Island FC Official Smack Talk Thread

Tycooner

AN Interview with the champ.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14517739607444.jpg

Peter "The Barberian" Potter

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20160122100159logo2_1.png

JJ: So champ you just had the best win of your young career what's next ?

Potter: You're right JJ, beating Dum was my biggest success so far.

I'm the new 170 lbs division champion and I feel so proud.

It was always my dream.

What's next? I guess I should ask you that question!

I'm waiting for my first title defence.

People say that winning the belt is hard but defending it is even harder.

They might be right.

Now I'll be fighting the best of the best. I guess the winner of Jerry Johnson vs Jake Belcher will be next in the line.

But it isn't my call. I believe I can beat everyone in division right now.

I'm waiting for an offer.

JJ: You have not renewed with IFC yet are you going to stay with IFC?

Potter: I believe I will. I feel great here, especially now when I am the champion. My manager suggested me not to renew the contract too early.

He believes that if I'll be able to win next fights I shall get a really lucrative offer.

It's nothing personal JJ. It's just business.

My current contract isn't ending soon. I've got couple more fight and I think we can talk about renewing after my next fight.

Right Now I'm focusing on my first title defence.

JJ: Unlike a lot of other guys on the island you did not take one qfc fight all 5 of your wins are in the IFC.in reason why you chose not to do a QFC fight ?

Potter: It was also my manager decision. He suggested me to start fighting in the IFC without any QFC fight.

I wasn't sure if that's a good call but I trust my manager. Now I know he was right.

JJ: Don't get me wrong i am happy you started out with the org but you did not even do a test fight .

Potter: Honestly I doubt if QFC verifies skills. You have no idea who you gonna fight in QFC, so there's no way to prepare.

It means the luck is main factor. I faced guys who were successful in QFC and I was a true verification of their skills...

JJ: When i say the name Heimdal The Destroyer what is the first thing you think of champ?

Potter: This dude is scary! The first thing that was on my mind when I heard I'll be fighting him was "Oh my God!".

He was 5-0 before fighting me. He won most of his fights by KO/TKO in the first round and his name...

Heimdal The Destroyer.

JJ: Do you see a rematch with Tweedle Dum at some point?

Potter: We'll definitely meet once again. Dum is a tough guy. He beat the previous champion with an ease.

He gave me a hard fight and he left some damage on my handsome face.

He's the top of the division for sure.

JJ: One last thing champ i know you are a busy man what's your thoughts on 185 lbs and the champion 185 Rick James ?

Potter: Rick James is top class athlete. He's 8-0 right now. James destroys every opponent on his way.

None of his fights was ended by decision. Rick has heavy hands and perfect clinch game.

I see a lot of similarity between me and him. I am a bit taller and a way more handsome but the rest is virtually identical.

J.J: Is that fight in your future ? or is that something you would be willing to look at?

Potter: I know that fans love the super fights. I'm willing to take such a challenge. I'm #2 P4P in whole Island right now.

I would fight both 185 lbs and 155 lbs. But I believe such matches make sense when divisions are cleared by champions.

I'm not sure if other champions have cleared their divisions, I know my still need cleaning.

JJ:Thanks for your time champ

Potter: Thanks JJ. Hope we'll meet once again after my first title defence.

And there you have it a interview with the champ.

J.J Tycooner

• Upvote 3

Papa Shango (from his hospital room, post-fight): By now, you've all seen the fight. And you all know I was robbed! Who stops a fight on account of a little blood? Of course there was blood; it's a fight! Whittaker's blood was mixed in there, too, and there would have been a lot more of it. I can take everything he throws; I saw him get concerned when he couldn't knock me out, and he was getting desperate going into the championship rounds. That fight was mine! JJ, Mamado, I don't know what kind of sweet deal you have in line to protect your little glass champion, but it won't last forever! This won't be the last you hear of Papa Shango! And Milhouse Van Houten, I don't blame you for ducking a fight with me; I'm gonna hurt you real bad. Mark my words, this is not over.

• Upvote 5

Hop Sing "Hyun Ae" Jung (287199)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14524342481645.png

Hop Sing Jung

"Acheived two goals tonight, submitting Maksim and becoming #1 P4P. I changed my game plan entirely for this rematch, it wasn't easy at all, he is very slick and talented, best wishes to him. Vermeer is next and he is a great opponent to face again. I want a superfight next after I defend my title...."

