Highland Island - Official Thread

reggie

As opposed to counterfeit thread. HIYO.

Feel free to post anything org-related in here: Smacktalk, call-outs, a fighter backstory so detailed and thorough I can taste the afterbirth, a fight you want to share because OMFGWUTFUX, any other requests/questions/comments/concerns about Highland Island or my ma; y'know, whatever.

I'ma keep it 100: I'll read everything posted in this thread, usually within a day or two, but I probably won't be super active in it, aside from updating the first two posts. PTSD is a bitch sometimes, and a twat the rest. (c:

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14028250837811.png

"Manila Ice" Javier Reynaldo Alcaraz (287493)

You know, inspired by my good mate (and head of security of Sully's Bar & Grill) Sione "Big John" Witika, I have decided that in between the night shift working the bars, I might try my hand at this fighting thing.

First thing i did was to get out of my dirty stinkin clothes and buy some gear from Ace of Spades. And boy... Talk about COMFORT!

Those shirts are perfect for keeping cool while sweating it out at the gym or behind a busy bar. And they also look good when you are walking down the beach!

I can't wait to get my first contract!!!! (hint! hint!)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

Hey lads!!!

Sponsorships have been sent out to anyone competing in Highland Island 3!

I look forward to seeing all you young blood stepping into the cage to make a name for yourself this season!

As always you can always hit me up for a sponsorship and as we continue to grow I will continue to support any of you Islanders in any way I can while supplying you with the best products The Island has to offer!

Fight hard, party hard!

And as always,

Stay Classy :shades:

Mostly a function of me having terribly poor health at the moment; I've accidentally lost almost 40 points in two months, so lots of trips to the doctor. Well, that, and not being the super-artsy one in the network. (c: I threw something together a couple days ago for event 4 that I can use for the rest... for now. Callum and I should have a better set of posters coming pretty soon.

What's up with the non existing event posters?

Mostly a function of me having terribly poor health at the moment; I've accidentally lost almost 40 points in two months, so lots of trips to the doctor. Well, that, and not being the super-artsy one in the network. (c: I threw something together a couple days ago for event 4 that I can use for the rest... for now. Callum and I should have a better set of posters coming pretty soon.

Hey mate!! Don't worry about the Highland Island 5 event poster! I got ya!!

http://i.imgur.com/HXrn4Fi.jpg

On the house!!!

(PS: Shop at Sully's!)

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14028250837811.png

"Manila Ice" Javier Reynaldo Alcaraz (287493)

Ok boys.....

Sully's been busy so for the late shift he had me send out sponsorships to everyone who is fighting on Highland Island 5.

Sponsorships to those those gentlemen fighting on Highland Island 6 will be sent in the coming days.

Hey boys! While my man "Manila Ice" Javier Reynaldo Alcaraz is busy working the night shift and training, i have stayed up all night and sent out sponsorships to all those fighting on Highland Island 6.

Best of luck to those warriors competing! And remember to give me a shout out post fight :drunk:

(PS: Shop at Sully's!)

Hey there guys! I have given my main man "Manila Ice" the night off as he recovers from his first professional loss. In the meantime, i have sent out sponsorships to all those fighting on Highland Island 7.

Remember to send me a shout out when you win!

And as always,

Stay Classy :shades:

Ay!!!!

I have given Manila Ice another night off to heal up for his injuries. In the meantime, sponsorships for all those fighting on Highland Island 8 and Highland Island 9 have been sent out.

Don't forget to give me a shout out when you win!

Good luck boys!

He's the most popular guy in his division and he's unbeaten, you can rest assured that he's in line for the title. The only thing that could bump him from a title shot to a title eliminator would be another free agent signing with a similar outlook, which seems unlikely, as I'll be booking it tomorrow afternoon. (c:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1455308832event11.jpg

HIGHLAND ISLAND 11 REVIEW

In association with Ace of Spades clothing, Highland Island brings you HI 11: Cash Vs MacDonald.

