Put an end to the fighter name changes!

markyosullivan

If you cared about their identity then you shouldn't release them lol

This +1

When i pick up a fighter, i want to make him my own.

Some i have changed, some i have not.

As this is just a game, i think managers should be entitled to rename guys.

Perhaps a compromise is gor you to spend your vip days to lock in the fighters name that you are releasing (stupid names not withstanding). Otherwise, if you love your fighter so much, keep him or retire him.

I dont like this for two reasons:

1) Some people enjoy changing the names of fighters they have so why remove anything from the game that provides enjoyment and does no harm.

2) This would also potentially take money out of Mikes pocket. People retire fighters using ViP, because they want to keep their legacies and dont want the name changed of the fighter. This could lower that.

I totally agree with Wolf. If you want to be sure that your guy his name and\or avatar can't be changed after you don't want to fight him anymore, retire him and that's it.

There is a manager in the game ( I won't say his name) who literally refuses to fight a fighter who had his name changed during his career. He declined two fights for that reason that I know of. Sorry, but that is just absurd to me.

So the point is, just don't release him but retire him instead if you want to be sure your guy his identity\character stays safe.

There is a manager in the game ( I won't say his name) who literally refuses to fight a fighter who had his name changed during his career. He declined two fights for that reason that I know of.

Either he's a clown or a duck. Can't decide which is worse.

• Upvote 1

Either he's a clown or a duck. Can't decide which is worse.

both.

I used to decline fights vs retarded ass fighter names, i.e. something like Deeeez Nutz, Rhonda Rousey, Bam Bam Jiggalo, Chest Pubes, or whatever the fuck else. Now idgaf and rarely even look at the opponent when fight offers are sent.

• Upvote 1

There is a manager in the game ( I won't say his name) who literally refuses to fight a fighter who had his name changed during his career. He declined two fights for that reason that I know of. Sorry, but that is just absurd to me.

I actually find that pretty funny.

Tbf back when I started in the org business I used to deliberately avoid signing fighters with dumb names, nowadays not so much - there's at least two Noob Saibot's out there, countless Gregor McConors (or some other variant) and looking through the Ascension roster we've got: a Viet Nam, Grey Worm, Underestimated Dillashaw Junior, Rock Machine, No For Gay Jesus, Raise Hell, Jon Snow, Mr Anywhere and a Karl Drogo (GoT names seem to be pretty popular lately) to name but a few - after a while you stop caring.

• Upvote 2