• Upvote 2

Event Preview: ISLAND MADNESS

Author:Alexander Melchiott
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1457595576crazy(1).png
Event: ISLAND MADNESS - 18/3/2016 @ Hard Knocks - The Island
Back to the Hard Knocks arena on the Island.
We've got an interesting card for you tonight, headlined with the Light Heavyweight Championship being defended by Martyn "The Nightmare" Ford.
#1 (145 lbs) - Bullar (287899) (0-0-0) vs. Murray (287527) (1-1-0)
Bullar, at 25 years of age, prepares to step inside the cage for the first time. He'll be taking on Murray, an 18 year old fighter. Murray likes to grapple and take the fight to the ground while Bullar is a striker with good takedown defense. Murray has quite the chin and should be able to take a lot of punishment, which will buy him time to get Bullar to the ground.
Prediction: Bullar by decision. Murray is very obvious with his strategy, pursing clinches and takedowns far too much. Bullar has the takedown defense to stop Murray and pepper him with strikes, eventually winning by decision due to Murray's strong chin.
#2 (205 lbs) - Gou (288795) (0-0-0) vs. White Iv (287154) (1-1-0)
Two 21 year olds will be facing off here. Gou is quite the striker while White Iv also likes to stand and trade. White will have the slight height advantage.
Prediction: Gou by decision. Gou is the better striker and should destroy White while standing. white's chin will force them to go the distance.
#3 (170 lbs) - Ryun (289150) (0-1-0) vs. Garcia (289142) (1-0-0)
Two 22 year olds this time. Ryun has decent boxing and Muay Thai. Garcia has much better Muay Thai, but no boxing skills to speak of. Despite not being particularly good at wrestling, Ryun has shown a tendency to try and grapple and go for takedowns. Garcia should be able to defend the takedowns without too much trouble.
Prediction: Garcia by 2nd round (T)KO. Garcia should be able to outstrike Ryun. If Ryun makes the mistake of shooting in, expect Garcia to punish him for it.
#4 (155 lbs) - Diaz (289247) (0-0-0) vs. Machan (289407) (0-0-0)
Diaz has poor standup, but has t he advantage over Machan if the fight stays standing. Machan will look for takedowns, but he'll have to be careful to avoid the submission from Diaz. Diaz is much, much taller than Machan, which should allow Machan to take him down much more easily.
Prediction: Machan by 1st round (T)KO. Machan will get the early takedown. If he manages to stun Diaz with the takedown, he should be able to finish the fight before Diaz recovers. Machan should be able to easily control Diaz and hurt him with the ground and pound, but Diaz will look for any opening to quickly snatch up a submission victory.
#5 (135 lbs) - Tariaksuq (287972) (2-1-0) vs. Gracie (286341) (1-1-0)
Tariaksuq has the slight height advantage, but has the harder weight cut. Gracie has boxing skills and great submission skills. Tariaksuq throws a high volume of kicks and has great grappling skills. If they go to the ground, Tariaksuq should be able to control his opponent and avoid the submission.
Prediction: Tariaksuq by decision. Tariaksuq is the better striker and should be able to rack up the points. If the fight somehow goes to the ground, Tariaksuq will control the pace before returning to his feet.
#6 (205 lbs) - Bravo (289185) (1-0-0) vs. Cirkunov (288399) (2-0-0)
Cirkunov is a pretty good striker, but can't defend the takedown. Bravo is a good wrestler and has slighty better Jiu-Jitsu skills. If Cirkunov is taken down, Bravo should be able to control the pace, wear Cirkunov down, and lock in the submission. Cirkunov will have a tough time managing to get the superior wrestler into a submission.
Prediction: Bravo by 3rd round submission. Bravo will wear down Cirkunov before locking in the submission.
#7 (265 lbs) - Klice (286688) (2-2-0) vs. Stick (287106) (3-2-0)
Klice is the taller of the two, which will make him easier to take him down. Klice is the slightly better striker and has the advantage in wrestling. The wrestling difference is very slight, so Stick should be able to find the takedown during this contest. With his stronger submission skill set, Stick should be able to get the submission in this one.
Prediction: Stick by 1st round submission. Once the fight is taken to the ground, Klice's wrestling skills won't be enough to prevent Stick from getting the submission victory.
#8 (185 lbs) - Fitzgerald (288808) (2-0-0) vs. Kincaid (286056) (3-2-0)
This will be a fight between two strikers. The undefeated Fitzgerald has been dominating opponents in the clinch, but this will be his toughest challenge to date. Kincaid is a tough boxer, but is coming off a submission loss. Kincaid has the height advantage in this one and will be able to outstrike Fitzgerald on the outside.
Fitzgerald should look to clinch and control Kincaid. Alternatively, Fitzgerald can take Kincaid to the ground and capitalize on Kincaid's poor wrestling skills. Fitzgerald will need to watch out for submissions from Kincaid, but Kincaid isn't particularly strong in that department.
Prediction: Fitzgerald by 2nd round (T)KO. It's almost guaranteed that Fitzgerald will be able to secure the clinch and pulverize Kincaid. Either that, or this will go to the ground and be the same result.
CO-MAIN EVENT
(135 lbs) - Corden (286024) (2-1-0) vs. Islander (286196) (3-1-0)
Two men who are currently on win streaks prepare to face off in the co-main event of the evening. Both of these men lost their debut fight in the MMA world, but since then, have remained perfect. Islander is on a 3-fight winstreak while Corden is on a 2-fight winstreak. This one will be interesting, because while Corden has some decent wrestling skills, Islander's skill set on the mat is far superior.
Islander is also capable of fighting in the clinch and hold his own while standing. Islander's iron chin will also be a factor in this one. Corden has an amazing striking game and can do some serious damage so long as he remains standing. In Islander's fight against Tobias Marshall, he managed 7 of his 9 takedown attempts.
In Corden's last fight, he snuffed 6 of 6 takedowns. Corden also showed excellent defense in his bout against Twinkletoe, where he snuffed 23 of Twinkletoe's 24 takedown attempts.
Prediction: Corden by decision. Corden will win this one outside and inside the clinch. Islander will have an incredibly difficult time taking down Corden, who has amazing takedown defense. Corden also possesses good submission defense and should be able to defend anything Islander throws his way.
MAIN EVENT
(205 lbs) - *Champion* Ford (286671) (6-0-0) vs. Sidious (286021) (5-0-0)
Darth Sidious, (Emperor Palpatine, the greatest of the antagonists and coming to us by way of the Death Star), will be stepping in the cage against the Light Heavyweight Champion Martyn "The Nightmare" Ford in our Main Event!
Sidious has won all of his bouts via TKO while Ford has won 5 of his 6 fights via submission.
Ford is currently the number 10 ranked pound for pound fighter on the Island while Sidious is rank 94.
Keep in mind that Darth Sidious is managed by Storman Norman who has done great work for his fighters in the MMA world, (and has one of the coolest names on the planet).
Sidious is quite the striker and manages to get into the clinch with ease.
Sidious has also shown good takedown defense in his career. Ford has crazy wrestling skills, and if he can get Sidious to the ground, should be able to use his superior Jiu-Jitsu to get the submission.
Prediction: Ford by 1st round submission.
As much as I hate to vote against Storman Norman, I have to give the edge to Ford in this one.
With his wrestling skills, I think Ford will have minimal difficulty either getting the takedown or pulling guard.
Once this is on the ground, Sidious will be placed in the submission and be tapped out.
Author:Alexander Melchiott
  • Upvote 1