Will MacDonald (4-1) Vs Johnie Cash (6-1) – Bantamweight Title

The inaugural Highland Island Bantamweight title was on the line in this one where two fighters with proven knockout power went head to head. Cash goes for the clinch early and lands some nice shots but MacDonald is able to break the tie up and counter with a takedown attempt. The ground game from this point on was just too much from MacDonald, who lands some nice shots but uses the opportunity to pass to the full mount where he starts dropping bombs. Cash is trying his best to hang on but he can’t handle the pressure, forcing the referee to put a stop to the contest.

Will MacDonald wins at 3:56 of Round 1 by TKO (Strikes) – NEW Bantamweight Champion

Figgy Pudding (0-1) Vs Kenji Koko (3-0) – Middleweight

When a fight finishes quicker than you can write about it, you know it was an exciting contest. Figgy entered the cage off of one fight and one defeat, taking on the undefeated Kenji Koko who could well have been chasing down a title shot in the near future. Unphased by the challenge, Figgy presses the action early, looking for the clinch. Koko breaks it, but is caught with a beautiful combination and dropped down. Figgy lets him stand back up and in almost a repeat performance, he goes for the clinch, Kenji breaks it but is dropped again, this time with a spectacular head kick. Koko is out on his feet and a big combination for the underdog secures the upset. Great win for Figgy Pudding.

Figgy Pudding wins at 0:48 of Round 1 by KO (Punches)

Alonzo Harris (2-1) Vs Art Vanderlay (0-0) – Light Heavyweight

Not much was known about Art coming into this fight but we’ve seen Alonzo Harris before and he’s got some skills both with his boxing and his jiu jitsu. The fight starts and Art Vanderlay is just not looking comfortable. He’s tentative to let go and Harris senses it. Punches to the head and body land for Alonzo early and Vanderlay doesn’t look to be in this one at all. Just after the first minute, a jab right hook combo stiffens Vanderlay, bringing another quick stoppage win home for Harris.

Alonzo Harris wins at 1:23 of Round 1 by KO (Punches)

Jae Jung Kim (0-0) Vs Richard Richards lii (1-0) – Featherweight

Richards was dropping to Featherweight in this one from Lightweight, but from the looks of him he could probably fight at Bantamweight as well. Richards was looking to grapple early but he was struggling to get control of Kim. It was a close opener, but Kim was able to land a few more shots to just steal the round. It’s the same again, and early in the second Kim seems to be dazed badly by some ground and pound from Richards. He manages to hang on for dear life and force a referee stand up. He still looks a little bit wobbly, but an out of nowhere head kick wobbles Richards and now it’s him in complete survival mode. When the round comes to an end, both men look a little bit out of it. We come back for the third and final round and Richards shoots for an immediate takedown, but is caught in the middle of it by a hard head kick. Richards falls to the floor but scrambles back to his feet. Moments later, another head kick lands and Richards crumbles onto the cage. Kim starts unloading shots and the referee quickly drags him off. A wild back and forth fight here.

Jae Jung Kim wins at 0:43 of Round 3 by TKO (Kick and Punches)

Glenn Frey (1-0) Vs Chrome Mazone (1-2) – Middleweight

Mazone comes out, arms extended as if he’s desperately looking for a clinch. Frey almost seems amused by this, and in retort just straight up knocks him out. 16 seconds, done, give me my pay cheque. Mazone has struggled in HG, but let’s not forget that he’s coming off of a submission win of Figgy Pudding too. Glenn now has two first round KOs and will want to work towards a Middleweight title shot some time in the future.

Glenn Frey wins at 0:16 of Round 1 by TKO (Strikes)

Slade Phoenix (1-1) Vs Anthony Ivo (0-0) – Heavyweight

What a fantastic fight this was. Ivo was the much more active, landing great shots to the head, body and legs throughout the fight. Slade showed his power in the opener, flooring his opponent, but Ivo recovered well and continued with the scrap. Slade was 2 rounds down and just 10 seconds from the fight being over…and BOOM. Slade Phoenix lands stunning head kick which finishes the fight. The crowd went absolutely nuts. Amazing comeback victory.

