UFC 196 Dos Anjos vs McGregor Pick'em

kenlow73

McGregor gassed. He was owning the fight until then. He made a very egotistical error of letting Nate hit him and he paid for it. Doesn't take anything away from his greatness as a fighter. He would still fuck RDA up and has the toolset to beat most striking.

Disappointed with the results, but I'm absolutely dying to see Dana White's face and post fight conference. It'll be priceless.

Was a cheap attempt at a jab. I actually edited that part in there.

He gassed because he threw everything he could at Nate and it wasn't enough. "owning the fight" yet he spent his load in 1 round then got rocked by a few solid punches, got slapped around.

then he shot for a takedown to make it stop.

He was all like "please daddy, don't slap me no more. Please choke me Nate!"

Dude quit.

He was not owning the fight. Half the time he was swinging wildly looking like Ronda against Holly. Nate was doing well; losing, but doing well. Once he got it going he never let up and Conor couldn't take the punishment. If I recall correctly it was you who said Nate wouldn't be able to take Conor's power, dead wrong on that one.

+1 we need to see fight metric but I feel that Nate landed as much or more than Conor in the first round.

Conor uses the Bomber Graham, Naseem Ahmed boxing style that means you can get popped against rangey boxers or get KTFO aka Julian Jackson vs Bomber Graham.

He fought like a fucking idiot and he needs some striking defence.

At least now he will realise he has to protect his chin, and not go bombs away when out of range.

Was a cheap attempt at a jab. I actually edited that part in there.

He gassed because he threw everything he could at Nate and it wasn't enough. "owning the fight" yet he spent his load in 1 round then got rocked by a few solid punches, got slapped around.

then he shot for a takedown to make it stop.

He was all like "please daddy, don't slap me no more. Please choke me Nate!"

Dude quit.

He probably thought he was going to surprise Nate and land that takedown, giving him more time to recover the gas tank lol, didn't work that way though. Nate was getting lit up pretty badly. Nate had no confidence until he caught him with that one-two that rocked him and the fight did a 180 after that.

Honestly I think McGregor didn't realise just how much he was giving up fighting at 170, at 145 he's always been both rangy and physically powerful, at 170 Nate isn't that powerful, but compared to McGregor he's still vastly stronger and actually has reach worth discussing.

agree , Nate had the physical size and durability to absorb shots, and the reach issue then became apparent as Connor fell short with his looping shots, and got tagged.

he didn't react too well to getting tagged, he was suddenly in a war, he didn't get his hands up, he just unravelled.

Back to 145 where he can have the size and power advantage, and land those bombs on them little guys.

Agreed. She looked liked she panicked both times Meisha got her down and gave up her neck both times. She seemed much more calm against Ronda when she took her down. Disappointing to see. Hope she can comeback.

That's because Ronda was already damaged from a punch in the first min and never recovered. Think about it. No one is better than Ronda on the ground (as much as I love her cause she is a fucking monster, not even Miesha), and when Ronda got her there she did nothing cause she was all bout out from the punch anyway. :)

agree , Nate had the physical size and durability to absorb shots, and the reach issue then became apparent as Connor fell short with his looping shots, and got tagged.

he didn't react too well to getting tagged, he was suddenly in a war, he didn't get his hands up, he just unravelled.

Back to 145 where he can have the size and power advantage, and land those bombs on them little guys.

When you're gassed, and your jaw is hanging open, that "button" on your chin becomes a lot more vulnerable. McGregor is still the better striker, by far. It showed in the 1st round, it showed in the majority of the 2nd round. Chael Sonnen dropped Anderson Silva - Weidman dropped and knocked out Silva - but if we are realistically asking who's the better striker... there's also a difference between power punching somebody taller than you, and somebody shorter than you. I think he was expecting him to fold like Mendes did. But he should of been more focused on getting inside and landing shots on Nate's button than hitting him as hard as he could in the head.

Tbh, I think Conor AND his corner truly thought he was going to put Nate away in the first. After I heard the corner, iirc, "it's just another round" or something along those lines, I was a little nervous that Conor wasn't expecting or prepared to fight 5 rounds. I would bet money on Conor in a rematch.

So there ends the hype train by Dana :P
Rousey, Paige, Sage and at last but not least Connor :P hahaha

at least all of them but Rousey took the defeat like real champions, or fighters ... ;)

One bitch-slap from Nate, Connor was like 'screw not taking part and taking over ... '

and what connor should really do is brush up his BJJ and wrestling during his 'talking-time' before his next fight

( I like connor, but AWESOME work Nate )

When you're gassed, and your jaw is hanging open, that "button" on your chin becomes a lot more vulnerable. McGregor is still the better striker, by far. It showed in the 1st round, it showed in the majority of the 2nd round. Chael Sonnen dropped Anderson Silva - Weidman dropped and knocked out Silva - but if we are realistically asking who's the better striker... there's also a difference between power punching somebody taller than you, and somebody shorter than you. I think he was expecting him to fold like Mendes did. But he should of been more focused on getting inside and landing shots on Nate's button than hitting him as hard as he could in the head.

Tbh, I think Conor AND his corner truly thought he was going to put Nate away in the first. After I heard the corner, iirc, "it's just another round" or something along those lines, I was a little nervous that Conor wasn't expecting or prepared to fight 5 rounds. I would bet money on Conor in a rematch.

Couldnt agree more with you, amen to that.

