UFC 200 so far (will keep updated as we know more). Thoughts?

I think it will be either Mir/Hunt/Carwin.

Hunt would be new, Mir would be Mir/Lesnar 3, and Carwin would be Carwin/Lesnar 2. I was reading that Brock was trying to get more money or something from Vince before Wrestlemania and had a "Being able to fight for UFC" stipulation added to his WWE contract. Evidently, Ariel Helwani broke the Lesnar and McGregor/Diaz stories, so they kicked him out of 199 and banned him for life.

• Upvote 1

Hunt would be new, Mir would be Mir/Lesnar 3, and Carwin would be Carwin/Lesnar 2. I was reading that Brock was trying to get more money or something from Vince before Wrestlemania and had a "Being able to fight for UFC" stipulation added to his WWE contract. Evidently, Ariel Helwani broke the Lesnar and McGregor/Diaz stories, so they kicked him out of 199 and banned him for life.

Ye thats a shame about Ariel, I like him a lot. Hopefully they change their minds about him.

Yeh big fan of Ariel but he probably had it coming. Dave Sholler was saying in his eight/nine years with the UFC the Brock news was the only secret kept from him. Looks like they wanted it to be a shock announcement in the best way possible. Imagine watching the UFC 200 promo and you just see Lesnar at the end of it, without hearing any rumours beforehand. Would have been mental. But Ariel spoiled their big surprise.

Still. Banning him for life's a little ridiculous no?

• Upvote 1

Yeh big fan of Ariel but he probably had it coming. Dave Sholler was saying in his eight/nine years with the UFC the Brock news was the only secret kept from him. Looks like they wanted it to be a shock announcement in the best way possible. Imagine watching the UFC 200 promo and you just see Lesnar at the end of it, without hearing any rumours beforehand. Would have been mental. But Ariel spoiled their big surprise.

Still. Banning him for life's a little ridiculous no?

Yeah i think Helwani was stupid to release the info without permission.

I'd be most interested in Lesnar/Hunt out of those options.

agreed

Hunt would give him one shot to the gut and his stomach issues would return.

OK, so McGinger got ripped from the UFC 200 card because he didn't do mandatory presser in Vegas.. how can Lesnar fight on 200 since he didn't do mandatory presser in Vegas?

This is what a reporter does, he reports. He had the news... he ran with it, Ariel covers MMA as one of the best... he has the utmost respect of the top fighters in the game. The fact that Diaz would sit down for an hour with him is telling. UFC just mad they can't control him like they control the reporters on Fox.

• Upvote 1