Slade Phoenix wins at 4:51 of Round 3 by KO (Head Kick)

Otto Fibonacci (1-0) Vs Gabe Murray (0-0) – Middleweight

Murrary was desperate for the takedown or clinch but Fibonacci was too technically sound, predicting the takedown attempts and landing some solid blows. Late in the opener, a brutal combo from Otto hurts and finishes Gabe Murray.

Otto Fibonacci wins at 4:38 of Round 1 by KO (Strikes)

Lance Maroga (0-0) Vs Ghivur Thadee (0-0) – Light Heavyweight

Unfortunately, Moraga was unable to cut weight to Light Heavyweight. Word from his team said he was really out of shape coming up to the scales. The Highland Island team won’t be happy about that.

Jesse Mondale (1-0) Vs Dirt McGirt (0-2) – Featherweight

Taking a page out of the book of Island legend Barney Gumble, Mondale took this fight into the clinch and brutalized his opponent with punches to the head and body. McGirt tried his best but the accumulation of punishment was too much, and Mondale picked up a first round W.

Jesse Mondale wins at 4:45 of Round 1 by TKO (Strikes)

Keola Fatu (1-1) Vs Shamil Abdulkhalikov (1-2) – Heavyweight

Shamil come out aggressive but a sloppy right hand say him taken to the floor. Fatu managed to transition to the mount and began dropping down some donkey kong-eske shots, brutalizing Shamil. The fight didn’t even last 4 minutes, with Fatu’s top game being too brutal.

Keola Fatu wins at 3:34 of Round 1 by TKO (Strikes)

KOTN – Glenn Frey

FOTN – Slade Phoenix Vs Anthony Ivo
  • Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13938683953524.jpg

