UFC 200 so far (will keep updated as we know more). Thoughts?

I just bought 4 tickets at 650 a pop. savage haha u goin?

Nah...I'm done with Fight Club presales. Trying to get them through a friend's host at MGM comped instead. Has seemed like Fight Club presale tix are worse in terms of seats than people who get them through signing up for Fight Club at the time of sale through Ticketmaster (not sure if that's an option at the time of sale anymore).

What seats did you get for $650 each?

Nah...I'm done with Fight Club presales. Trying to get them through a friend's host at MGM comped instead. Has seemed like Fight Club presale tix are worse in terms of seats than people who get them through signing up for Fight Club at the time of sale through Ticketmaster (not sure if that's an option at the time of sale anymore).

What seats did you get for $650 each?

Ye this will be the first time using fight club presale for an event. It was frantic and took a while to actually get allocated seats. We will be in section 1 row W - not bad but I was expecting high prices for 200. The one I went to last year at MGM (think it was 186 Johnson vs Cormier) was better seats and price. Funny how that was meant to be Cormier vs jones and no I actually get to see it. Pretty damn happy about that! There is a chance I will be able to get tickets from a mate who knows someone high up in UFC Europe department but not holding my breathe. Would be cool if o could sell off those tickets for free ones though!

• Upvote 1

Ye this will be the first time using fight club presale for an event. It was frantic and took a while to actually get allocated seats. We will be in section 1 row W - not bad but I was expecting high prices for 200. The one I went to last year at MGM (think it was 186 Johnson vs Cormier) was better seats and price. Funny how that was meant to be Cormier vs jones and no I actually get to see it. Pretty damn happy about that! There is a chance I will be able to get tickets from a mate who knows someone high up in UFC Europe department but not holding my breathe. Would be cool if o could sell off those tickets for free ones though!

Nice...I'm not actually sure how any of these seats are going to be, seeing as how nobody has attended an event there yet. Pretty sure the demand for 200 isn't going to be as crazy as it was for 100...I don't think any of the tickets under $300 made it to the Fight Club presale for UFC 100. I paid $400 for a nosebleed ticket to 100 but it was like 3 days before the event haha. Plus, this stadium has more seats than MGM Grand Garden Arena.

100 had Brock and GSP...who is a mainstream draw on the UFC 200 card?

Bones Jones? Don't know if I'd consider him mainstream, aside from his criminal mishaps. Umm...I guess JBJ is probably about the closest thing to a mainstream draw and nowhere near the drawing power of Lesnar or GSP.

Still hoping Conor gets on the card somehow...

• Upvote 1

Nice...I'm not actually sure how any of these seats are going to be, seeing as how nobody has attended an event there yet. Pretty sure the demand for 200 isn't going to be as crazy as it was for 100...I don't think any of the tickets under $300 made it to the Fight Club presale for UFC 100. I paid $400 for a nosebleed ticket to 100 but it was like 3 days before the event haha. Plus, this stadium has more seats than MGM Grand Garden Arena.

100 had Brock and GSP...who is a mainstream draw on the UFC 200 card?

Bones Jones? Don't know if I'd consider him mainstream, aside from his criminal mishaps. Umm...I guess JBJ is probably about the closest thing to a mainstream draw and nowhere near the drawing power of Lesnar or GSP.

Still hoping Conor gets on the card somehow...

Ye I don't think it'll be the like 100 for sales but when you look at the card without it being labelled '200' it is damn good but because of the hype of 200 it's perhaps less than what people anticipated. As for star power, the only people that could have matched the star power as brock or GSP is obviously connor or Ronda. JBJ definitely has start power and is a big name but certainly not to the level of connor and ronda. At least JBJ vs DC has a lot of hate going into the fight.

Highly, highly doubtful Connor gets on the card but maybe if Aldo or Edgar get injured he could take that fight perhaps at 155lbs? Seems a bit pointless but it would help the numbers.

it would suck if one of them got injured and he took the fight at 155, since their fighting for the interim belt for his title.

• Upvote 1

Ye I don't think it'll be the like 100 for sales but when you look at the card without it being labelled '200' it is damn good but because of the hype of 200 it's perhaps less than what people anticipated. As for star power, the only people that could have matched the star power as brock or GSP is obviously connor or Ronda. JBJ definitely has start power and is a big name but certainly not to the level of connor and ronda. At least JBJ vs DC has a lot of hate going into the fight.

