Cain Velasquez Out of UFC 196

PBR

Most likely is they just re-book Cain/Werdum for when both are healthy depending on recovery times. The timing of this is kind of fishy if you think about it. Werdum agreed to the re-booking yesterday, but now is hurt and pulling out a day later? I think his team starting watching tape and decided taking the Miocic fight isnt the best idea. As a guy who cant have more than 4-5 fights left in him at his age, I really can't blame him for waiting for the big money/lower risk Cain fight then fighting Miocic for likely less money and a higher risk.

Too much of a gambe, we have no idea when Cain will recover.

Turns out UFC196 is going to be on FS1 instead of PPV which makes sense that they do that. Hendricks/Thompson is not PPV headliner worthy and with the rest of the card being so weak it was the only thing they could do.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/after-losing-headliner-ufc-196-shifts-from-pay-per-view-to-fox-sports-1

Turns out UFC196 is going to be on FS1 instead of PPV which makes sense that they do that. Hendricks/Thompson is not PPV headliner worthy and with the rest of the card being so weak it was the only thing they could do.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/after-losing-headliner-ufc-196-shifts-from-pay-per-view-to-fox-sports-1

Makes sense indeed. Not much else they could have done. I was actually looking forward to werdum vs Cain as then the cardio argument could be put to sleep as well .