Alonzo Harris 205lbs

Nice review and nice to see my name being mentioned, something everybody should get used to. 2 KO's in 2 fights, I'm not here to mess around. That belt is mine it's just that the management haven't told Skip Gordon yet, I'll sure I'll tell him myself soon.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1455561199event12.jpg
HIGHLAND ISLAND 12 REVIEW
Main Card by Callum McGregor
Preliminary Card by Ferg uK
Voljin Ulfzaar (8-0) Vs Val Halla (3-0) – Heavyweight Championship
Every season there is one, and Voljin Ulfzaar is the man this season. I said it in the last review, but we have an undefeated heavyweight knockout machine who specializes in brutalizing people inside the clinch. Can that be any more reminiscent of Barney Gumble from Season 3? It took Gumble just over 3 months to get to 9-0, Ulfzaar has done it in less than 2. Halla to be fair was an underdog coming into this fight, which is the first defence of Voljin’s belt. Voljin got the clinch instantly and began to do what he does best, landing punches in close to the head and body and breaking opponents down. Val Halla lasted longer than anyone else has against Ulfzaar so far, but he still didn’t survive the first round.
Voljin Ulfzaar wins at 4:10 of Round 1 by TKO (Punches). STILL Heavyweight Champion
Tapio Sammalkorpi (4-1) Vs Tom Sloan (2-0) – Welterweight Championship
Two of the premier Welterweight fighters did battle for the inaugural championship in the co main event. Tapio is managed by Erkki Perahikia, a man no stranger to Highland gold. That being said he was up against Johnny Fever, the manager of several of Highland Games’ premier fighters. Tapio gets the takedown early into the round. Tapio takes Sloan’s back but a clever sweep from Sloan seems him in his opponent’s guard. This doesn’t last for long as Tapio creates a scramble and regains top control. From side control, Tapio begins working on an Americana. Sloan is fighting it hard but is audibly in a lot of pain. His hand is hovering over the canvas but the referee has seen enough, stopping the fight to prevent Tom Sloan from taking any more damage.
Tapio Sammalkorpi wins at 1:37 of Round 1 by Submission (Americana). NEW Welterweight Champion
Aldous Wensleydale (1-0) Vs George Glass (2-2) – Welterweight
Two mid level talents here looking to prove their worth. Aldous is managed by Highland Island CEO Reggie Thistleton while George Glass was a competitor for Extreme MMA before switching to Highland Island. Throughout the fight, Wensleydale is looking to make it a grappling match, looking for both the clinch and takedown at all times. While he’s able to land some knees and elbows in close and some brief ground and pound, most of the fight is about control. Early in the third round, Aldous gets a quick takedown and an elbow rocks glass. All he needs is this opportunity to start dropping bombs. Glass can’t defend and the referee stops the fight.
Aldous Wensleydale wins at 0:34 of Round 3 by TKO (Strikes)
Kan Budo (1-0) Vs Dementri Viscount (1-1) – Super Heavyweight
This wasn’t the most impressive fight. Budo was mixing it up, getting Viscount in the clinch and breaking it. The main moment of the fight is the work Budo does when on the inside, landing some decent punches to the head and body. Viscount just had no answers. He didn’t know how to tackle the challenge and Budo was able to have his way for him for all three rounds.
Kan Budo wins by Unanimous Decision
Lei Thio (0-1) Vs Flying Scrotum (1-0) – Super Heavyweight
I actually was almost taken back when writing the name Flying Scrotum right there. That being said, the one who should really be taken back is Scrotum himself. Flying shot in for a takedown but Thio had a solid scramble and got back to his feet. Then it was Thio who shot in, getting a takedown of his own. Thio gets pushed back by Flying’s feet, but uses the situation to lock in a nasty heel hook. Flying has no answer for it and tapes to the rare submission. A great notch on Lei Thio’s cap, especially with it being his first professional win.
Lei Thio wins at 0:53 of Round 1 by Submission (Heel Hook)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kame Sennin (1-0) Vs Rick Vacon (0-2) – Bantamweight
This one was over before it really began. Vacon has the avoidance skills of Bob the training dummy. Sennin landed every single shot he threw. 7 shots later, yes 7, Vacon was on his back with the Ref trying to make sure he wasn't braindead. Zero to well, zero in just short of 40 seconds. The crowd were ecstatic and a few rumours of Sennin being a title contender could be heard around the arena. Is this Master Roshi in disguise? Find out next time on Highland Island…
Kame Sennin wins at 0:37 of Round 1 by TKO (Strikes)
Przemyslaw Miesik (1-0) Vs The Olympian (0-1) – Super Heavyweight
Well done Mr Cameraman, well done. You could almost forgive him being a little late with the fighter intro's, she was pretty tasty. Now on to the action. With no idea how to pronounce his first name, the commentators relied on Miesik to get them by. Miesik, well he's may well just be sick after the amount of subs during the fight. The Olympian showed his power opening a cut with the first kick of the fight but it wasn't to be and he was let down with his lack of ability on the floor. 9 sub attempts later and The Olympian left open a gap the size of a swimming pool for Miesik to get an armbar after a sneaky fake triangle set up.
Przemyslaw Miesik wins at 3:42 of Round 1 by Submission (Armbar)
Tyler Barrol (0-1) Vs Cabaas Ashkir (1-0) – Featherweight
Barrol had a point to prove after his last fight and duly did his homework on Ashkir. He was full of confidence before the fight and despite the somewhat slow pace of the fight, it paid off for him in the end. It was like watching a game of cat and mouse with Ashkir dictating and Barrol waiting for the right moment. That moment lit up the arena, Barrol landed a huge right which knocked Ashkir out cold. Contrasting post fight interviews, Barrol showing his arrogance and Ashkir showing humility, vowing to come back faster and stronger.
Tyler Barrol wins at 3:27 of Round 1 by KO (Punch)
Greg Price (0-0) Vs William Wallace (1-0) – Featherweight
Both fighters looking to take each other's freedom, by way of constant clinching. All we needed was incessant Thai music droning in the background and we could have filmed the new Kickboxer movie. Definitely a low budget, terribly dubbed version though. Regardless of the pace, the crowd seemed to enjoy the fight. Price never really looked like losing as he was the main aggressor and the hardest worker by a large margin. Keep an eye on him as he could have a bright future with the right training and guidance.
Greg Price wins by Unanimous Decision
Jaque Baeuout (0-2) Vs Than Asos (0-2) – Super Heavyweight
This was a real life David vs Goliath fight. Goliath in this instance just happens to be a ninja and David is an avid D&D neckbeard who lives on Cheeto's and Mountain Dew. Baeuout just about kicked Asos' head clean off his shoulders, after letting him get back up twice. Let that be a warning kids, when someone puts you on your ass twice, it's probably not a good idea to get back up. Especially when the other guy has legs like Dhalsim. Fair play to Asos for having the heart to get back up but his corner should have pulled him out after the first one. If you ever want a 30 tutorial of how not to fight, watch this.
Jaque Baeuout wins at 0:27 in Round 1 by KO (Head Kick)
KOTN – Kame Sennin
SOTN – Lei Thio
FOTN – Tapio Sammalkorpi Vs Tom Sloan
  • Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1455821311event13.jpg