EVENT REVIEW
ISLAND FIGHTS

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1457768882islandfights.png

ISLAND FIGHTS was a masterpiece of pyrotechnics works and live music displays that kept the fans warm and entertained , mix that with high level of alcohol and adrenaline.....we had an explosive night with two best fighters in the featherweight division having their rematch here....the first fight headed a very successful event and this one did the same the trash talk in the build up was intense, but not as intense as the first fight preview.....the rest of the card was a peach too particularly the performance of the next middleweight title contestant.....Let me break it down for you:

MAIN EVENT 145 lbs TITLE FIGHT Hop Sing Jung vs Ivan Maksim

Nothing else to had Sing affirmed himself has the champion and p4p best fighter in the island after his win here....he made sure no questions were left unanswered and this time he didn't left to the judges....he finish the fight like a champion should....again a very good performance and an impressive display of grappling skills by the champion he's small stocked build allows him to drive through those takedowns....he's transitions are very good and his composure in the ground is something to admire....Maksim did his best and was very close to finish the fight in a couple of attempts....but the Champion kept his nerve and worked his way out of trouble and keeping the fight on the ground with his weight on him ,absolutely controlling procedures he started to apply some of his own attempts....with the will slowly being taken away by Sing grinding grappling style,Maksim seemed to have given up in there and Sing said ,"thank you very much"....he sank his arms in and got a RNC....The HOF is still undefeated and undisputed.....good 2nd round submission win

