Blitzkrieg Fighting Championships - Official Smack Talk Thread

MattyBlayze

Regarding the challenge from Busta Rhymes, Kurokawa Kenji has issued the following statement:

"Busta Rhymes is a great veteran fighter, who boasts wonderful cuddling and a brown belt in snuggling. Yet I dont feel like having a half naked man anywhere closer than my fists range, so I will remind him that this is mixed martial arts by punching a hole in his face. I hereby accept the challenge."

• 4 weeks later...

After his victory at BFC 100, BFC Middleweight Jake Franklin had this to say.

"I know I'm not ranked as high as James Tobin, but I believe I'll be the first fighter to knock him out. I have power and have never been knocked out. Tobin if your willing and ready to take this beating I'm gonna hand out then let's sign those papers."

after this he then tweeted

"I wanna clarify my earlier statements, I want to fight the paper boy James Tobin, but my goal is to become BFC Middleweight champion. I know I have a long way to go, but I wanna fight the best"

• 3 months later...

our loyal bettors from Blitzkrieg will find the Wager House temporarily out of commission within the coming week. this is due to a much needed money swap that will finance my gym for the next few months. apologies for any inconvienance and rest assured that as soon as the 7 day freeze ends, we'll reopen the book and continue providing odds on all your upcoming fights.

• 4 weeks later...

Adron Wright has a few words to say before his Blitzkrieg Debut against Dawson Hopkins. " I don't want this fight to go to the judges. I'm coming out there to knock his fucking head off, and I hope Dawson tries to do the same. I wouldn't want it any other way, I can't predict the outcome, but I will say this ... I am bringing the ruckus..fuck Wu-Tang"

• 6 months later...

After his shocking upset victory over Alpha Male at the Inaugural Blitzkrieg: Reach Promotions PPV we caught up with Josh "Spitfire" Wentworth at the Megalodon Gym in Hilo.

Reporter: I'm glad you could take the time off from training to sit down with us Josh, tell us a little bit about your gameplan leading up to your fight with Alpha Male.

Josh: Well, I knew he was going to have the better hands, and he's dangerous in the clinch, so I knew I was going to have to get in there and mix it up. Keep him guessing so I could pull off the takedown. Once I got it to the ground I knew I could work him over. I'm disappointed I wasn't able to pick up a stoppage, but he's a tough guy. Really tough.

Reporter: You picked up a cut early on in the first round, did that affect your performance at all? Were you worried about a doctors stoppage?

Josh: Nah, that spot, that spot opens up all the time. It's more beside my eye than over it so it doesn't really bother me. If he had landed a few more of those elbows right on it I might have gotten worried. But all it really did was fire me up.

Reporter: You've taken some criticism over what some have called lay and pray tactics in your last few fights, what do you say to that?

Josh: Hey, when you're fighting at the top of the sport you can't always finish people. I go out there to finish and I think my record shows I finish a lot of guys, but the top guys are tough. They have great defense and you can't just make it happen whenever you want to.

Reporter: So Josh, you're coming off of the biggest win of your career, capping off an eight fight winning streak, what's next for you?

Josh: Well, when I went into that fight, it was a superfight. A one off deal for Alpha, but I went in with the promise that if I pulled off the victory I would get a shot at Alpha's title. I've been waiting for that phone call, and it's not happening right now. Rumor is that Alpha is trying to pull out of it. That he's afraid of me now. And he should be, because I'm going to take his belt away the second he steps back into the cage with me. I hope he sees this interview, because I'm calling him out right now. Alpha, you can either fedex me my new belt and slink off into retirement, or you can get back in the cage with me and I'll take my belt.

Reporter: I think that's a rematch everyone would love to see, and you definitely deserve a shot at that belt. Hopefully we'll see that put together soon. It's been great talking to you. Good luck getting that rematch.

Josh: Thanks man!

• Upvote 1