HIGHLAND ISLAND 13 PREVIEW

By Callum McGregor

Polite Efficient (4-0) Vs Skip Gordon (3-0) – Light Heavyweight Championship

In the first defence of his 205 belt, Skip Gordon faces challenger Polite Efficient in what essentially is a clinch battle to the death, okay that was a little bit dramatic. Skip Gordon is a member of The Island’s legendary Gordon clan, following in the footsteps of tournament winner Darby, tournament finalist Mel and former Highland Games title challenger Louis. Polite Efficient is managed by Ivan Drago, who is expected to be still reeling, along with the rest of us, from the shocking loss that LightHeavy Weight encountered in Highland Games. With the camp being perhaps at an all time low after such a stunning loss, this might be Gordon’s time to establish some early dominance within the division, knocking off his biggest threat to date.

Ken Roussow (2-0) Vs CeeTee Fletcher (1-0) – Lightweight

The managers of these two men are actually in conjunction with Highland Island; Ken with manager Michael Russell at the helm and Fletcher with Highland CT and Spar head John Bravo in his corner. Roussow is a wrestler with some capable jiu jitsu skills who’s working on improving his boxing, while Fletcher likes to work the clinch. We haven’t seen too much of either man inside the cage as of yet so it’s hard to get a clear winner, but if Fletcher’s takedown defence isn’t absolutely stellar, I wouldn’t suggest engaging in a grapple with Ken Roussow.

Dion Lovejoy (2-0) Vs Ilmari Rannikko (2-1) – Light Heavyweight

It’s always a big moment being in a particular weight class and fighting on the same event as the belt in that group is being defended. A real contender can come out of this fight if the winner can play his cards right. Undefeated Dion Lovejoy likes to keep it standing and throw punches, but is happy to let the fight spill to the mat where he can look for a submission, something he has secured in both of his professional wins. Finland’s Rannikko prefers to fight in the clinch, landing punches to the head and body to work down an opponent. Although Rannikko does have a submission loss on his record, I’d say Dion will struggle to get this one to the floor. With no muay thai or wrestling background to speak of, a win here will be a big ask for Dion Lovejoy.

Joe Yabuki (1-0) Vs Satoshi Masahira (1-1) – Bantamweight

The smallest men on the card tonight, both “Ashita No Joe” and “Monkeyboy” are making their Highland Island debut. Both have competed on the independent circuit and Japan’s Masahira also has a victory in the short lived BAMF Island. Yabuki is an all rounder who is looking to keep his opponent guessing, while Satoshi is a striker and submission fighter who will be happy wherever it goes. This is really a big question mark fight, but I would say that Masahira’s more specialized techniques will be the difference maker this evening.