Highly, highly doubtful Connor gets on the card but maybe if Aldo or Edgar get injured he could take that fight perhaps at 155lbs? Seems a bit pointless but it would help the numbers.

I just want to see him fight live again. Kind of glad I missed out on seeing him vs Aldo live, as I wouldn't have felt I got my money's worth (though it would have been a legendary moment to see live but I've already seen some haha).

They should just add him vs Nate at 155lbs (even though Conor wants 170) and pull Miesha's fight off there for another card, though I'm not sure what to make of the interim 145lb title fight on the same card...the situation is ridiculous there, to be honest. You'd have to either put Nate vs Conor as the fight before the co-main or have it above Aldo vs Edgar, which reduces the legitimacy of that belt even more lol.

it would suck if one of them got injured and he took the fight at 155, since their fighting for the interim belt for his title.

I agree even though I'd love to see connor at some point.

I just want to see him fight live again. Kind of glad I missed out on seeing him vs Aldo live, as I wouldn't have felt I got my money's worth (though it would have been a legendary moment to see live but I've already seen some haha).

They should just add him vs Nate at 155lbs (even though Conor wants 170) and pull Miesha's fight off there for another card, though I'm not sure what to make of the interim 145lb title fight on the same card...the situation is ridiculous there, to be honest. You'd have to either put Nate vs Conor as the fight before the co-main or have it above Aldo vs Edgar, which reduces the legitimacy of that belt even more lol.

Not gonna happen I'm afraid. I really hope Nate accepts one of the offers to fight at 200 even though he says he is going on vacation instead haha. Tell you what I think would be a great opponent for Nate: Either Tony Ferguson at 155lbs or Neil Magny at 170. Obviously those two names are nowhere near as big a draw as McGregor but they'd be lots of fun to watch.

Argh if only I lived in US and I could go to all of these events too! My first MMA live event will be ONE Championship 42 next week can't wait.

Back to UFC 200. Looks like we're still not set:

Traditionally the UFC books between 11 and 14 fights for a given event. UFC 200 as it currently stands has 10 fights confirmed, so White’s promise to see more fights is a near certainty.

Could be an amazing card by the time it's finished. Then there will be three injuries and one USADA victim and it will be shit again.

I actually think it's a pretty exciting card. Obviously a main card with FIVE title shots would be epic.

But from a business perspective it's a bad move and Dana is aware of this. He wants to save McGregor for a fight soon after to make big PPV sales unfortunately.

What would the 5th title fight be? We don't even have a 4th title fight on the card at the moment.

Argh if only I lived in US and I could go to all of these events too! My first MMA live event will be ONE Championship 42 next week can't wait.

Back to UFC 200. Looks like we're still not set:

Traditionally the UFC books between 11 and 14 fights for a given event. UFC 200 as it currently stands has 10 fights confirmed, so White’s promise to see more fights is a near certainty.

Could be an amazing card by the time it's finished. Then there will be three injuries and one USADA victim and it will be shit again.

Yeah I am really interested to see what the remaining 2-3 fights will be. Hopefully not just some fillers, I feel we already have enough of them on the card as is!

I actually think it's a pretty exciting card. Obviously a main card with FIVE title shots would be epic.

But from a business perspective it's a bad move and Dana is aware of this. He wants to save McGregor for a fight soon after to make big PPV sales unfortunately.

5 title shots would be way too much haha 3 max IMO. Would've been great to see the weidman/rockhold rematch and Lawler/??? fight at 200 though.

Apparently Dillashaw v Assuncao 2 is in the works as well. Two highly skilled fighters but I'm not really jumping off the couch in excitement. I really want to see Dillashaw v Dodson 2 instead.

Dillashaw dodson 2 would be so sick i agree. But with the announcement of TJ vs Assuncao i was actually very happy - i havent seen all that much of assuncao but I know TJ comes to bang so i am looking forward to it!

TJ vs Assuncao is confirmed. I read somewhere that this will not be on the main card so that leaves one more spot main card worthy, wonder who it's gonna be.

IMO these would be good fights:

Bisping vs Whittaker

Gustaffson vs Bader

Mendes vs Bermudez (doubt it would make it to main card).

Magny vs Condit