what you try you will not please everyone. Is this a popularity contest, it sure is, can larger alliances stuff the ballot box, yes they can and you know it is going to happen. But at the end of the day if a winner is declared based on what appears to be ballot stuffing you know damn well that person will be vilified in the forum of public opinion. Not everyone who feels they should win will, and sometimes when you expect to lose you might win but at the end of the day its a damn game.

• Upvote 1