Uiva Nakki (1-0) Vs Tangaroa Ngata (2-0) – Middleweight

Nakki will be looking for a quick clinch and when he faced Joseph Venables at HI 9, he was able to secure it. We saw him end up on the ground in that fight but he made the correct adjustments and was able to score a late stoppage victory. Both of New Zealand native Tangaroa Ngata’s wins have come inside Highland Island, and he’s shown the ability to look for a stoppage and also take the fight to a decision. With a strong background in Muay Thai, Ngata will be happy to let Nakki try his luck inside the distance.

-------------------------------------------------

Also on the card

Noah Gundersen (2-0) Vs Akim Aleesio (1-0) – Lightweight

Big Pimpin (1-0) Vs Abdul Khaliq Khalid (2-1) – Light Heavyweight

Joseph Venables (0-1) Vs Isailo Ljotic (2-2) – Middleweight

Taco MacArthur (1-2) Vs Javier Reynaldo Alcaraz (1-2) – Welterweight

Christian Reyes (0-1) Vs Tusing Pocc (1-0) – Featherweight

(Disclaimer: The reason the fights are arranged like this is because the fights were not correctly arranged for the event. I didn't feel it was fair to not preview the right fights as a result of an error, so I checked which fights deserved to be where on the card and did it as such).

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1455821311event13.jpg

HIGHLAND ISLAND 13 REVIEW

Main Card by Callum McGregor

Prelims by Ferg uK

Polite Efficient (4-0) Vs Skip Gordon (3-0) – Light Heavyweight Championship

This one went down exactly as anticipated. Gordon used his punches and kicks to set up the clinch and Polite was willing to let his opponent do all the work in closing the distance. Inside, both men were extremely active in trying to elbow each other, almost comically so. Gordon was mixing it up with punches to the head and body and those seemed to be catching Polite off guard a bit. In the end, Gordon was the more active of the two inside and was able to steal the rounds, cruising to a Unanimous Decision victory and successfully defending his belt.

Skip Gordon wins by Unanimous Decision. STILL Light Heavyweight Champion

Ken Roussow (2-0) Vs CeeTee Fletcher (1-0) – Lightweight

We got to see a big more of Fletcher’s game here and we saw that he has some solid skills at counter grappling and getting back to his feet. Despite being flat footed a few times, Fletcher was able to make sure Roussow was never mounting too much offence in the grappling, and when both men separated it was CeeTee who was able to work his great kickboxing skills to bank away the rounds. We also saw some solid resolve from Roussow who was able to overcome being rocked early to stay competitive in the fight.

CeeTee Fletcher wins by Unanimous Decision

Dion Lovejoy (2-0) Vs Ilmari Rannikko (2-1) – Light Heavyweight

I was very impressed by Lovejoy here. Although he was getting chopped to the legs early, he was able to land his punches and rocked Rannikko early. Usually at this stage in a fighter’s career, they don’t have all the tools down. Dion Lovejoy displayed some great versatility by not only dropping his opponent, but following him to the floor and quickly locking on an arm triangle submission. Very impressive and a big statement from the 205er.

Dion Lovejoy wins at 3:25 of Round 1 by Submission (Arm Triangle)

Joe Yabuki (1-0) Vs Satoshi Masahira (1-1) – Bantamweight

Yabuki was desperate to close the distance and he came out very aggressive. Satoshi remained calm and collected, managing to defend some clinch takedown attempts and get separation. When Yabuki did manage to take it down, his over aggressive style was his downfall, allowing himself to get wrapped up in a guillotine which he couldn’t find a way out of.