CO-MAIN EVENT 265 lbs Heath Herring vs Horacio Santos

This was a very confident performance by Heath ,he used his brawling style and good takedowns to upset the odds and score another win...Santos wanted to start flashy and paid the price....

he started the fight throwing spinning shit and got immediately taken down from where he was at the mercy of Heath ,bread and butter, his ground and pound...he control procedures well in the ground not allowing Santos to do anything,is not like he was trying but ....

he paid the price of playing with a superior grappler in the floor without even trying to escape, very poor and eventually he was caught in a submission...in all was a poor fight but with Heath loud and flashy personality, you can expect him to be calling for a shot at the title in no time....

good first round Submission win for Heath Herring

265 lbs Zui Quan Tso vs David Smyth (FIGHT OF THE NIGHT)

Zui was a step ahead David all the way...he defended well any strikes or takedown attempts ...instigating the clich then controlling it with his sheer strength not being over aggressive but kept punching with short accurate punches he was very efficient and caused a lot of damage to....the fight didn't last long and but in my opinion should have been stopped earlier and the ref did a very poor job regarding the fighter safety.....

demolishing 1st round TKO win by Zui Quan Tso

185 lbs Carlos Newton vs Hammer Radovan (SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT)

This middleweight bout was the eliminator for the next title shot....the winner here would get the chance to go for gold and both fighters knew that before hand....Newton game plan was no secret he tried to take the fight to the ground from the word go and he was very persistent until he got it....Radovan looked like a sitting duck as soon as the fight hit the ground ....he did try to get a miraculous submission but had no luck..the Newton superior grappling skills and submission game made the rest and he scored a beautiful arm triangle...with the champion in attendance,a title fight was booked on the post fight octagon interview by the Owner JJ Tycoon...impressive 1st round submission win for Carlos Newton

170 lbs Jesse Enkamp vs Octavion Prompethius

Octavion has is an excellent boxer with dynamite on his hands...the problem is his speed and his footwork both combined makes him very dangerous but avoidable too...he telegraphs his strikes too much allowing his opponents to get out of the way most times.....if he gets you you will go to sleep,but as they say "you can't hit what you cannot see"....Jesse played that game to perfection and let his lethal kicks do the job ....both fighters shown tremendous heart chin and determination to stay in the fight....Octavion started better spending most of the first round with Jesse clinched against the fence using his weight to frustrate Jesse....Jesse came back on the second avoiding the clinch and keeping the fight on the outside using his dangerous kicks to do that and he end up overscoring Octavion in the third too,exactly with the same tactics....good tactical awareness shown by Jesse's corner....good decision win by Jesse Enkamp

170 lbs Lucio Gracie vs Count Foo

You know the Gracie's ,there is no secret about their game ...you always know what they going to do the problem is that they are very good at it....Lucio waited until Foo throw a lazy strike and he counter it to perfection with a double leg takedown...he looked like he was playing with Foo's mind when he decided to stand back up just to take him down right after that....confusing?....maybe!....but it worked for him, as soon as they hit the mat for the second time he dropped back from the guard on top to catch Foo in a beautiful kneebar....Masterful 1st round submission for Lucio Gracie

170 lbs Carlos Diego Ferreira vs John Doe

We all know John likes to brawl the more of a dog fight the better for him....but Diego wanted nothing to do with that and follow the gameplan to perfection....not the best of the fights but at least we had a finish....Diego clearly dominated the first round always busy and looking to sink in a submission....but he got caught in the beginning of the second (i think he was more concerned with the card girls than with his opponent and nearly paid a heavy price for that....fortunately for him he managed to keep composed ,cut the distance and brought the fight back to his "back yard".....it was always a question of time before Foo would be submitted and with one minute and half of round to to go,Diego managed to crank a kimura......dominante 2nd round submission for Carlos Diego Ferreira

170 lbs Tony Diaz vs Viktor Bisping (KO OF THE NIGHT)

I think a miss match...that's what happened here....we try to care for our fighters as much as we can but that's primarily the fighter's manager dutty....18 year olds?....i personally don't like to see them in the cage....martial arts like everything in life it's a never ending learning process with different stages....the 18 year old stage is books and gym...but that's just my opinion....if these fight was not being sanctioned Tony would have been arrested for assaulting a kid....he absolutely destroy the Ukrainian youngster, the two head kicks followed by a barrage of punches done it for Tony.....brutal 1st round KO for Tony Diaz