So there ends the hype train by Dana :P

Rousey, Paige, Sage and at last but not least Connor :P hahaha

at least all of them but Rousey took the defeat like real champions, or fighters ... ;)

One bitch-slap from Nate, Connor was like 'screw not taking part and taking over ... '

and what connor should really do is brush up his BJJ and wrestling during his 'talking-time' before his next fight

( I like connor, but AWESOME work Nate )

Again with this nonsense, what in the heck BJJ training have to do in choking out a Zombie, McGregor at that point was a zombie, Nate did really nothing other than his " by the book" fight, get your head beat to shit until the opponent start to gas out and swing less.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Again with this nonsense, what in the heck BJJ training have to do in choking out a Zombie, McGregor at that point was a zombie, Nate did really nothing other than his " by the book" fight, get your head beat to shit until the opponent start to gas out and swing less.

Conor has A LOT to work on with wrestling and jiu-jitsu... evident in the Mendes fight. He's just an overwhelming striker that can usually neutralize his own weaknesses by applying his strengths.

Contrary to popualr beliefs, McGregor is a very decent BJJ fighter, and have decent defensive wrestling, Chad Mendes took him down 2 times because he is a fucking midget, but that was not the point iwanted to make, infact the first round of Diaz VS McGregor ended with Nate Diaz face in the dirt, and McGregior attempting to rape him from the top.

2 round a different story, he gassed out, he ended choked with no efforts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Contrary to popualr beliefs, McGregor is a very decent BJJ fighter, and have decent defensive wrestling, Chad Mendes took him down 2 times because he is a fucking midget, but that was not the point iwanted to make, infact the first round of Diaz VS McGregor ended with Nate Diaz face in the dirt, and McGregior attempting to rape him from the top.

'Contrary to popualr beliefs '

what r u? his BJJ coach ? ;)

against Mendes he was looking up at the ref in hope he stood up the fight instead of applying the correct techniques to get himself up, against Diaz he had his guard passed in 2 seconds.

i think the popular beliefs about McGregors ground game are well founded, he should stop "playing touch-butt" with Ido Portal and get a gi on to train bjj.

• Upvote 1

against Mendes he was looking up at the ref in hope he stood up the fight instead of applying the correct techniques to get himself up, against Diaz he had his guard passed in 2 seconds.

i think the popular beliefs about McGregors ground game are well founded, he should stop "playing touch-butt" with Ido Portal and get a gi on to train bjj.

How come Diaz didnt passed his guard in the first round???

Oh yeah right, he gassed out in the second, again with this BJJ bullshit, when you gas out even a 5 years old can choke you, if Conor didnt rolled to the right, he would have been finished with ground and pound anyway, as he was totally out of breathe.

Oh yeah right, he gassed out in the second, again with this BJJ bullshit, when you gas out even a 5 years old can choke you, if Conor didnt rolled to the right, he would have been finished with ground and pound anyway, as he was totally out of breathe.

Conor wasn't rocked or gassed against Chad and he got taken down easily by a tired Chad mendes. In Chad's guard he had no clue or really didn't even try to get up. Conor's BJJ and his TD defense are decent but it's clearly his biggest flaw and in a division with great wrestlers/grapplers his size or bigger like at 155 and 170 he will get exposed. At 155 Khabib will rag doll him, same with Ferguson, Alvarez, RDA if he wants to can take him down and sub him early.

What FallenAngel said makes perfect sense. Most of the time when guys get hurt on the feet they go with their wrestling and take their opponent down and no matter how tired or hurt they're they usually survive. Conor tried it but he doesn't have this skill and he needs it because his striking defense is to take it on the chin. His chins is good but not indestructible. If he had good wrestling and good bjj he could have survived that round with Nate.

You can try to make it out to be that "he was hurt, and gassed" or "he was a zombie" but we've seen guys in those positions survive. Conor looked downright pathetic and gave up his neck almost instantly. There's a reason everyone but you is agreeing he needs heavy work on his wrestling/bjj.

He was getting ground and pounded while out of gas, thats why he served his neck on a gold plate, i think he wanted to quit the match, he was out totally, he could have kept going and get his face smashed by Nate vicious GNP, or getting BBJ choked to let his haters gonna hate more, sadly, he choose the latter.

• Upvote 1

This, Conor did very well vs Nates grappling in round 1... Go rewatch if you disagree.

It is Conor's weak point but it's not like he has shit wrestling and JJ because he gassed and got tapped by one of the best no gi BJJ guys at any lower weight.

• Upvote 1

This, Conor did very well vs Nates grappling in round 1... Go rewatch if you disagree.

It is Conor's weak point but it's not like he has shit wrestling and JJ because he gassed and got tapped by one of the best no gi BJJ guys at any lower weight.

Conor is lucky he didn't get triangle choked in that first round. Trying to GNP a Diaz brother in the 1st round from their guard is just pure fucking stupidity (okay, maybe not stupid, but not the wisest gameplan or strategy), unless you're covered in sweat already.

Conor has a very good chin. No chin is "indestructible". Anybody who is tired, and their mouth is hanging open, you are very prone to getting your bell rang if you take one on the button. Even after Conor got wobbled, there was a brief moment he was trying his best Lawler impression swinging for the fences, of course it didn't last long. Cardio is one of the biggest factors in MMA.

Yeah cardio and having big heart is everything, if Conor really wanted, he could have make a Mark Hunt impersonation and "rest" with his back against the cage, arms down, while eating literally EVERYTHING coming at him....sadly, only Mark Hunt can pull out this kind of insane shit, lol.