Satoshi Masahira wins at 1:20 of Round 1 by Submission (Guillotine)

Uiva Nakki (1-0) Vs Tangaroa Ngata (2-0) – Middleweight

This wasn’t the most exciting fight of all time, with Tangaroa Ngata switching between clinch attempts and striking constantly. Nakki was happy to just work his boxing, both at distance and in close, and wasn’t too fazed by his opponent’s unconventional style. I think Uiva Nakki will be disappointed that he wasn’t able to score a finish, but none the less he showed few weaknesses enroute to a win on the scorecards.

Uiva Nakki wins by Unanimous Decision

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah Gundersen (2-0) Vs Akim Aleesio (1-0) – Lightweight

I don't think you'll ever see a more one sided fight than this. Aleesio should have just stayed at home. He landed 4 shots across 15 minutes of fighting. Abysmal to say the least. Gundersen on the other hand just loves to clinch. You could almost forgive Aleesio but if you're going to let yourself be controlled like that, it should be at home by a beautiful woman and not in the cage with thousands of people watching.

Noah Gundersen wins by Unanimous Decision

Big Pimpin (1-0) Vs Abdul Khaliq Khalid (2-1) – Light Heavyweight

I feel sorry for Khalid. I truly believe he should have won the fight. The judges giving high value to takedown attempts over competent striking. I'd be submitting a written complaint about the standard of the judges if I were Khalids manager. A truly forgettable fight anyway, the crowd booing for the lack of action on more than one occassion. Maybe a rematch with a less bias set of home judges?

Big Pimping wins by Unanimous Decision

Joseph Venables (0-1) Vs Isailo Ljotic (2-2) – Middleweight

Blood. Blood everywhere. I hope Venables recovers quickly as he certainly got a good seeing to. Ljotic takes it to the mat and proceeds to pretty much wreck Venables face from full mount. Credit to him for trying to defend but Ljotic just wasn't going to let the finish elude him. The doctor enters the ring and decides that the cut is too serious to continue. Definite work to be done on Venables defensive skills as that's 0-2 now for the young Aussie.

Isailo Ljotic wins at 02:58 of Round 1 by TKO (Cut)

Taco MacArthur (1-2) Vs Javier Reynaldo Alcaraz (1-2) – Welterweight

All out war. Lets stand toe to toe and battle it out must have been the agreed upon plan when these two walked into the octagon. MacArthur dished out some heavy hits but Alcaraz just shrugged them off like they were nothing. Granite chin an understatement here. He was even smiling at shots that would have crumpled lesser men. MacArthur using his smarts to slow Alcaraz down and his shot variation impresse the judges. If Alcaraz was a little quicker, this fight would have been a lot closer.

Taco MacArthur wins by Unanimous Decision

Christian Reyes (0-1) Vs Tusing Pocc (1-0) – Featherweight

Tusing Pocc, what a guy. Reyes enters with Legend (Drake) blaring out hyping up the crowd and Pocc just stands there playing with his nipples. Hilarious! Reyes the more active but the smaller and more experienced Pocc, using his smarts well to avoid the takedowns. Pocc has enough and gets a nice sweep into side control and goes to work on his sub game. Reyes screams, the ref steps in to end his agony. Well done Pocc.

Tusing Pocc wins at 02:56 in Round 1 by Submission (Americana)

FOTN - Taco MacArthur Vs Javier Reynaldo Alcaraz

KOTN - Isailo Ljotic

SOTN - Dion Lovejoy

• Upvote 1

http://i68.tinypic.com/f53g4h_th.jpg

Voljin "Medicine Man" Ulfzaar (285993)

9-0

I'll personally come to watch the Highland Island 17 thats going down later tonight! I hope the cards will be good so I can be entertained while Im waiting for my next fight. I'll watch closely to this fight card since I think the winner of that fight will be the one contending for my belt. I'm really not too happy that this guy got the chance to face me already instead of those two guys but I'm more than happy to give him a beating if he does accept the fight offer thats been hanging for days!

• Upvote 1