205 lbs Hyde Warchester vs Jimmy Masterson

This fight lasted just under 1 minute due to the ferocity of the thai clinch attack by Hyde ....like a true Thai warrior he knew his opponent to submission....Jimmy had no answer for it ...and the way he was put away was bad...he will need some time off to rethink his strategy....otherwise his career could be over soon due to some condition gained in this kind of beatings.....

destructive 1st round TKO for Hyde Warchester

145 lbs Greg McConor vs Allahu Akbar

This was a decent stand up battle with both fighters agreeing on the terms of keep it standing and trade....occasionally clinching but none of the fighters looked very interested in grappling they were trying to find the chin....unsuccessfully i must say but nevertheless a good performance by the newcomers,and i guess they can only get better....the fight though...was dominated by Greg,he outscore his opponent in all three rounds and made it easy for the judges.....

good Decision win for Greg McConor

#THEUNIT

#ISLANDFC

#MAMADO

• Upvote 3

Championship Chat

with guest

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20160122100159logo2_1.png

Mamado:when did you realize that martial arts was your destiny?

Jung: MMA lives in my family, my cousin Chan-Sung Jung fought in the UFC for the FW Title and my father was a world Champion in Judo.. I knew from about age 15 when I started training that I wanted to do this.

Mamado:who was your biggest idol?

Jung:My biggest idol is my older brother Sungwon Jung, he is under the same management as me under Bradley Burns and he inspired me and got me the chance. My brother is a multiple time MMA Tycoon Champion and he taught me most of what I know, he's the best in the world. I have a younger brother as well who helps me through life, he will appear next season of The Island.

Mamado:what are you main goals in your carreer?

Jung:My main goal is to stay undefeated but I know most great fighters will lose in their career and it makes them much better, so I am aware and prepared for either outcome for every fight. A Goal with less pressure would be to defeat every opponent I face.

Mamado:what is the job of a champion?

Jung:The job of a champion is to be humble, and fight for the fans.. They come to watch me in the main event so I want to make sure they see an awesome finish and go home happy.

Mamado:There you have it folks The champ Hop Sing "Hyun Ae" Jung thanks champ

Jung:Your welcome anytime.

#THEUNIT

#Mamado

• Upvote 1

ISLAND FC RUMOR MILL

With JAY and Mamado

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/14562011821442417859jj.png and http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/14562011081456200722mamado.png

JJ:There has been lots of talk of possible superfights this season on the island

which would lead many to speculate that the odds of some of the fights happening are pretty good given that there is plenty of time left before the season ends

Mamado:fans have not been this thrilled since holly holm kick rousey in the neck!

JJ:What ?

Mamado:JJ you know that was a great kick

JJ:True True That kick was better than christmas morning at the Zuckerberg house

MaMado:shit Now you are taking it too far Jay

JJ: WAS that too much ?

MaMado:just a lil bit too much because you know marky Z gives some good shit

for christmas with all those dollars he got for reskinning myspace !

JJ: shit he can give me some of those facebook stocks !Those would make one hell of a nice christmas hell yhea !

MaMado:Fuck that jay i don't want no stocks

JJ:WHY NOT ?

MaMado:Jay my feet already warm i don't need more crusty stocks my gramas gives me lots of them christmas birthdays all that

JJ:If you don't want stocks what do you want ?

MaMado: mr mark z i just want one thing from you bro can i get a billion ?

JJ:A BILLION STOCKS ?

MaMado:Hell no jay what the fuck is wrong wit you guy do you got something going with feet man? stay away from my feet man don't even look at them

you talk about stocks and feet to much mane.

JJ:ok i said stocks but whatever what would you ask mark z for anyway?

MaMado:Jay you can all his stinky ass stocks i just want 1 !

JJ:1 stock ?

MaMado:Fuck you jay go eat a fucking stock guy! i want 1Billion dollars

and i am a nice guy JJ i will buy you all the fucking stocks you want guy because me and you are friends

JJ:so you get 1 Billion and i get socks ?

MaMado:That's right my Friend only the best for you JJ !

JJ:fuck that MAMADO i thought we was cool bro

MaMado:We are cool J that's why i know make fun of you just because you love feet

and i can think of billion reasons that shit makes you bat shit crazy !

JJ:shit Mamado we are out of time

MaMado:so what why you care ?

JJ:We were shooting the rumor mill

MaMado:that's easy jj

JJ:Times up mamado they are telling us to wrap it up

MaMado:Hello Islanders i have great news

it has been rumored that the big mystery of all the cases of the mysteries missing stocks is not a mystery at all

JJ:What are you talking about where are they ?

