UFC 196 Dos Anjos vs McGregor Pick'em

kenlow73

Yeah cardio and having big heart is everything, if Conor really wanted, he could have make a Mark Hunt impersonation and "rest" with his back against the cage, arms down, while eating literally EVERYTHING coming at him....sadly, only Mark Hunt can pull out this kind of insane shit, lol.

Even Mark Hunt can't pull that shit off any more. Cabbage was probably the one guy I've seen absorb more punishment than Hunt in the cage and not fall down.

Conor got hurt, he couldn't take the 1/2. He couldn't take the stockton slap. Dude threw everything he had Nate and Nate came back stronger. Conor was tired and he was shook. He got rocked and he was wobbly, he wanted a way out and went for a takedown cause he didn't want to be slapped around anymore. He wanted to be chocked out because he didn't want to get knocked out.

"Choke me Nate, please don't slap me no more"

Say what you want about Conor. He prepared for a 155 fight and got a 170, he didn't have time to put on more weight so he basically got to fight at his peak conditioning without a weight cut. He was fighting a bigger fighter sure but with no weight cut he should of easily gone 5 rounds. He put on the weight on the wrong way, he doesn't have the lungs to throw some spin shit on round 1 and not gas? Come on now, that is piss poor conditioning.

I like Conor, he's a beast at 145 because of his skill set but he had holes exposed in this match up whether the nuthuggers want to believe it or not.

Conor did great in round 1 (albeit vs a Nate without a camp). He threw some nice shots and no doubt he is a great striker but that is only a part of the game.

• Upvote 1

Conor got hurt, he couldn't take the 1/2. He couldn't take the stockton slap. Dude threw everything he had Nate and Nate came back stronger. Conor was tired and he was shook. He got rocked and he was wobbly, he wanted a way out and went for a takedown cause he didn't want to be slapped around anymore. He wanted to be chocked out because he didn't want to get knocked out.

"Choke me Nate, please don't slap me no more"

Say what you want about Conor. He prepared for a 155 fight and got a 170, he didn't have time to put on more weight so he basically got to fight at his peak conditioning without a weight cut. He was fighting a bigger fighter sure but with no weight cut he should of easily gone 5 rounds. He put on the weight on the wrong way, he doesn't have the lungs to throw some spin shit on round 1 and not gas? Come on now, that is piss poor conditioning.

I like Conor, he's a beast at 145 because of his skill set but he had holes exposed in this match up whether the nuthuggers want to believe it or not.

Conor did great in round 1 (albeit vs a Nate without a camp). He threw some nice shots and no doubt he is a great striker but that is only a part of the game.

Conor didn't have enough time to put on more weight? He weighed in at 168.

You understand that fighters who weight in 170 dont walk around with 170? If you have to eat steaks and two breakfast in the morning to make the 170 that will not help you in fight at all it will only gas you out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And he was going to cut from 168lbs+ to 155lbs unless he was real dumb and eating twinkies for two weeks.

Just saw this, ouch worst performance by me for the season by far at 5-6

Yeah, you probably would have seen it sooner but everybody wants to post on here, even there is like 3 or four other threads about it.

His opponents weight had nothing to do with anything at all. He should of stayed in shape and not tried to bulk up to 170 even if he came in weighing 155-160ish. I think it's pretty clear that he didn't expect Nate to take his shots and he didn't train to go 5 rounds.

How can he bulk up 15 pounds of muscle in that small period of time?

Sorry didnt read it right.

He is inexperienced for war fights, he never been in any war all his career, this fight will serve him a great lesson in experience and to respect and aknowledge opposing fighter, he lost nothign anyway, he got his money, he still have his belt, Dos Anjos is still there, he only gained a lot from this experience he will bounce back a bit stronger than before i think, only the usual haters hating on him even more, but it doesnt matter really.

His opponents weight had nothing to do with anything at all. He should of stayed in shape and not tried to bulk up to 170 even if he came in weighing 155-160ish. I think it's pretty clear that he didn't expect Nate to take his shots and he didn't train to go 5 rounds.

Anyone who trains to go one round with either Diaz brother needs to fire every trainer and manager they have and start over because that is retarded.

Anyone who trains to go one round with either Diaz brother needs to fire every trainer and manager they have and start over because that is retarded.

I just think both the team and McGregor thought that a Nate Diaz without camp would gas out rather than being straight KOed.

he feed into his own hype and underestimated nate big time -- i was hoping nate would win but i didnt think he would -- i hate people that talk so much shit like conor but in the end at least he shows respect after the fight -- something ronda doesnt do which is a reason i cant stand her still -- now ufc is looking to set up nate vs lawler for 170 belt -- i think that is so stupid but at least gives nate another big payday -- all of the talk about weight and size b/s if wrong, conor talk like nate is true 170 and was so much bigger and all which is b/s -- nate is 155 at his best yea has fought at 170 but not at his best -- conor just went in there with the "no one can take my punches attitude" looking for highlight ko and lost -- woodley and couple others deserve a shot at lawler more than nate

• Upvote 1

Was happy for Meisha winning the title, she deserved it. I think her gameplan was right on for this fight. Conor on the other hand has missed his chance to go for 2 titles now, the UFC will need to force him to move down to 145lbs again because giving him 2 titles when he just lost a fight seems foolish. I think he made a mistake having his hands down a lot of the fight, Diaz did a good job hitting his target. Either way, Conor at 170lbs is not the same animal, i think he should stick to 155 or 145 where his size is more of a factor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Conor is hyping the fights. Hyping the UFC. He's EXACTLY what this sport needed because is was getting very, very, very quiet. He's brought the spotlight. He's brought the money in. Every single fighter eventually owes him a big thank you. If it weren't for Conor, Nate would of got paid, what, 50K/50K ? lol

• Upvote 1

he feed into his own hype and underestimated nate big time -- i was hoping nate would win but i didnt think he would -- i hate people that talk so much shit like conor but in the end at least he shows respect after the fight -- something ronda doesnt do which is a reason i cant stand her still -- now ufc is looking to set up nate vs lawler for 170 belt -- i think that is so stupid but at least gives nate another big payday -- all of the talk about weight and size b/s if wrong, conor talk like nate is true 170 and was so much bigger and all which is b/s -- nate is 155 at his best yea has fought at 170 but not at his best -- conor just went in there with the "no one can take my punches attitude" looking for highlight ko and lost -- woodley and couple others deserve a shot at lawler more than nate

What, for real??? Lawler will eat Nate alive the whole match, not sure if he can get KOed, but i expect a bloody face like Ronald McDonald....

If it weren't for Conor, Nate would of got paid, what, 50K/50K ? lol

i don't think he was even getting close to that if i remember but not sure --- i would actually like to see the pay sort of like old boxing day payouts where such a cut is done with the winner getting the most -- i think it would make some fight harder knowing they wont be getting the big cut -- just like the last fight with nate and miesha, nate should of gotten 1 mill and conor 500k -- miesha should of gotten 500k and holm 46k -- not to even mention the ppv cuts conor and holm will get -- i know it will never be done that way but sucks seeing winners get half or way less than half of what the losers get