MaMado:like i was saying not a mystery at all you can find all the stocks at JJ under his bed !

don't forget your gloves you don't want to touch those crusty thing HA

JJ:MAMADO you

MaMado:Sorry jay out of time sir we will see yall next time

JJ:on THE ISLAND rumor mill with JJ

MaMado:and MaMado

• Upvote 2

Fans also want to know, when Martin Luther King Jr will go down from 155lbs to 145lbs to fight Jing Jang Jung ass.

let's see how he does sir there are some guys at 145 lbs who would not like that to much lol

you cant go straight to the champ but you can move down and take some fights at 145 lbs

• Upvote 2

FROM THE COMMENTATOR WORDS:

ISLAND FIGHTS 2 PBP Commentary

Coming up we have a bantamweight MMA rules bout between Royce Disgracie and Freak Wannabe. Disgracie comes to the cage accompanied by I kill cause im hungry. Wannabe has chosen Gee as his entrance music. Rumors backstage are that the fighters have been paid to keep it standing but we know that would never happen in MMA!

JJ Tycooner you got busted, your fights are fake!!! WTF??!! by the way my fighter never got a cut of the money, where is my cut?? haaa???? MAFIOSO!!!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14496061616224.gif

Jonny "Eye Gouger" Bones Junior

Gleb Zheglov, I'm coming for YOU homie! I've traded out my coke for some vitamin S. It's been working wonders in the gym, and I'm confident it will help me knock you the fuck out! Here are my before and after pics:

http://cdn-maf2.heartyhosting.com/sites/muscleandfitness.com/files/media/jonjones.jpg

• Upvote 2

HOT TOPIC - NEWS - Featherweight Division crisis.

MMATycoon Island news.

Alone stands one man at FW, Hop Sing Jung. He has beaten everybody including his #2 ranked opponent, Vermeer. While Vermeer certainly earned his rematch and Title fight, we wonder what's next for the the King Jung if he wins his next Title defence?

Island FC has the top FW division on the Island & Jung, Vermeer hold the two top spots at Featherweight on the Island. But outside of that, we don't see much expect a lot of talkers, from many weight divisions rarely at 145lbs. Fighters at Featherweight just don't have the hype or fights under their belt to be deserving of a title shot or anything close. Jung has 8 fights and has been begging to fight as much as possible, and any other fighter at Featherweight is busy training.

The Island is not for training, it's for fighting, and with Jung's willingness of move down and up to 170lbs, it looks like someone at FW will have to make an impact in order to get Jung to stay at Featherweight. Otherwise Jung will look to dismember another division or more and put his Featherweight interest behind him.

We've never seen a Featherweight so dominant in all years of the Island. He is feared and no top fighters want to fight him. He has had a very hard time finding opponents and if he defeats Vermeer a second time, the Featherweight division will be in shambles and be left for dead by Jung. Will anyone step up and actually EARN their Title Shot? Talk is cheap.

Live from The Island news.

Hop Sing "Hyun Ae" Jung (287199)

Hop Sing Jung

"I read the Island news article and I must agree that I have nothing left right now for Featherweight division , but I will not give up my Title. Their is a great Champion at 135, 155 and 170lbs and I'm not underestimating them, but I want to fight them. I want multiple Titles in multiple divisions and establish my dominance. I really believe a few Featherweights will start fighting more often and gain some wins and prove they are the #1 contender and help me bring life to this division."

• Upvote 2

Andrey "Gold" Lobtov (290679)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14541185549142.jpg

Olympic Judo Champion. Starting his MMA career 3-0.

Multiple Rumours spreading around the highly touted Olympic Judo Gold Medalist including his early MMA retirement after his next bout, and also the possible signing with Island FC.

Rumours also have it that he is looking to fight his now stablemate Hop Sing Jung, as they have met 3 times before in Judo competition with Jung winning 2 of the 3 by submission. Their last meeting was at the 2012 Olympic Semi Finals where Jung put Lobtov to sleep with a Gogoplata with 7 seconds remaining. It is said they hate each other but will remain peaceful. It is questionable if these two will be allowed to fight each other.

Lobtov would win Bronze and Jung won Gold that year in 2012 but in 2016 Lobtov would claim his dominance when he moved up to 155 lbs and defeated current Island FC Lightweight Champion Pyry Kontio in the Gold Medal match while Jung would Claim Gold at 145lbs. Jung also competed and won the open weight division.

Interesting week in Island FC.

• Upvote 2